Avro (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
PitmanKeith

Re: Avro (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Apr 14 2024 9:06 am Rob & Larry aren’t the answer. Are we saying they wouldn’t leave us this time (for what would be the third time) because they’ll probably have a big budget. That ain’t love.
You don't know them as well as I do, there were reasons at the club they left before and I know them you don't.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

akb junior wrote: Sun Apr 14 2024 7:42 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Apr 13 2024 6:57 pm Get Rob and Larry out of retirement, they love this club they'd walk here.
If memory serves me correctly they left us twice previously didn’t they to go back to Telford and to Halesowen? Some will say there were justified reasons for them leaving us in the lurch twice, but if they loved the club so much they wouldn’t have done this in my opinion.

We need to look forward instead of back. I stand by my previous statement when I say that we need to get people in who are currently involved in the game and know how non-league works now, which isn’t the same as it was 10-20 years ago.
You keep telling us it's like a different game to what it was 20 years I'd love you to explain how.
The top level professional game certainly is but at our level it no different in my opinion and I've studied the non league game for 50 years.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Scott

Post by Scott »

There is no doubt that the most successful managerial period in the last 20 years was under the guidance of Rob and Larry (ably assisted by Brinner and Wynner). As Keith says, there were reasons for them leaving before.

I have personally had contact from them both Rob and Larry in the last year and after speaking with them again recently I know they are very keen to return to help out a club that means a lot to them. So much so they'd probably do it for nothing/expenses if they were just asked!

On the highlights front, they continue to be very much appreciated by a fan down here in exile. Judging by the goals it seems that Moore's assessment of Avro's aerial game was spot on, just a shame that we couldn't combat that defensively. Not good viewing.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

we will be officially relegated next week end
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Every level of the game has evolved over the years and will continue to do so. Without digging into it too deeply, you just have to look at the amount of full time teams there are at step 1 these days. This is far more than there were say 10 years ago. Changes at the very top of the game will naturally drive change further down the pyramid.

Regarding Rob and Larry, in my opinion, which is what I have always seen football as, a game of opinions, they are not the correct choice. I couldn’t give a toss how well people know them personally, the next manager should be someone with success more recently, again in my opinion. I know there were reasons for Rob and Larry leaving previously, which I admittedly don’t know the full details of. However, who’s to say there won’t be new ‘reasons’ if they were to come back and then got a better offer elsewhere this time around.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

sheriff wrote: Sun Apr 14 2024 11:54 am we will be officially relegated next week end
If you mean PPG then it will go to the last game. 1 win will see us get to 35 points which will be enough to see us finish second in the PPG league.
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

the new owners need some proper guidance for next season
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

It's difficult to feel very optimistic at the moment. If we get relegated, obviously that's bad, but if we stay up, a risk of more of the same next year?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

bix_the_dog wrote: Sun Apr 14 2024 8:49 pm It's difficult to feel very optimistic at the moment. If we get relegated, obviously that's bad, but if we stay up, a risk of more of the same next year?
I fear it will be if they carry on with the same manager, his record is no better than Harry Harris with more players at his disposal - fact.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Inside Keys Park