Clitheroe (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Clitheroe (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 20 April 2024 - kick-off time: 3:00pm
Venue: Shawbridge, Pendle Road, Clitheroe, Lancashire BB7 1LZ
Link to opponents official website: https://https://www.clitheroefc.co.uk/

Admission prices:
£9 Adults
£6 Concessions
£4 14s-17s
£2 U14s (free if accompanied by an adult)

Another 'must-win six pointer' :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Clitheroe (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Del

Post by Del »

Big (crows) expected!!

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Bringing in all those "experienced" players and well qualified coach worked well then.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

CLITHEROE(2) 3 - 1 (1)PITMEN

Scorers : Jervis(14mins)

(yellowcard) : Jervis

Official (crows) : 956

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Didn't go today, but the squad had a threadbare look to it. Next week we have to win and it is probably the club's most important game for around a decade.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The Club appear to think we are down anyway..

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Glyn wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 5:15 pm The Club appear to think we are down anyway..

We have been relegated as it stands. Any reprieve will come at the end of the season.

I might do a review later if I can be bothered but it was a lovely, charming ground and the meat and potato pie, chips and gravy was good too.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 5:12 pm Didn't go today, but the squad had a threadbare look to it. Next week we have to win and it is probably the club's most important game for around a decade.
I don't know about a decade mate I would say EVER. If we do win next week and other results still take a reprieve away from us Step 5 will be the lowest this club has ever played at in its entire history.
The club has been badly run and taking advice from the wrong people for a decade now. When I think back to 10 years ago and promotion to the National North and 25 years ago and the game against Middlesborough along with 6 seasons of National League membership it's just inconceivable and unforgivable that the club has been dragged down to this.
I'm not blaming the Gwilts, incase any one thinks I am, they have hardly had time to get their feet under the table and I am sure they will be able to rise this phoenix from the ashes again. All I ask is think very carefully who you are taking your advice from as it isn't working currently.
Long live the Pitmen :scarf:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Constantly refreshing my twitter to see if he has been sacked yet. :lol:

Hopeully the reprieve comes through but im not holding ny breath.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Del

Post by Del »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 5:56 pm
I don't know about a decade mate I would say EVER. If we do win next week and other results still take a reprieve away from us Step 5 will be the lowest this club has ever played at in its entire history.
The club has been badly run and taking advice from the wrong people for a decade now. When I think back to 10 years ago and promotion to the National North and 25 years ago and the game against Middlesborough along with 6 seasons of National League membership it's just inconceivable and unforgivable that the club has been dragged down to this.
I'm not blaming the Gwilts, incase any one thinks I am, they have hardly had time to get their feet under the table and I am sure they will be able to rise this phoenix from the ashes again. All I ask is think very carefully who you are taking your advice from as it isn't working currently.
Do you mean next week is a SIX pointer?? :twitter:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 5:12 pm Didn't go today, but the squad had a threadbare look to it. Next week we have to win and it is probably the club's most important game for around a decade.
The Middleborough cup run was what got me interested in The Pitmen, and I've supported them since then, when I was at school.

Back then I considered 'lowly' Newcastle Town my second team, so recent times have been a bit of an experience...

I went to Alleynes school, so if we end up playing Stone Old Alleynians next season then I'm just going to have to hit the beer even harder.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Del wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 7:06 pm
Do you mean next week is a SIX pointer?? :twitter:
No it's a relegation wake
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

post-match interview

Wimblebury Wanderer

Post by Wimblebury Wanderer »

Clueless… no improvement on Harris in fact a downtown form, brought in his “lieutenant's”from previous clubs that weren’t good enough then and absolutely not good enough for HTFC… needs a massive reset
Steve_W

Post by Steve_W »

Well he obviously seems to think he has done a great job and everything is someone elses fault.

Was nice to chat to TerryB at Rushalls game today that confirmed they stay at Step 2 for next season which is an incredible achievement given the lack of resources, infrastructure and wage budget that Rushall have worked with this season.

There are posts about the Gwilts not knowing anything about running a football club apparently, I don't know if that is true. I think they should maybe reach out to people like Johnny Allen and others rather than rely on the advice they are getting now as that clearly is xxxx
Wimblebury Wanderer

The Gwilts are an absolute saviour to the club however, it is a steep learning curve for them, I have no doubt that they will get it right but after the years of mismanagement, it’s going to take a while, there is a few players there were attracted to the money and not the task in hand and if, as it seems, they need to, get through what is another tough league next, that’s where the rebuild starts
Wimblebury Wanderer

Wimblebury Wanderer wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 11:10 pm The Gwilts are an absolute saviour to the club however, it is a steep learning curve for them, I have no doubt that they will get it right but after the years of mismanagement, it’s going to take a while, there is a few players there that were attracted to the money and not the task in hand and if, as it seems, they need to, get through what is another tough league next season, that’s where the rebuild starts
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

TMVP wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 9:28 pm post-match interview

So you think it's not your fault that we have been relegated?
You think it's everyone else's record before you.
You were brought in to do a specific job, given the resources to do it and you have won 2 games out of 9. You have failed miserably accept and admit it.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Harry Harris 17 games 17 points. PPG 1.000

Paul Moore 9 games 9 points
PPG 1.000

Well that worked well didn't it.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

yes and he had some right stick off the supporters when he came over to us and rightly so he's full of bull shit
last game for me today so good riddance Mr Moore
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

take a good luck who yo will be playing next season
https://fulltime.thefa.com/table.html?l ... _627057587
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights