Chasetown (A) .. Walsall Senior Cup semi-final

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
akb junior

Re: Chasetown (A) .. Walsall Senior Cup semi-final

Post by akb junior »

Would the General Manager have the level of knowledge to advise on footballing matters. EG managerial appointments.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

akb junior wrote: Thu Apr 11 2024 10:56 am Would the General Manager have the level of knowledge to advise on footballing matters. EG managerial appointments.
Yes, and as I said previously the man mentioned is ideal. I stood on the clubs management committee 15 to 20 years ago alongside him and his knowledge of the game is vast.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

What about giving Harris another shot, but with the benefit of a decent preseason to build a team and without the funding brakes firmly on?

I can think of two words he's probably use, but his previous successes can't be a fluke?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

bix_the_dog wrote: Thu Apr 11 2024 12:49 pm What about giving Harris another shot, but with the benefit of a decent preseason to build a team and without the funding brakes firmly on?

I can think of two words he's probably use, but his previous successes can't be a fluke?
Not gonna happen is it.

But in all honesty I don't think we'd have been any worse off by not sacking him. If we did go down he would have been the best guy then for step 5.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

Ross wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 4:24 pm Saying we should go for managers like Liam McDonald and Paul Holleran is laughable.

Yes we might get a reprieve but as it stands we are set to relegated to step 5.

We might have new owners but the clubs reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and it will take time to rebuild this.

Managers at this level aren’t used to just being a coach and having a dof call the shots. So the options available to us will be limited.

Like it or not we’re not an attractive proposition at the moment.
Why is it laughable ? It's called ambition if you can't attract a manager from that level how do expect to attract the players from same level. Holleran why not at least make contact he may fancy another project with finances to back it up same with McDonald. Would be different without our new owners agreed but it would be a statement of intent if we did get any of those 2.

Agreed the elephant in the room will be the level of influence the DOF will have as any manager worth his salt will not come to us at our level and work within that set up.
A manager with a winning track record will be required, not a fire fighter.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I’ve heard the DOF will be made a football executive director at the club, if that changes his DOF I’m unsure
Ross

Post by Ross »

Oilman wrote: Thu Apr 11 2024 2:54 pm
Ross wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 4:24 pm Saying we should go for managers like Liam McDonald and Paul Holleran is laughable.

Yes we might get a reprieve but as it stands we are set to relegated to step 5.

We might have new owners but the clubs reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and it will take time to rebuild this.

Managers at this level aren’t used to just being a coach and having a dof call the shots. So the options available to us will be limited.

Like it or not we’re not an attractive proposition at the moment.
Why is it laughable ? It's called ambition if you can't attract a manager from that level how do expect to attract the players from same level. Holleran why not at least make contact he may fancy another project with finances to back it up same with McDonald. Would be different without our new owners agreed but it would be a statement of intent if we did get any of those 2.

Agreed the elephant in the room will be the level of influence the DOF will have as any manager worth his salt will not come to us at our level and work within that set up.
A manager with a winning track record will be required, not a fire fighter.

Why would a manager drop potentially 3 leagues to a club that has been a mess for years? It’s like asking a championship manager to leave for a conference team.

We won’t get players from that level either. We aren’t a big non league club anymore we’re a mess right now.

Yes there will be big ambitions with the new owners but it’s going to take time and require a proper strategy