Mossley AFC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
PitmanKeith

Re: Mossley AFC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

Just for information Danny Glover record ( appointed 17-12-22):

2022/23

P22 W 5 D 4 L13 F22 A47

2023/24

P11 W 1 D 2 L 8 F11 A25

Totals

P33 W 6 D 6 L21 F33 A72

Goals scored per game

0 - 10
1 - 16
2 - 5
3 - 1
4 - 1

Goals conceded per game

0 - 7
1 - 5
2 - 7
3 - 10
4 - 1
5 - 2
9 - 1

Win Rate 18.1%

Loss Rate 63.1%
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Oct 02 2023 8:43 am Just for information Danny Glover record ( appointed 17-12-22):

2022/23

P22 W 5 D 4 L13 F22 A47

2023/24

P11 W 1 D 2 L 8 F11 A25

Totals

P33 W 6 D 6 L21 F33 A72

Goals scored per game

0 - 10
1 - 16
2 - 5
3 - 1
4 - 1

Goals conceded per game

0 - 7
1 - 5
2 - 7
3 - 10
4 - 1
5 - 2
9 - 1

Win Rate 18.1%

Loss Rate 63.1%
Sadly Keith it just about sums it up the longer it goes on the worse it becomes
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Oct 01 2023 5:00 pm I'm not sure what people expect, but everyone has conveniently forgotten that Danny is operating under financial restrictions that prevent him from bringing in the kind of player that both he and us want to see wearing our shirts.
If people can be bothered to read the Chairman's statement posted on 14th Sept they will see that he said that Danny had to rebuild the first team squad over the Summer at a time when many clubs at our level had already sorted themselves out and that the budget isn't in line with previous ones. Yes, Danny chose the squad, but he had to operate within financial constraints that saw us recruit many players from step 5 (this is a fact and I know it doesn't fit with the narrative that some would prefer to trot out) and some players had already got clubs. In short he hadn't got a lot to pick from.

I was at Stourport for our first game - I don't know who else was, but in all honesty we looked a bit of a rabble and there were many players on trial who were basically rubbish. THe squad had been thrown together at that point. That is the reality and as Hayden has said he is running a very tight ship and so Danny's hands are tied.

Yes, we've played 11 competitive fixtures and done badly, but now that Danny is able to bring in the odd player, whilst the club fends off 7 day approaches from the likes of Shifnal, I am happy to give him the next half a dozen games to see if there is an improvement.

What is also unpalatable to some people is the fact that we have dropped points and lost games through individual errors - two own goals against Hanley (who didn't register an attempt on goal from open play) , being a case in point. Hanley beat us because we made errors that Sunday morning players wouldn't have made - nothing to do with the manager.

The next 3 games are fixtures where we should look to get some points on the board. It won't help anyone if people get on Danny's back.

Yes, Ian Long would be a great appointment, but would he come here with our budget???

After all that went on in the Summer we owe Danny a massive thank you and also a bit of time. We can afford to give him another half dozen games and then we can see. After that go out and get Ian Long (good luck with that) and see how he does. We won't be relegated in November as people seem to believe that Danny is the problem and if he does go it is a given (apparently) that whoever comes in will do a much better job so we can easily get the 11 wins and a few draws we need to stay up.
I look at it like this I’m nearly eighty years of age and I’ve never kicked a football in my life but I could have gone around in the summer signing a group of players give them a basic format to work to and I would have got at least a better set of results than Danny let’s face it wouldn’t take much doing so how do we owe Danny a massive thank you ? And finally yes I was at Stourport and there’s one thing for sure we played better then than we have done for most of this season it’s just not on.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

how many times have you heard this is a must win game, we are what we are doomed
this is as bad as when we were in the midlands league
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973%E2%8 ... all_League
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... form-guide

anyone getting the picture ?
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Mon Oct 02 2023 2:23 pm how many times have you heard this is a must win game, we are what we are doomed
this is as bad as when we were in the midlands league
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973%E2%8 ... all_League
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... form-guide

anyone getting the picture ?
Nobody at the club mate😔
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

o-Yay, o-Yay
Things not going our way.
Not had much time
so writing in rhyme
Is like us in the mire
Hanging on by a wire.
We need to get points
like my dad needs his joints.
But are glovers days numbered
or with him are we lumbered?
without rhyme or reason.till the end of the season?
o-Yay, o-Yay

dig a-ling