Old Player Watch

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Re: Old Player Watch

Post by Glyn »

Adam Thomas released by Chester..

https://chesterfc.com/chester-fc-retained-list-2023-24/

He's had an interesting career in the North West since leaving us.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-th ... ler/156942
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Latest 1--0 51m
njp

Post by njp »

I’m at the Midland League Cup final tonight. Parton is in goal for congleton and George Cleet is on the bench for Highgate.
:lol:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

See where Kieran Boucher has turned up now..

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

njp wrote: Wed May 01 2024 9:19 pm I’m at the Midland League Cup final tonight. Parton is in goal for congleton and George Cleet is on the bench for Highgate.
Also on the bench for Highgate was Corey Currithers, who famously played in our Staffs Senior Cup defeat at Leek Town last season as one of 5 dual reg players that we signed days before the game because we had 2 Senior Cup games in 2 days (although the 2nd was rained off in the end).
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
njp

Post by njp »

Lee K wrote: Thu May 02 2024 4:57 pm
njp wrote: Wed May 01 2024 9:19 pm I’m at the Midland League Cup final tonight. Parton is in goal for congleton and George Cleet is on the bench for Highgate.
Also on the bench for Highgate was Corey Currithers, who famously played in our Staffs Senior Cup defeat at Leek Town last season as one of 5 dual reg players that we signed days before the game because we had 2 Senior Cup games in 2 days (although the 2nd was rained off in the end).

Well spotted!
njp

Post by njp »

Demetri Brown is playing for Lichfield tonight and Star Myemba is playing for wolves casuals in their JW Hunt Semi Final game!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

njp wrote: Thu May 02 2024 8:19 pm Demetri Brown is playing for Lichfield tonight and Star Myemba is playing for wolves casuals in their JW Hunt Semi Final game!

But it didn't matter in the end. Sounds like a crazy shoot-out..
njp

Post by njp »

Yep. Fair play to Paul Hathaway. What a performance that was! He’s got to be about 42.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I went to the game last night and of the two, Star was far more effective than Brown. He gave a powerful, pacey display and wasn't afraid to run into the channels. He created a couple of golden opportunities for team mates to win it, but on two occasions shots were lifted over the bar from no more than 5 yards. Casuals created more,but as the game got stretched Lichfield hit the post with the last kick of the game.
It was played at a frenetic pace at times, with little quality.

The Darlaston manager was there, but I don't think he would have learned much as Lichfield were resting a few players with the play-off final in mind.

Onto the penalties - I think of the first 5 that were taken only one was scored and in total 12 were taken with just 5 being scored. The keepers saved half a dozen between them (Hathaway 4 and the Casuals keeper 2) and Brown was the only player to miss the target. He tip-toed up to the ball and proceeded to stick it in the conifers.

Not many at the game - perhaps 150 at a stretch, but I like evening football when the weather is pleasant.

Stone play Wolverhampton SC next Wednesday in the other semi-final.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Jordan Tunnicliffe released by Wrexham

