Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
stonnall pitman

Re: Choice of Next Manager / Moore Gone

Post by stonnall pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 11:56 am
stonnall pitman wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 9:01 am
njp wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 8:54 am Carl Abbott has just been let go at Wulfrunians. He would not be my first choice but does have quite a bit of experience at step 5/4 with Evesham, gresley and Wulfrunians
The next manager will have a tough job. However with a magnificent stadium and facilities a guaranteed top level playing budget probably backed up with excellent medical care and player insurance and a fantastic level of support especially after the last few years of previous ownership I cannot see the problem in recruiting the right manager
How come it didn't happen when Paul Moore was appointed then.
The appointment that is to be made in what is about to be the close season is in entirely different circumstances to an 'in season' short term appointment made with a few games left and player recruitment limited too. The number and quality of applicants is likely to be significantly better given the timing and those extremely positive background points set out. The main thing now is to look forward with positivity and not dwell on the negative past.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

stonnall pitman wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 1:39 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 11:56 am
stonnall pitman wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 9:01 am
njp wrote: Tue Apr 30 2024 8:54 am Carl Abbott has just been let go at Wulfrunians. He would not be my first choice but does have quite a bit of experience at step 5/4 with Evesham, gresley and Wulfrunians
The next manager will have a tough job. However with a magnificent stadium and facilities a guaranteed top level playing budget probably backed up with excellent medical care and player insurance and a fantastic level of support especially after the last few years of previous ownership I cannot see the problem in recruiting the right manager
How come it didn't happen when Paul Moore was appointed then.
The appointment that is to be made in what is about to be the close season is in entirely different circumstances to an 'in season' short term appointment made with a few games left and player recruitment limited too. The number and quality of applicants is likely to be significantly better given the timing and those extremely positive background points set out. The main thing now is to look forward with positivity and not dwell on the negative past.
Paul Moore doesn't seem to think it was a short term appointment.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

Not really the point. The club statement said decision not to renew was made hence clearly a short term contract. What we do agree on is the need to appoint a manager with experience at level 3 or 4
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Grant Joshua is out of the equation:

In effect Coleshill and Lye have just swapped managers. So much for him having a job at Step 3 lined up. Some rumours are just bullshit :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

What’s the latest?

Anyone heard any new rumours on about who it could be
J shez

Post by J shez »

Pete1880 wrote: Wed May 08 2024 10:58 am What’s the latest?

Anyone heard any new rumours on about who it could be
I would think we are waiting for official confirmation next week as to what league/level we are in as the area could mean we have to look at different options.you would hope though we have managers ready to go when we do find out.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Lots of talk yesterday and today we have made an offer to a very good coach.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

If anyone has heard rumours I would suggest that we don't name names, as this could jeopardise things for us and alert other clubs to availability. Let's be patient.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ross wrote: Wed May 08 2024 11:33 am Lots of talk yesterday and today we have made an offer to a very good coach.
Coach as opposed to manager???
:scratchhead:
Ross

Post by Ross »

That’s why I purposely left out the name. Although we should be able to say what rumours we’ve heard this is a fans forum. And to suggest we could be responsible for a deal falling apart is a poor suggestion.

We have a dof so you’d imagine head coach would be the title.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I’ve also heard we’re closing to naming someone, could be this week 🤞
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 08 2024 12:04 pm That’s why I purposely left out the name. Although we should be able to say what rumours we’ve heard this is a fans forum. And to suggest we could be responsible for a deal falling apart is a poor suggestion.

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 08 2024 12:04 pm That’s why I purposely left out the name. Although we should be able to say what rumours we’ve heard this is a fans forum. And to suggest we could be responsible for a deal falling apart is a poor suggestion.

I don't regard it as a poor suggestion at all. Many clubs, many managers and many players read this forum as they do on other clubs sites.
You would be naive to think they don't. As the Co owner of this forum I know they do.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Ross

Post by Ross »

But to blame fans for potential deals falling through is wide of the mark. At the end of the day it’s the people involved in the deals who need to be careful who they tell not fans.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I’ve said it before that if a player or a manager decides not to sign for us because of what they read on here then they aren’t the type of people you want on your team anyway. If a bit of flak on here upsets you, you ain’t gonna slip and slide in the November rain muck and nettles at Wolves Casuals, are you?
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 08 2024 1:06 pm But to blame fans for potential deals falling through is wide of the mark. At the end of the day it’s the people involved in the deals who need to be careful who they tell not fans.
Who's blaming fans? All I was suggesting was don't reveal names in the best interests of the club. End of.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ross wrote: Wed May 08 2024 11:33 am Lots of talk yesterday and today we have made an offer to a very good coach.
I presume this is the guy who reportedly won't come if we end up in step 5 or so I've heard. If that is the case then I would have swiftly moved on to the next on the list.
Also it's gonna depend if the DOF is still there following Big Marvs appointment, I would imagine Marv would be wanting to make the decisions and having a DOF could cause unnecessary friction.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Liam McDonald just stepped down as Rushall manager 🤔
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon May 13 2024 4:18 pm Liam McDonald just stepped down as Rushall manager 🤔
Stourbridge bound I'm hearing.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

No ambition if joins them
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Both parties probably think there is more potential than had he remained at Rushall. We also know that Stourbridge's fickle fans will return in droves should they be successful (and either or both of Wolves and the Baggies not be at home on matchdays!)
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

Liam McDonald has been my choice all along. His track record is good and under his management we made some superb signings and played some great football. With a decent budget and now experience at the top level of non-league he would be a top class appointment.

To be honest I can't see why he would move from Rushall to Stourbridge, surely they have the same ceiling with regard to how far they can progress?
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think Stourbridge has slightly more potential than Rushall. He performed something of a miracle in keeping Rushall up, but I doubt that they will stay at step 2 too long
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

Maybe, but with their ground surely there's only so far they can go? I'm just hoping we've had a word in his ear!
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Well i have a vast amount of experience and will be willing to take the job on a remote/work from home basis.

Coaching level pro

Previous clubs
Manchester united, league twice and champions league once.

England i have won the euros

Hednesford i have managed to get securely to divison 1 winning the fa trophy and numerous fa cup runs

Allthough id need to be able to not save the game and turn the pc of if results didnt go my way.

Football manager 2022 GOD LOL
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP