What would you like to see for next season

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Pete1880

What would you like to see for next season

Post by Pete1880 »

What do you want to see for next season?

This can include on and off the pitch
PitmanKeith

Re: What would you like to see for next season

Post by PitmanKeith »

1. A team that competes

2. Local players who know what it means to play for Hednesford

3. A local manager who respects what the club is about and has had reasonable success at Step 3 or 4.

4. Fans being able to comment on social media channels (I still find it an absolute disgrace that this was taken away from us).

5. Owners to be careful about how they spend their money, it doesn't have to be big to succeed, look at some of the clubs around us they seem to manage. We don't want to come to be known as "big time charlies".

6. Club and fans to be closer together and trust each other, a true community spirit.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

If we are in step 5 then we need to get promoted back to step 4 ASAP. That has to be the single most important objective for next season. We need a manager and a set of players that will deliver that with an eye on pushing for play-offs at step 4 in the following season. No need to break the bank.

Work on the pitch so that it drains better. Our ground staff are very competent , they just need a bit of backing.

I'd also like to see the price of season tickets reasonably discounted, so that you get a 25% saving at least against what you'd pay to attend every home game.

Off the field the Gwillts have done all that we can ask of them. I won't comment on social media as it isn't a thing for me so I'll leave that to others.
:scratchhead:
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

1. A more locally based team that is playing for the club and not the money. No more "has" been's who are coming for the money. Players who are at least fit to play.

2. A manager (not the existing one please) who can build a team for the coming seasons and not have a revolving door policy. Someone who has some success.

3. The DOF or what ever the title is be a person that understands what Hednesford FC stands for.

4. If the Gwilts need advice from outside sources make sure they are not being ripped off in doing so. I hope they get it going in the right direction and get some success as will always be grateful that they have stepped in and saved the club.

5. The commercial side of things must be built on again to help maintain the club so it's not all coming out of the owners pockets.

6. Make Keys park a fortress once more where teams fear to come and not look forward to playing there, having a good home record will keep the attendance up.

7. Social media etc, needs to be available from both fan side and club side. Yes understand some negative comments are not what the club want to see, however, these comments are I would say are only made because people care what is happening to the club. Communication from the club will need to be better with more regular updates and updated web site etc. One good start has been the re introduction of Dan, please keep this going.
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

Off the pitch, I don't think the new owners have really put a foot wrong, having come in at a difficult time. I can even understand the removal of ability to comment on the club's official social media. We have seen in the past that these channels can get hijacked by inappropriate and abusive posts which do nothing for the club's image and we are told impact on signings etc. There are many on-line forums where we can all have our say, so I don't think anything has been lost. Surely this is a commonplace set up at higher level clubs?

On the pitch, it clearly hasn't gone well. Changes made (probably at great expense) haven't improved matters since Christmas as the stats show. My perception however, is that these measures were a final throw of the dice given the limited time remaining in the season.

The new era really starts next Saturday at 5pm and moving forward, I think initially expectation management will be the key. Being the big name in a new league is no guarantee of promotion and I feel this should be made abundantly clear both in publicity and in new signings. Bringing in 'names' and trumpeting great investment etc just sets us up for a fall. Better to make it a slow burn but with ambitions (perhaps trying to recruit no more than the best of our level as Rob Smith did in the close season prior to promotion to the Conference North) and respect where we find ourselves, after all in non-league football there's always someone willing to spend an extra pound.

Personally I'm delighted we now have a club on a firm footing and given the mess of the last 4 or 5 years the least the new owners deserve is our patience and support.
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

Thank Paul Moore for what he has done he has tried to steady a ship that has been in sinking mode for a while but results have not gone our way or his so a managerial change is high on my priority list.

I also think we need a change in personnel on the field. I’d keep Brown, Verma and Jervis as a priority and also Rowe and Endall. I think we have lacked cohesion all season so a settled starting XI and a squad of around 18 but forwards would like to see 2 of Daniel Smith, Harry Crook, Jake Avery and Ryan Harkin.

I think an experienced leader captain (Elliot Durrell) would be great. If we are paying good wages next season let’s sign quality players and proven at step 5 I’m sure some players from Step 4 Midlands league would make the move to us to play in front of crowds 600 plus.

Amanda and Craig thanks for saving our club.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Billy kee wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 1:29 pm Thank Paul Moore for what he has done he has tried to steady a ship that has been in sinking mode for a while but results have not gone our way or his so a managerial change is high on my priority list.

I also think we need a change in personnel on the field. I’d keep Brown, Verma and Jervis as a priority and also Rowe and Endall. I think we have lacked cohesion all season so a settled starting XI and a squad of around 18 but forwards would like to see 2 of Daniel Smith, Harry Crook, Jake Avery and Ryan Harkin.

I think an experienced leader captain (Elliot Durrell) would be great. If we are paying good wages next season let’s sign quality players and proven at step 5 I’m sure some players from Step 4 Midlands league would make the move to us to play in front of crowds 600 plus.

Amanda and Craig thanks for saving our club.
Good shout on those players. I know of three of the four players you've mentioned. Harkin has scored goals for fun in the MFL over the last 8 or 9 years for Highgate Utd, Coventry Sphinx and Copsewood. Over 200 at that level now I think. Jack Avery good player with plenty of experience at a higher level, never seems to hang around anywhere very long though. Crook is a tricky player at Dudley and has had a couple of games for us on dual reg.
Not sure which Daniel Smith you refer to as there are a few around.
Elliott Durrell is a great shout for me you might have to pay him a full time wage to get him but it appears we can afford that. I'd make him club captain as he has great leadership qualities and his winning mentality would rub off on others. He may be a little injury prone at times but I am convinced we could get enough games out of him to make the difference. Plus he does have a huge soft spot for the club.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Selling home/away shirts in the club shop like we used to rather than having to get them online.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

Pointless writing anything because nobody listens anyway!! :doh:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Lee K wrote: Mon Apr 22 2024 2:57 pm Selling home/away shirts in the club shop like we used to rather than having to get them online.
I’d also like a bigger variety of merchandise.

Training shirts, hoody’s, bench coats.

Also, on the players retaining list, for me I would add Lewis Farmer to that. I think he’s showed enough quality at step 4 in a disappointing team to be a real menace at step 5. Whether he wants to go back dow a level though, who knows