Live Match Topic Update.

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
PitmanKeith

Live Match Topic Update.

Post by PitmanKeith »

As from the start of next season the live match topic on this forum will cease to exist.
Many media outlets will still cover the match with live updates including the Official Club Twitter Page.

The pre and post match topic will still operate hopefully as strong as ever.

Thank you for following the topic over the years.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Re: Live Match Topic Update.

Post by Glyn »

Fair enough... times have changed..

Thanks to Del in particular but also to a few others including Keith who have given their time to posting updates over the years..

And to assorted "radio stations" for transmitting texts, especially before Twitter/X was invented.

The latter would seem now to be the best way to follow games for those who can't be there.. sadly I don't think the Football Web Pages app/videprinter go as far down the pyramid as we might be going...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Del

Post by Del »

It has been great fun to do over many years .. but the supply of Radio Cars along with interaction by both Club and HTFCSA has dried up completely now, so in all honesty I have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks go to the countless Radio Cars that have texted me from games, both home and away, sometimes sober, sometimes not! :drink:

Maybe live commentary will return next season, who knows?? - my thanks goes to DC for his work when he has been able - but with all these new positions that the Club are creating and filling one would hope that some thought for distant supporters will be considered and not jst for those in the Keys Park group. :think:

I was going to thank a certain Terry Brumpton for introducing me to HTFC way back in 2009 when he asked if I would like to sponsor the then Manager Dean Edwards, an ex-Torquay player, TUFC being the Club I worked for back then and TB was our programme editor. I say 'was' because I'm not sure if it has been in my interest since then or not :mrgreen: - but I have made some good and solid friends associated with HTFC.

Finally ... a big thanks to Dan the Video Man - his return has been a breath of fresh air and his videos certainly have highlighted what has been lacking all season ... commitment! :doh:

Thanks all. :drive1: :drive2: :mystery:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Big thanks from me to Del for his dedication to the cause over many years, being available for 99% of games to provide the service has been nothing short of miraculous, well done mate.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

thanks Del
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say