Hednesford v Stafford limited highlights

Missed the game? Catch up here.
Jon

Hednesford v Stafford limited highlights

Post by Jon »

Hi folks due to busy work load tonight and next couple of days i wont be able to provide a proper highlights package till about Thursday of today's game, however, I have managed to knock up the key points of the game today.

Glyn

Re: Hednesford v Stafford limited highlights

Post by Glyn »

On second viewing, just as on first, the decision to award the second penalty for the most blatant dive you could ever wish to see is even worse than the debatable red card decision

Hope the ref slept well last night.....

:x
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Soup Dragon

Post by Soup Dragon »

Two very debatable penalty decisions, but nothing debatable about the sending-off, which was the correct decision. Both of Osbournes' feet were ankle high. You just cannot do that.
It took me years to understand "here's" from "hears", so their you go!
Del

Post by Del »

First penalty: Right decision - the defender swung at the ball which was long gone and clipped the attackers ankles - good decision.

Red card: Right decision - defender had both feet off the ground and clearly went in feet first, whether he took the ball or not is irrelevant - good decision.

Second penalty: Right decision - the defender stuck his left leg out and left it there (hokey cokey anyone?), obviously the attacker was going to fall/dive over it - good decision.

Their first goal has shades of last season written all over it - terrible defending from the cross, where was the man on the far post?
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del wrote: Red card: Right decision - defender had both feet off the ground and clearly went in feet first, whether he took the ball or not is irrelevant - good decision.

Their first goal has shades of last season written all over it - terrible defending from the cross, where was the man on the far post?
a) So, is there a way of tackling other than feet first?

:think: :roll:

b) He wasn't there....

:roll: :think: :doh: :lol:
Del

Post by Del »

a) Okay .... then studs first that is clearer!! Image

b) No, I wasn't there - but the FA base their decisions on video evidence (as they aren't often at every match) - so do I! Image

:oldtimer:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Soup Dragon

Post by Soup Dragon »

Its unlike me Del, but think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick re. para b). I dont believe you were the intended criticism.
Del

Post by Del »

Soup Dragon wrote:Its unlike me Del, but think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick re. para b). I dont believe you were the intended criticism.

Quite probably you are right (I assumed 'he' was 'me') ... but Glyn & I love dueling together!! Image

No harm done - :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Soup Dragon

Post by Soup Dragon »

Wouldn't want people getting upset over comments made on here, would we?
8-) :wink:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

LOL

And yes, I meant that the guy at the back post wasn't there....

:roll: :doh: (muppet) :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen: :doh:
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote:LOL

And yes, I meant that the guy at the back post wasn't there....

:roll: :doh: (muppet) :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen: :doh:

I know .. I said that (-1 point for repetition!)

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Having reviewed the video myself it seems that Ozzy went in with one foot only (although he shaped to go in with two and the ref may have been a little unsighted). I don't profess to know whether that merits a red card or not, but had I been a ref I'd have given him a yellow.

As far as the penalties are concerned, in my view neither tackle merited a foul being awarded, but the Strangers defender made a better job than Francis did in withdrawing his leg
:scratchhead:
Del

Post by Del »

I love these healthy debates!!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

SPecsavers should be doing a roaring trade as everyone seems to have seen something different from everyone else :mrgreen:

Having looked at the Ozzy tackle again I reckon we will see games where identical tackles are deemed fair by the officials
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote:SPecsavers should be doing a roaring trade as everyone seems to have seen something different from everyone else :mrgreen:

Having looked at the Ozzy tackle again I reckon we will see games where identical tackles are deemed fair by the officials
I'm sure you're right.... and indeed if the same sensible ref who spoke to Macca rather than cautioning him for a late challenge in the first half - and there was a similar incident involving an away player too, though my memory fails me as to the detail, but I can remember my bro and I saying (as we did at the Frickley game), "it's OK if refs don't start flashing cards because they then get carried away" - had emerged for the second half, we may have seen a 1-1 draw with no penalties and no red card.

I made careful note of that definition of when refs should show cards or not - careless/reckless/excessive force- when I heard the esteemed Graham Poll (yes, really, he may have made the odd mistake or two, or three, but talks and writes very intelligently now about refereeing) explain it - problem is it still leaves incidents open to the referee's interpretation, and as we've proved opinions will always vary.

So best not give them chance to take the worst view....
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

A bit late I know but I'm slowly getting my laptop out to watch these highlights in date order.

I can't see why Jamey was red carded - he didn't go in two footed, he certainly didn't go in any worse than the Stafford player did. A yellow card each should have been the decision in my opinion.
As for the two penalties at least the referee was consistent - both were soft penalties in my opinion - there might have been contact but that doesn't entitle a player to go down and it's not necessarily a foul either. If we are giving fouls every time there is contact the ref would be blowing every couple of seconds. Having seen both again both penalty awards were too soft for my liking.

To sum up then, the ref was a bloody muppet!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Lee K wrote:To sum up then, the ref was a bloody muppet!

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21