Mickleover FC (H)

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Mickleover FC (H)

Post by Del »

Tuesday 14 February 2023 .. kick-off 1945hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about the Race Stadium

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Race Stadium and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Mickleover FC (H)

Post by PitmanKeith »

FULL TIME

HEDNESFORD 0-3 MICKLEOVER

Official (crows) 231
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
njp

Post by njp »

I really can’t understand why we took off 2 attacking players who were at least offering us progressive runs and ended the game with 4 central midfielders 3 of which play a very similar style of football. It’s a perfectly valid tactical decision if you’re winning but chasing the game at 2-0 down it seems like such a backwards decision :doh:
:lol:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Played well in the first half with the game being very open. Could have been 3 each at half time. Quality levels and entertainment dropped second half and the game became scrappy. Morley my man of the match.
I'm afraid Graham deserved to be hooked. Doesn't look fit at all
:scratchhead:
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

The other thing I'll add about last night was the pitiful attendance of 231. If you look across the leagues (crows) were low everywhere. Strangers had 380 which is easily their lowest of the season.
I know the league has to shoehorn fixtures in at this time of the year, but it was a CL night and cold. With the exception of a couple of clubs, everyone is on top of their fixtures and surely games could be played in March and April when the weather is better.
I used to like going to midweek games at the end of the season as there would be a bit of daylight and the weather would be warmer. These days there are many less midweek games at theses times - Alvechurch are likely to be the exception.

It had a funereal feel to it last night for all sorts of reasons
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Feb 15 2023 4:13 pm The other thing I'll add about last night was the pitiful attendance of 231. If you look across the leagues (crows) were low everywhere. Strangers had 380 which is easily their lowest of the season.
I know the league has to shoehorn fixtures in at this time of the year, but it was a CL night and cold. With the exception of a couple of clubs, everyone is on top of their fixtures and surely games could be played in March and April when the weather is better.
I used to like going to midweek games at the end of the season as there would be a bit of daylight and the weather would be warmer. These days there are many less midweek games at theses times - Alvechurch are likely to be the exception.

It had a funereal feel to it last night for all sorts of reasons
You should have been treating Mrs PP to a curry on Valentine’s Day, not going to football :-). Maybe that’s an additional reason for the general low crows across the leagues.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 16 2023 5:32 pm You should have been treating Mrs PP to a curry on Valentine’s Day, not going to football :-). Maybe that’s an additional reason for the general low crows across the leagues.
I would have expected record (crows) as surely football is cheaper than a curry! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

dunno me and the mrs can share a curry for £14 pound in the warmth oh our home :-D
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

do you know ive lost that much interest didn't even know we had a game
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say