Season Changing Results

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
pitmanpipe

Season Changing Results

Post by pitmanpipe »

So, with out fate sealed more or less, what results do we think could of changed our season.

After the win away at Bottle I really thought we would kick on.

I then look at some results and think if we would of gotten a point/3 points then we obviously wouldn't be in this mess. The results that stand out for me are :

Trafford Away - Missed penalty and the 1 on 1 miss by Niven.

Kidsgrove Away - Under the cosh for all of the 2nd half but then Demetri Brown went through in the last minute and put wide

Chasetown Away - I still believe we should of been awarded a goal in the final minutes when the ref said the ball never crossed the line

Hanley Away - No stand out moment in the game but if we would of gone on to win this very winnable game then would of given us the confidence to string a set of results together.

Mossley Home - I think the disappointment of the Hanley game rolled over into another very winnable home game. 6 points out of this and Hanley would of set us up really well.

Vauxhall Home - Once again, no outstanding game moment but a game we should of won on paper, despite being very lucky to come away with a point. Another part of the season where if we got 3 points, we would of scrapped out the bottom 2.
Lee K

Re: Season Changing Results

Post by Lee K »

I’ll add some from Danny Glover’s time in charge which you may have forgot about.

Trafford home - first game of the season - they were down to 10 men for the last half an hour and we couldn’t get a winner.

Hanley home - there were 3 goals in the game, we scored them all, and still lost 2-1.

Witton away - we are 2-0 down, we pull it back 2-2 and have all the momentum. Then the ref sends off Desean Martin for what appeared to be very little, all momentum is lost and we lose 3-2.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Bloody hell rectify all those results and we're in the play offs :-D.
Or if the horse hadn't stopped to s*** he'd have won the race.
We are where we are because of the results we've had, we're not in a false position.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

Runcorn away when the manager threw Boucher under the bus.

If he hadn’t done that Boucher would still be here
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 3:19 pm Bloody hell rectify all those results and we're in the play offs :-D.
We are where we are because of the results we've had, we're not in a false position.
Bloody hell, bet you’re fun at Parties Keith
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

Easy to say the missed penalty away at Trafford, but the game for me was Hanley away. We'd been on a decent run and playing on the Friday we had a chance to go ahead of Trafford (I think) and taking 3 points would have put real pressure on them for the Saturday. As it was we were awful and deserved to lose.

Walking out the ground that night was the first time I really thought relegation was coming...
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Rambling Syd wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 5:20 pm Easy to say the missed penalty away at Trafford, but the game for me was Hanley away. We'd been on a decent run and playing on the Friday we had a chance to go ahead of Trafford (I think) and taking 3 points would have put real pressure on them for the Saturday. As it was we were awful and deserved to lose.

Walking out the ground that night was the first time I really thought relegation was coming...
I would agree Syd, and I think it was the first time the fans started to turn on the team, was a lot of dialogue between the team and fans after the whistle.

The performance that night was truly awful and I think that was the true turning point where after that, I don’t think anyone believed, including the team themselves that we could get out the mess we were in.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

You can categorise this into two sections:-
1) Writing on the wall - the away game at Hanley. We defended badly throughout, but dominated for a long spell at 2-1 down. I think that night everyone lost belief.
2) Points thrown away. Hanley at home - we scored two own goals , the second being deep in injury time. A point lost against a desperately poor opponent. More recently , conceding a 96th minute goal at Nantwich to see another point slip from our grasp. This followed a cheaply conceded corner and Jervis losing his man in the box (for the second time that game).

A feature of the early part of the season was conceding late, crucial goals and a lack of discipline resulting in sending-offs
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 4:57 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 3:19 pm Bloody hell rectify all those results and we're in the play offs :-D.
Bloody hell, bet you’re fun at Parties Keith
Just honest and to the point mate, say it how I see it.
Come to think of it I don't get invited to parties, but then again at my age most invites are to funerals :lol:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Jduddy37

Post by Jduddy37 »

Wasn't there a 15 game period where we didn't win a game? I think that did significant damage to our league position. It is gutting when you think we aren't far away from Trafford, so the points dropped directly against them were crucial
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 7:10 pm You can categorise this into two sections:-
1) Writing on the wall - the away game at Hanley. We defended badly throughout, but dominated for a long spell at 2-1 down. I think that night everyone lost belief.
2) Points thrown away. Hanley at home - we scored two own goals , the second being deep in injury time. A point lost against a desperately poor opponent. We battered Northwich at home, hitting the woodwork a few times and playing the last few minutes against 10 men, but couldn't get the crucial win we needed. More recently , conceding a 96th minute goal at Nantwich to see another point slip from our grasp. This followed a cheaply conceded corner and Jervis losing his man in the box (for the second time that game).

A feature of the early part of the season was conceding late, crucial goals and a lack of discipline resulting in sending-offs
:scratchhead: