Mossley AFC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Mossley AFC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 30 September - kick-off time: 3:00pm
Venue: Seel Park, Market Street, Mossley, Ashton-under-Lyne OL5 0ES
Link to opponents official website: https://mossleyafc.co.uk/

Admission prices:
£10 Adults
£6 Concessions/OAP/Students
£3 16s-17s
£1 Children

(I know I've gone early but I have a busy week ahead!)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Mossley AFC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

Make or break game this, things need to start changing from here especially having the latest batch of new signings plus the recent acquisitions of Thompson and Abbey.
The squad does look stronger now but it will mean nothing if we can't start turning performances into results. For me Forbes and Mayemba must now start getting some serious game time, can't understand why they're not already, two players, unpredictable yes, but they can change games.
Time to stand up and be counted lads you are getting unbelievable backing from supporters, need to start repaying that.
Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

don't think Star cuts it for me , like for him to prove me wrong
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

It will pick up at some point. Keep the faith
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Radio Commentary available here

Del

Post by Del »

MOSSLEY 1 - 0 PITMEN

Official (crows) 457

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

To put it in simple terms this can’t be allowed to continue,they allowed the club to drift last season and we know what happened now the same people are allowing us to drift this season,action is needed and needed now.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Sat Sep 30 2023 5:09 pm To put it in simple terms this can’t be allowed to continue,they allowed the club to drift last season and we know what happened now the same people are allowing us to drift this season,action is needed and needed now.
I agree Jackie, I love Danny to bits always have done and his commitment will never be questioned by me. But commitment doesn't win you games, nor does good or bad luck. Experience, game management, tactics and nouse wins you games and those are the qualities I see totally lacking.
One win in eight pre season games and one win in twelve competitive games tells the story how it is.
Not good enough, no sign of results changing, we have to do something and quickly. We gave KMR 2.1/2 years when he should have gone after the first season and look where that got us. It's happening again, time to change things up I'm afraid.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'd give Danny more time. He threw a team together of step 5 players with little notice and at a time when other clubs had already assembled their squads. Now that we have a commercial manager we may have the chance to generate some income to allow Danny to bring new faces who are capable of playing at this level. He has started this in the last couple of weeks and now is not the time to pull the trigger.

Cut him some slack and see what happens over the next couple of months.

By the way, who would come and manage us in this position anyway?????
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Sep 30 2023 7:00 pm I'd give Danny more time. He threw a team together of step 5 players with little notice and at a time when other clubs had already assembled their squads. Now that we have a commercial manager we may have the chance to generate some income to allow Danny to bring new faces who are capable of playing at this level. He has started this in the last couple of weeks and now is not the time to pull the trigger.

His times up Perton, you know it, I know it, most supporters know it, if he's honest Danny has probably started to realise it. There are FOUR people in the dug out, Inc Danny on matchdays yet not one of them appears to have the nouse to turn results around.
I'm not gonna name names but I know of an experienced management team who would come in and do the job for nothing and I know of THREE others managers experienced at this level who are currently out of work.
It not hard to find them if you look around. But we appear to hire on sentiment so I'm not holding my breath.
Oh and it will be too late by Christmas.
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

I wasn’t there today, but from what I’m told it was an individual error for the goal and we looked better when we went 4-4-2 again. The formation change has been a regular thing and we need to start with that on Saturday.

Regarding the manager. I’ve always said there’s no point sacking the manager unless you can bring someone in who you genuinely think will do a better job with the resources available. Unfortunately we don’t have a great level of resources currently and I think anyone with experience at this level wouldn’t be interested in our job because of the uncertainty of the club, playing budget available etc. I am intrigued to hear who these THREE other experienced managers at are at our level are who are currently out of work and who we could possibly entise. Surely there’s no harm sharing this information/opinion?

If the management team who would come in and do the job for ‘nothing’ are Rob and Larry, I’m completely against this. They were the most successful management team in my ~22 years following Hednesford, but this isn’t the answer for me. They had a very decent budget during their success and haven’t had a job in ~ 5 years, since they had a massive say in Halesowen being relegated to step 4. Yesterdays men. The game has moved on since then.

If we’re in the same position at the end of October I may not have the same stance. I believe the league table really does take shape after 12 or so games. But until then I will continue to support Danny and the players. Fingers crossed we can turn this around.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

akb junior wrote: Sat Sep 30 2023 11:57 pm

I am intrigued to hear who these THREE other experienced managers at are at our level are who are currently out of work and who we could possibly entise. Surely there’s no harm sharing this information/opinion?

Neil Baker
Ian Long (yes unlikely I know)
Carl Abbott

Carl Adams is another I've always been impressed with though he is currently employed by Rugby Town in the Midlands Division and they are struggling.

There are more available.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Also do these look like the sign of a team that going to turn the corner.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... form-guide

Playing record this season

P 11 W 1 D 2 L 8 F 11 A 25

No win at home in 5 attempts

I do agree with the theory of who would you bring in and even who would be foolish enough to come but those are not the primary reasons for making a decision are they.
If something isn't done and done soon oblivion beckons and those I'm afraid are the cold hard facts on what is a very sad state of affairs for this once proud football club.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Carl Abbott was appointed manager for AFC Wulfs last week and took charge for the first time yesterday as they lost 6-0 at home to WOlverhampton Casuals (who hadn't won a league game all season).

