Bootle (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Bootle (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 27 April 2024 .. kick-off 15.00hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices: (I think! :mrgreen: )
£6 Adults
£3 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£1 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

MATCH SPONSORS : HTFCSA
(no website available)

MATCH BALL SPONSORS: SOS BARBER SHOP
http://www.sosbarbershop.co.uk/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Bootle (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Glyn wrote: Thu Apr 25 2024 1:54 pm
I'd like to nominate Paul Moore for manager of the century. :lol:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Town Crier

Post by Town Crier »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Apr 25 2024 3:33 pm I'd like to nominate Paul Moore for manager of the century. :lol:
DING_DONG!

dig a-ling
Del

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

All over chaps even if we win . Welcome to the Midland League.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN(0) 0 - 1 (0)BOOTLE

(yellowcards) : Morley, Farmer, McQuilkin

Official (crows) : 752

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Today was reminiscent of so many games this season. Other than Verma hitting a post we created next to nothing. Jervis put a header over near the end when he should have hit the target. We faded as the game went on and had Brown to thank for 3 or 4 fine saves. We gave a soft goal away, not sure whether Brown could have done better, but after that we huffed and puffed and made virtually no headway.
Farmer had a good first half, I'd keep him and Griff was very good again at the back. My MoM and also player. of the season. Mr Consistency.

Vermas seemed to hoover up all the end of season awards. He is excellent on his day, but there haven't been too many lately and I would liked to have seen Griff get an award.
:scratchhead:
J shez

Post by J shez »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Apr 27 2024 7:12 pm Today was reminiscent of so many games this season. Other than Verma hitting a post we created next to nothing. Jervis put a header over near the end when he should have hit the target. We faded as the game went on and had Brown to thank for 3 or 4 fine saves. We gave a soft goal away, not sure whether Brown could have done better, but after that we huffed and puffed and made virtually no headway.
Farmer had a good first half, I'd keep him and Griff was very good again at the back. My MoM and also player. of the season. Mr Consistency.

Vermas seemed to hoover up all the end of season awards. He is excellent on his day, but there haven't been too many lately and I would liked to have seen Griff get an award.
Away this weekend so didn't make today but,and by the sounds of it he didn't,I'm surprised griff didn't win player of the year.verma has produced alot of good moments ,most before christmas but as good as he is,he is like most wingers and alot of games,in particular the last couple of months he hasnt delivered alot,i do understand he has been playing injured.griff has been stand out all season and I dread to think where an already poor defence would have been without him.im expecting verma to go in the summer and griff is one of only a few I'd want to see stay next season.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Looking forward to next season, 12 local derbies within 20 miles, FA Vase, FA Cup before the league season has started and sin bins😄
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Did anyone stay around to find out who won all the awards?

The problem with player of the season is that the manager and most of the current players have only seen a small number of the games. And most of the fans only go to the home games so they only see 50% of them too. For those that have been to all or most of the games like myself, Perton and j shez, and those that stand with me, Sam Griffiths was our best player taking everything into account.

It’s disappointing that the club hasn’t announced the exit of Paul Moore yet. Or maybe that’s why there’s been no interview with Dan because he’s clearing his desk. Top choice for me is Dean Gill from Darlaston.

We have Rowe and Endall signed up already. The only other players I would like to keep are Brown, Verma and Griffiths. Michael Williams also had a decent season but he’s too old if we’re thinking about getting and keeping settled squad together which is what wins titles. We probably won’t be able to keep Brown or Verma so it may just be Griffiths. He played in the Midland League with Shifnal last season so he doesn’t see it beneath him. It’s time embrace our surroundings and think of the positives so at least we’ll have some (more) new grounds and clubhouses to visit, new cups to play in (FA Vase, Midland League Cup, JW Hunt Cup even?), spend less time travelling and (hopefully) spend more time looking at the top half of the table instead of the bottom. UTFP!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Thanks Dan
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Hear hear, thanks as always Dan.

Hope you have a lot more wins to film next season.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Inside Keys Park