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2024/ ... ined-list/
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I went to the Blues match today and straight from there I attended the Midland League Division 1 play-off final between OJM CFC and Droitwich Spa.
Droitwich had slightly the better of a tight first half and were a goal up at half time due to an own goal from Jordon Sangha, who had a short and dreadful loan spell with us from Solihull Moors a few years ago, flicking a cross into the far corner.
OJM had slightly the better of the second half and equalised in the 75th minute from a penalty which was as clear cut as you will see in my opinion. Before that, another former Pitman Ahmed Ali was subbed off by OJM having had the same level of ineffectiveness he had when he played for us earlier this season. But this is Step 6. He was playing in the unusual position of centre forward and despite the scorching temperatures was still playing in his tights. An interested observer in the crowd was former Stourbridge striker Luke Benbow. The match finished 1-1 and OJM won 4-3 on penalties to clinch promotion to the Midland League Premier Division.
OJM CFC have had a nomadic existence. Formerly Black Country Rangers, the club have never had their own ground and have never groundshared at any particular ground for too long either. Last year they played at Lye, this year at the Triplex Sports Association in King’s Norton, Birmingham.
I would guess the crowd was around 400, and from the goals scored it was clear that 90% of them were from Droitwich. So OJM have no home, no identity in terms of a town that they originate from and hardly any fans either. But they are named OJM after Oliver James Mee, who was murdered in 2009 by a drug taker and dealer in Birmingham. They will also (probably) playing Hednesford Town in a league match next season.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Sat May 04 2024 6:36 pm I went to the Blues match today and straight from there I attended the Midland League Division 1 play-off final between OJM CFC and Droitwich Spa.
Droitwich had slightly the better of a tight first half and were a goal up at half time due to an own goal from Jordon Sangha, who had a short and dreadful loan spell with us from Solihull Moors a few years ago, flicking a cross into the far corner.
OJM had slightly the better of the second half and equalised in the 75th minute from a penalty which was as clear cut as you will see in my opinion. Before that, another former Pitman Ahmed Ali was subbed off by OJM having had the same level of ineffectiveness he had when he played for us earlier this season. But this is Step 6. He was playing in the unusual position of centre forward and despite the scorching temperatures was still playing in his tights. An interested observer in the crowd was former Stourbridge striker Luke Benbow. The match finished 1-1 and OJM won 4-3 on penalties to clinch promotion to the Midland League Premier Division.
OJM CFC have had a nomadic existence. Formerly Black Country Rangers, the club have never had their own ground and have never groundshared at any particular ground for too long either. Last year they played at Lye, this year at the Triplex Sports Association in King’s Norton, Birmingham.
I would guess the crowd was around 400, and from the goals scored it was clear that 90% of them were from Droitwich. So OJM have no home, no identity in terms of a town that they originate from and hardly any fans either. But they are named OJM after Oliver James Mee, who was murdered in 2009 by a drug taker and dealer in Birmingham. They will also (probably) playing Hednesford Town in a league match next season.
I think they've also shared Cradley's ground.
Not sure how they are funded, but will be an interesting fixture for us next season.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat May 04 2024 6:51 pm
Lee K wrote: Sat May 04 2024 6:36 pm I went to the Blues match today and straight from there I attended the Midland League Division 1 play-off final between OJM CFC and Droitwich Spa.
I think they've also shared Cradley's ground.
Not sure how they are funded, but will be an interesting fixture for us next season.
They were charging £3.50 for a bottle of Budweiser today which when poured into a plastic pint cup only filled half of it.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Brackley Town failed yet again in the National League North play-off final losing out 2-1 at home to Boston United.
George Carline and Tyler Lyttle played for Brackley and Cameron Gregory produced a brilliant performance in goal for Boston (he was a loaned Pitman from Shrewsbury in 2020).
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun May 05 2024 10:05 am Brackley Town failed yet again in the National League North play-off final losing out 2-1 at home to Boston United.
George Carline and Tyler Lyttle played for Brackley and Cameron Gregory produced a brilliant performance in goal for Boston (he was a loaned Pitman from Shrewsbury in 2020).
See non league news topic :-D
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun May 05 2024 10:40 am
Lee K wrote: Sun May 05 2024 10:05 am Brackley Town failed yet again in the National League North play-off final losing out 2-1 at home to Boston United.
Oops…
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun May 05 2024 10:50 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sun May 05 2024 10:40 am
Oops…
:-D :-D
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

From a reliable source..

Remeao Hutton played the most for an outfield player in the EFL this season.

He played every minute of 47 games, 27 for Swindon and 20 for Gillingham.

Seems that totals 4,230 minutes.
njp

Post by njp »

I went to watch Albrighton vs Cannock Dynamos (staffs league div 2 south) as my second game of bank holiday Monday. Nick Wellecomme was playing for the Cannock side and scored 2 goals. He also tried 2 bicycle kicks which were both cleared off the line.
njp

Post by njp »

Macclesfield have posted their retained list today and Bohan Dixon has been released. I think he played about 3 or 4 games for us.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

njp wrote: Thu May 09 2024 3:05 pm Macclesfield have posted their retained list today and Bohan Dixon has been released. I think he played about 3 or 4 games for us.
Good spot.

They are retaining Sweeney though..

Ollie Byrne who they have released is a very good keeper. Potential good signing for any club at Step 4.. or higher..