Old Player Watch

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Perton Pitman

Re: Old Player Watch

Post by Perton Pitman »

Last night I went to watch lichfield v lye in the semi final of the JW Hunt cup. It was played at AFC Wulfs.
Kyle Patterson, who score a few goals during a short stay with us a decade ago, lined up for lichfield.
It was a drab 0 0, but lichfield did hit the woodwork 3 times in the second half.
It went to penalties and lichfield missed their first two leaving lye to win 4 2.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

More assorted OPs on the mark here:

https://www.thenpl.co.uk/match-info/results
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Chey Dunkley back for Sheff Wed as they went for 3x centre-backs, and had a perfectly valid (IMO) goal disallowed (0.30 onwards)

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote: Mon Apr 25 2022 11:05 am Chey Dunkley back for Sheff Wed as they went for 3x centre-backs, and had a perfectly valid (IMO) goal disallowed (0.30 onwards)

What a truly dreadful decision
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Apr 26 2022 7:34 pm
Glyn wrote: Mon Apr 25 2022 11:05 am Chey Dunkley back for Sheff Wed as they went for 3x centre-backs, and had a perfectly valid (IMO) goal disallowed (0.30 onwards)

What a truly dreadful decision
It's OK, it's not as if anything important was resting on it... :roll: :doh:

Ref giving what he thought must have happened without actually seeing it - we've all seen them do that...
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I made it to Yeltz v Chasetown last night...

Tremendous performance by Chasetown and they fully deserved their win. They're playing lovely passing football (without fannying around at the back) under Swanny and Tayls, albeit with no great end product (Butlin huffs and puffs and backs into defenders but I don't recall him having a shot...)

I was on the side terrace surrounded by home fans, understandable disgruntlement with the way it was decided, people berating the ref throughout (I now know how silly I used to look when I did that - it's quite amusing standing among a group of gobby fans whose entreaties the ref can't hear!) and cries of "it's a fix!" at FT (it wasn't...)

(Sadly I can't find a more extended version of highlights, see below re Kyle Perry... Yeltz haven't yet put any up and indeed their official site doesn't yet carry a match report, perhaps they're hoping it was just a bad dream...)

Of the Pitmen OPs on view:

For Yeltz:

Platt safe and secure in goal

Kieran Morris solid and steady

McCone Ronseal until the penalty - a moment of madness, can't see why he was debating the decision...

For Chasetown:

Melbourne very energetic in a wide right attacking role, belying his advancing years

Butlin, see above

Can never remember whether Ryan Wynter played competitively for us or just PSFs, but they've converted him into a very competent centre-back

And then there's Kyle Perry, of course. Came on after the goal, with one minute of added time to play, went to ground after the first (immediate) challenge on him,. 18-man brawl, Yeltz red. So I suppose he did what he came on to do!

2573 crows, tremendous

Nice to see a crowd and be in one. They'd brought in some Baggies stewards to help out, I'm sure they felt the same...

And an excellent 44-page programme

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

On the mark today:

Lloyd Kerry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61198437

Tyrone Barnett (sending King's Lynn down...)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61198772
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Nick Amos, part of the Boldmere St Michaels management team, who were promoted to Step 4 today after winning an inter-league play-off against Chalfont St Peter.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Michael Howard scored 4 of Skelmersdale’s goals in their 5-1 win at Cinderford in another Step 5 Inter-League play-off.
Although Skem are promoted, Howard will not be with them as he will be joining Warrington Town next season, who are playing Scarborough Athletic tomorrow in the Northern Premier League play-off final, for promotion into National League North.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Today I saw a 2-2 draw between Hereford and Brackley Town. Former Pitman Glenn Walker is still starting for 2nd placed Brackley. In the first half he intercepted a loose pass, ran down the wing and put the ball on the goal line for striker Janaai Gordon to put them 2-0 up at half time. In the second half he reverted to a left sided central defender when their captain went off injured. I’ve no idea how old he is now but it feels like years ago that he played for us and he is still doing the business.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Kennedy Digie scored Farsley Celtic’s equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Darlington in National League North.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Lee K wrote: Mon May 02 2022 10:24 pm Today I saw a 2-2 draw between Hereford and Brackley Town. Former Pitman Glenn Walker is still starting for 2nd placed Brackley. In the first half he intercepted a loose pass, ran down the wing and put the ball on the goal line for striker Janaai Gordon to put them 2-0 up at half time. In the second half he reverted to a left sided central defender when their captain went off injured. I’ve no idea how old he is now but it feels like years ago that he played for us and he is still doing the business.
It is mate

:twisted:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Tonight's football fix is old wulfs v Gornal sports in the west midlands league division one. The home side have 43 year old jake Sedgemore in midfield. The visitors are 6 -4 up in the closing stages. The most entertaining game I've seen in ages.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I went to see the Midland League Division One play-off, semi final between Darlaston Town and Dudley Town, which Darlaston easily won 4-0 to set up a home play-off promotion final against Stapenhill on Saturday.
Rob Hanna started but didn’t finish for a very below par Dudley, and unfortunately not only did I not see a teamsheet but also both clubs failed to put their line-ups on Twitter, so I am not sure if Bradley Clarkson was the Darlaston goalkeeper as I couldn’t remember what he looked like from the couple of games I’ve seen him play for us four or five months ago. Needless to say, he didn’t have anything to do anyway.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Lee K wrote: Mon May 02 2022 10:24 pm Today I saw a 2-2 draw between Hereford and Brackley Town. Former Pitman Glenn Walker is still starting for 2nd placed Brackley. In the first half he intercepted a loose pass, ran down the wing and put the ball on the goal line for striker Janaai Gordon to put them 2-0 up at half time. In the second half he reverted to a left sided central defender when their captain went off injured. I’ve no idea how old he is now but it feels like years ago that he played for us and he is still doing the business.
2014-15 season Lee. If memory serves correct he and Steve Diggin both had chances on the last day of that season to relegate Brackley from the Vanarama North, only to sign for them that summer.

Although not a former player I see Hednesford resident Jared Hodgkiss scored the equaliser.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Scott wrote: Wed May 04 2022 9:05 pm
2014-15 season Lee. If memory serves correct he and Steve Diggin both had chances on the last day of that season to relegate Brackley from the Vanarama North, only to sign for them that summer.

Although not a former player I see Hednesford resident Jared Hodgkiss scored the equaliser.
Correct on the season Scott, Walker and Diggin are now both 34. They were both signed with glowing reputations from Brackley and Walker was just a cut above everyone else for us real silky skills and vision. Diggin however suffered the strikers curse at Hednesford and despite being prolific at Brackley and elsewhere in his career was largely disappointing at KP.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
C D S

Post by C D S »

Anthony Dwyer leaves the bucket shakers

www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
C D S

Post by C D S »

Taylor Allen released by Forest Green

www.pitmenweb.co.uk - Independent Hednesford Town
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

It's been suggested on another thread that we might try (again!) to get him back for next season... we'd have to go through his agent to get him...

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Seems that having an agent is the done thing at step 3. Bonkers!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm stretching the season out by taking in another game tonight. It's the walsall senior Cup final at bescot between rushall and khalsa.
Danny glover and Tom Thorley are lining up for rushall