Clitheroe (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
bix_the_dog

Re: Clitheroe (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by bix_the_dog »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 21 2024 6:15 am Harry Harris 17 games 17 points. PPG 1.000

Paul Moore 9 games 9 points
PPG 1.000

Well that worked well didn't it.
What about their predecessors?
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

bix_the_dog wrote: Sun Apr 21 2024 9:30 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Apr 21 2024 6:15 am Harry Harris 17 games 17 points. PPG 1.000

PPG 1.000

Danny Glover shouldn’t count because he had a 50p budget.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I couldn’t understand why Jack Kelly played centre half when my opinion before the game started is that it should have been Tom Thorley. Having now seen the highlights we absolutely know that Kelly will never be a centre back after that shocking performance. He’s not been very good at defending all season so I’m baffled as to why he was the manager’s pick for the position. Does anyone know why Michael Williams wasn’t there?
It’s also clear to see that Jacob Gwilt will never be a Step 4 footballer. Second to everything and they went past him as though he wasn’t even there. Adriano Moke, just like Ahmed Ali before him, flattered to deceive with a good performance followed by a load of dross.
It is absolutely clear that Paul Moore needs to be dispensed with as soon as the Bootle game is over and if we end up in the Midland League we should go all out for Dean Gill from Darlaston Town or, as a second choice, Matty Lovatt from Dudley Town to get us out of it.
As for the playing squad, we’ve got Rowe and Endall signed up already (I wouldn’t have kept Endall but it’s done now) and I’d probably try and keep Ryan Brown, Sam Griffiths and Jai Verma and the rest can follow Moore out of the door.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

did hear rumours of a 5mil budget next season
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Moor and Williams have fell out with each other
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

bix_the_dog wrote: Sun Apr 21 2024 9:30 am

PPG 1.000

Criticism of Glover is appalling in my opinion. I don't know who was there that night last July in Stourport but I was. We had loads of blokes playing for us who clearly hadn't played semi-pro football and weren't likely to. We started the season with a step 5 side - Kelly, Griffiths, Crane , Mardenborough, Dixon et al all played step 5 the season before. I don't know what people were expecting, but Glover at least got a side out on the pitch.
If you look at the season as a whole, our goose was cooked by Graham and Ade at the end of last season.

There were rumours around why Gary Hart didn't take us on and once again we have to look at our out-going owners. That is where the rot started.

Nearly everyone wanted Glover gone, but even if he had got the 1 point per game that Harris and Moore achieved we would still be ending up in the bottom two.

I was dead against Harris being sacked and even more so against the appointment of Moore.

I do not for one minute blame the gwillts. Unlike Graham and Ade they have sought out expert opinion and it is these experts that have landed us in this hole with the signing of players who had played little football and consequently weren't fit enough. The appointment of Moore saw him bring players from a failing Newcastle team with him and he fell out with Boucher and McGrath to add to that.

As a consequence the squad is lop-sided. Yes, we've had injuries, but Moore doesn't appear to have a plan and this has resulted in some players being in the XI who should be nowhere near it, square pegs in round holes and an absence of fight and a willingness to get hands dirty (Jervis defending on corners at Nantwich and against Avro being a case in point).

Moore is right - the damage was done ages ago, but he is one of the outcomes of that.

Finally - the season ends at 4.50 next Saturday. We have a chance via PPG and if the players don't give 100% against Bootle then they deserve to get **** off the fans. I don't want to be playing in the FA Vase or struggling to find somewhere to park when we play at Wolverhampton Casuals, or playing 6 games in the final 10 days of the season because clubs play on mud heaps. It isn't over yet.
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

sheriff wrote: Sun Apr 21 2024 10:18 am Moor and Williams have fell out with each other
...fancy that!
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

I hope nobody thought I was criticising Danny, I was genuinely interested in their stats to see if any of the upheaval was worth it at all.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

First 12 games this year 6 points. He was in charge at the back end of last season too and did relatively well after Graham and Ade cut the budget significantly.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Well, I have only one deeply insightful comment to make after watching the highlights... (thanks Dan as always, and for saying it as it is in your post-match interview)..

How on earth did the ref allow our keeper to wear all blue?!

(I watched a game between Dudley Sports and AFC Bridgnorth about 3 years ago and even at that lowly level the ref point blank refused to let play start until the keeper had found a different top...)

I could comment on the defending as well but it's best I don't...
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
njp

Post by njp »

I cannot think of a more hated manager in all of my time watching HTFC. Smarmy arrogant bloke in my opinion. I said to a few people that despite the abuse thrown at him in the game he will still come over because his ego won’t allow him not to. At which point it started to kick off and instead of walking away he played up to it like the unprofessional clown he is. In terms of a match review we had 2 decent shots in the first half with JJ converting one with a lovely goal, the defence was shaky with only grif as a recognised CB, a LB playing at CB and 2 midfielders at fullback. From then on they were all over us and we looked like a beaten, relegated team with no ideas. I cannot see us winning next week and all of the other teams doing us a favour but if we do I hope it is without Moore in the dugout.
:lol:
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Pitmen Travel