Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Lee K

Re: Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

Post by Lee K »

A recent interview with Adam Stevens can be listened to here:

I’ve only just found this and won’t be able to have a listen for at least a couple of days. He may give something away about his plans or anything he may have lined up if anyone can be arsed to listen to it before I do.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I don’t agree with what people have said about Dean Gill. We are a massive club at Step 5. If we went after him and he realised he had the chance of becoming a legend at this club and reawakening a slumbering local giant, why would he turn it down? (Although he seems a strong minded individual and probably wouldn’t want a DOF telling him who his new signings are. Come to think of that, Adam Stevens probably wouldn’t either).
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Agree with the majority with adam stevens is the man for me, wanted him after harry was shown the door.

A bit of a wild card and they have recently left loughborough dynamo after there voulantry relagatiom would be tom hayes and john ramshaw.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Jon Ramshaw back 17 years after he left surely not?
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Lee K wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 3:31 pm A recent interview with Adam Stevens can be listened to here:

I’ve only just found this and won’t be able to have a listen for at least a couple of days. He may give something away about his plans or anything he may have lined up if anyone can be arsed to listen to it before I do.
Just had a listen, basically said he’s currently doing bits for other managers, looking at players, tactics, systems in both steps above and steps below, then went onto say he won’t just jump at the first job and would only take a job that right for him and his family
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 4:04 pm Jon Ramshaw back 17 years after he left surely not?
I must admit my knowledge certainly doesnt go back 17 years ago. Like i say a just throwing a wildcard into the ring.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Arrows87 wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 4:20 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 4:04 pm Jon Ramshaw back 17 years after he left surely not?
I must admit my knowledge certainly doesnt go back 17 years ago. Like i say a just throwing a wildcard into the ring.
Rammers was Phil Starbucks assistant in the 2006/7 season

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... -out-23106
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 5:15 pm

Thankyou Keith
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Arrows87 wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 5:21 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 5:15 pm

Thankyou Keith
No worries, Rammers was a good guy and excellent motivator with second to none knowledge of the non league game in the North Midlands area and has been a manager in his own right at several clubs in the Nottingham area.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I’ve spoken with Ronnie on numerous occasions, he’s a great guy!

Spoken to him not so long ago, he’s absolutely gutted.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Really???
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 6:56 pm

Really???
Just shows the arrogance of him.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 7:22 pm

Really???
He forgot to mention his unbeaten run, the bullying tactics to boucher, falling out with half the squad and coaching staff.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Well I'm glad he has gone. Not the type of person we want in charge of the club. We have to get the next appointment right, but I'm not convinced our DoF has knowledge of football at this level. We can't afford to wait to find out what league we will be in, we have to make the appointment soon so that we can start recruiting players.
:scratchhead:
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Arrows87 wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 7:41 pm
pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 7:22 pm

Really???
He forgot to mention his unbeaten run, the bullying tactics to boucher, falling out with half the squad and coaching staff.
He wasn't bullying Boucher, he was 'developing' him ;)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Whatever else he is, Paul Moore is a hilarious man.
Pitmanchester

Re: Choice of Next Manager

Post by Pitmanchester »

Lee K wrote: Mon Apr 29 2024 12:13 am
Pitmanchester wrote: Sun Apr 28 2024 9:42 pm It's a good point that getting out of Step 5 is not a given if you have money.

Bury with crowds of 3,000 have just finished 3rd in their second season in the NW Counties League. They may go up through the play offs but they've gone through several managers, a load of players and the atmosphere can be toxic there as a lot of people expect them to win every week. Macclesfield have also struggled to get the management right.

The club I'm involved with (West Didsbury & Chorlton) have an average gate bigger than Hednesford and finished 16th this year...
There is a huge difference between some of the regional divisions at Step 5. Congleton have just won the Midland League fairly comfortably at the first attempt having transferred from the NWCFL so I don’t really get your comparison at all. With a decent manager we’ll have the Midland League title wrapped up in March.
I was just trying to illustrate how being a big club with high attendances and money doesn't mean that Step 5 is a pushover. There's a degree of expectation and pressure which isn't always helpful especially when you've probably got a brand new squad.

I wasn't trying to compare the NW Counties with the Midlands League. Bit I may be if West do get moved, a nightmare for me. Who do I support?
Stuart Bowman
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

The more I think about it who is gonna want the job at a club that's had SIX managers in two years plus interference from a DOF.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
njp

Post by njp »

Carl Abbott has just been let go at Wulfrunians. He would not be my first choice but does have quite a bit of experience at step 5/4 with Evesham, gresley and Wulfrunians
:lol:
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

njp wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 8:54 am Carl Abbott has just been let go at Wulfrunians. He would not be my first choice but does have quite a bit of experience at step 5/4 with Evesham, gresley and Wulfrunians
The next manager will have a tough job. However with a magnificent stadium and facilities a guaranteed top level playing budget probably backed up with excellent medical care and player insurance and a fantastic level of support especially after the last few years of previous ownership I cannot see the problem in recruiting the right manager
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

njp wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 8:54 am Carl Abbott has just been let go at Wulfrunians. He would not be my first choice but does have quite a bit of experience at step 5/4 with Evesham, gresley and Wulfrunians
Not for me a journeyman with too much averageness.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

stonnall pitman wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 9:01 am
The next manager will have a tough job. However with a magnificent stadium and facilities a guaranteed top level playing budget probably backed up with excellent medical care and player insurance and a fantastic level of support especially after the last few years of previous ownership I cannot see the problem in recruiting the right manager
How come it didn't happen when Paul Moore was appointed then.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

The elephant in the room is the DOF role. Will he be responsible for choosing the new man, and will this person have to work with the players that have been chosen for him, so in theory a yes man (you can dress it up as much as you like but anyone will be trying to work with an arm behind their back). At this level and above it's about knowing the players and yes there would be a reliance on who the new manager has worked with before as he will know their character and also their potential weaknesses. At this early stage and track record so far the DOF hasn't got much of an idea what is needed, as it's certainly not players signed on high wages and unfit which led to injuries. A question is also raised is would the DOF of signed these players if it was his money that was being spent as I think not.

We need to scout the local area and approach players who have played and been successful at our level and the level above. They also will have to have the right temperament to play for the club as with it's great facilities and following it can be intimidating. Hopefully then this will give the club some continuity and not keep chopping and changing both players and managers.
Pitmenftw

Post by Pitmenftw »

whoever comes in they will have their work cut out. i wonder if there is the possibility of a full time manager roll after seeing some of the reported budgets for next season

this is my opinion which i was talking about over a pint or 3 last night
the next manager i think will have one maybe two seasons to get promoted or back to back promotions as in my opinion the new owners will not want to be in the 4th or 5 teir which ever it may be for too long. they will want to see return on their investment as they are business people at the end of the day. i know they have said they have the football club at heart and are aiming for the football league (see the linkedin advert) but all the fans need to bear in mind that business people (like myself) want to make money.
knowing the new owners have their fingers in a lot of pies so to speak including property development i hope i am totally wrong in saying in a couple of seasons time if things dont go to plan the fans may find ourselves back in the same situation with the club been sold for development of the land.
in my opinion the best thing the new owners could do is clarify the position with the land/club and put a 100 year covenant on the ground for footballing purposes only. i may be wrong in thinking there isnt anything like this in place at the moment?

i cant wait for next season and in some respects i would like to see it at step 5 (start from the bottom and achieve the near impossible so to speak)
i sincerely hope im wrong