He may become available soon if this carries on!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Oct 01 2023 8:28 am Carl Abbott was appointed manager for AFC Wulfs last week and took charge for the first time yesterday as they lost 6-0 at home to WOlverhampton Casuals (who hadn't won a league game all season).

He may become available soon if this carries on!
Missed that😵‍💫
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

I thought Carl Abbott would have been one and like Perton said, he got the Wulfs job recently.

When Ian Long left Alverchurch I did say that would be a great appointment. Unfortunately, like Keith says, this is highly unlikely and I’m sure he’ll get a better job than ours.

I am well aware that our form is terrible and I’m not sure if we will turn the corner, but I just think Danny should be given abit more time. Like I said previously, if we’re in the same situation at the end of October I’m sure my stance will have changed.
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

akb junior wrote: Sun Oct 01 2023 9:35 am I thought Carl Abbott would have been one and like Perton said, he got the Wulfs job recently.

When Ian Long left Alverchurch I did say that would be a great appointment. Unfortunately, like Keith says, this is highly unlikely and I’m sure he’ll get a better job than ours.

I am well aware that our form is terrible and I’m not sure if we will turn the corner, but I just think Danny should be given abit more time. Like I said previously, if we’re in the same situation at the end of October I’m sure my stance will have changed.
I’ll hold you to that
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Let's give Danny more time to get us relegated
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Sep 30 2023 7:00 pm I'd give Danny more time. He threw a team together of step 5 players with little notice and at a time when other clubs had already assembled their squads. Now that we have a commercial manager we may have the chance to generate some income to allow Danny to bring new faces who are capable of playing at this level. He has started this in the last couple of weeks and now is not the time to pull the trigger.

You would give him till the end of the season, it is obvious he is out of his depth, cannot motivate and certainly cannot get anything like the best out of his players.
The whole management team is not experienced and that is not what is needed.
Just stick with him why ? Look at the results, the performances, everything is terrible can you not see that ?
No he didn't throw a team of players together that is completely wrong he chose them all and the squad was in place well before pre season so that is not right either, he has had more than enough time to sort it out.
Get a new manager and staff in that can get the best out of the players that are here.
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

sheriff wrote: Sun Oct 01 2023 10:05 am Let's give Danny more time to get us relegated
Exactly this and the sooner certain people on here get it the better
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Nobody has mentioned we should be grateful because we nearly didn't have a team at all, well I'm sorry to be blunt but we don't have one anyway.
Del

Post by Del »

johnmotson wrote: Sun Oct 01 2023 10:09 am You would give him till the end of the season, it is obvious he is out of his depth, cannot motivate and certainly cannot get anything like the best out of his players.
The whole management team is not experienced and that is not what is needed.
Just stick with him why ? Look at the results, the performances, everything is terrible can you not see that ?
No he didn't throw a team of players together that is completely wrong he chose them all and the squad was in place well before pre season so that is not right either, he has had more than enough time to sort it out.
Get a new manager and staff in that can get the best out of the players that are here.
Good post - although maybe bring in someone who can help and advise Danny, as I said before.
He is learning the Management trade, but cannot be left to do it under the current circumstances and desperately needs help now before it is too late.
All this about throwing a squad together, be thankful we have a Club, ref was terrible, we were unlucky etc-etc just won't wash anymore.

Who is overall responsible at the end of the day? Is it Danny? Is it TerryMc? Is it Hayden? :think:
Whoever it is needs to sit down and have a jolly good think about the future - because at the moment it is looking bleak! :cry:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm not sure what people expect, but everyone has conveniently forgotten that Danny is operating under financial restrictions that prevent him from bringing in the kind of player that both he and us want to see wearing our shirts.
If people can be bothered to read the Chairman's statement posted on 14th Sept they will see that he said that Danny had to rebuild the first team squad over the Summer at a time when many clubs at our level had already sorted themselves out and that the budget isn't in line with previous ones. Yes, Danny chose the squad, but he had to operate within financial constraints that saw us recruit many players from step 5 (this is a fact and I know it doesn't fit with the narrative that some would prefer to trot out) and some players had already got clubs. In short he hadn't got a lot to pick from.

I was at Stourport for our first game - I don't know who else was, but in all honesty we looked a bit of a rabble and there were many players on trial who were basically rubbish. THe squad had been thrown together at that point. That is the reality and as Hayden has said he is running a very tight ship and so Danny's hands are tied.

Yes, we've played 11 competitive fixtures and done badly, but now that Danny is able to bring in the odd player, whilst the club fends off 7 day approaches from the likes of Shifnal, I am happy to give him the next half a dozen games to see if there is an improvement.

What is also unpalatable to some people is the fact that we have dropped points and lost games through individual errors - two own goals against Hanley (who didn't register an attempt on goal from open play) , being a case in point. Hanley beat us because we made errors that Sunday morning players wouldn't have made - nothing to do with the manager.

The next 3 games are fixtures where we should look to get some points on the board. It won't help anyone if people get on Danny's back.

Yes, Ian Long would be a great appointment, but would he come here with our budget???

After all that went on in the Summer we owe Danny a massive thank you and also a bit of time. We can afford to give him another half dozen games and then we can see. After that go out and get Ian Long (good luck with that) and see how he does. We won't be relegated in November as people seem to believe that Danny is the problem and if he does go it is a given (apparently) that whoever comes in will do a much better job so we can easily get the 11 wins and a few draws we need to stay up.