Chasetown (A) .. Walsall Senior Cup semi-final

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Chasetown (A) .. Walsall Senior Cup semi-final

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 09 April 2024 - kick-off time: 19:45pm
Venue: The Scholars Ground, Church Street, Chasetown, Staffordshire WS7 3QL
Link to opponents official website: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chasetown

Admission Prices:
£5 Adults
£2 Concessions
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Chasetown (A) .. Walsall Senior Cup semi-final

Post by PitmanKeith »

It's a wet old day let's hope their 3g pitch stands up to the deluge.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
J shez

Post by J shez »

Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

Is that car park right at the end of the road by the ground still open?

Any help much appreciated
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Pete1880 wrote: Tue Apr 09 2024 3:07 pm Is that car park right at the end of the road by the ground still open?

Any help much appreciated
It was when we played them on 1st January so I assume so.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Full Time Chasetown 3-2 Hednesford
(crows) 1287

Chasetown: Chimenes.;Langston, 2:
Hednesford: Berks (pen);Bailey:

(yellowcard) Williams (Hednesford)
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Cash to spend and great new owners and we still can't win a game of football.
League wise it's gonna be down to a reprieve I think but if we've got this guy running the show next season wherever we are, God help us.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

post-match interview
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

TMVP wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 8:25 am post-match interview
Stop blaming the players, you pick the team and set the tactics - not a clue sorry.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 8:36 am
TMVP wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 8:25 am post-match interview
Stop blaming the players, you pick the team and set the tactics - not a clue sorry.
We lost the game because of poor decision making from the players for their two goals.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Having two strikers on big money who can’t be available for matches is a joke.

I would rather be in the league below with a group of players who want to play rather than have “has beens” who don’t care and are here for a pay day.

Some of our players are on 3x the wages than the highest earners at chasetown but it seems yet again we lose because we have a group of players who just don’t care enough.

It seems right now the only strategy the new owners have is throw money at it and hope for the best. Let’s hope they have a better strategy for next season because it’s not working.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Pitmen Travel

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ross wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 9:42 am Having two strikers on big money who can’t be available for matches is a joke.

I would rather be in the league below with a group of players who want to play rather than have “has beens” who don’t care and are here for a pay day.

Some of our players are on 3x the wages than the highest earners at chasetown but it seems yet again we lose because we have a group of players who just don’t care enough.

It seems right now the only strategy the new owners have is throw money at it and hope for the best. Let’s hope they have a better strategy for next season because it’s not working.
We are stuck with this squad until the end of the season and have been for the last couple of games. The Sporting Director decided to bring big names in. Jervis is doing well, Rowe impressed but is crocked (can't be helped) and the others simply aren't fit enough to come straight in and help us. The panic button was hit with the sacking of Harris, the new manager came in and the likes of Boucher were alienated enough to leave as soon as they could. At least we have no games on artificial surfaces and none in midweek so we should have better availability for the last couple of weeks. We have to accept that at this level players have jobs / education / holidays and this will mean that they can't always be available.
Next season we want experienced , hungry established non-league players. We should try to keep Verma, but after that we need to be looking around step 4 and 3 to see who the better players are in an effort to entice them to come here.
We have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that we can eek out 3 points from the remaining games. That should be enough to see us finish second in the PPG league
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 10:56 am
Ross wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 9:42 am Having two strikers on big money who can’t be available for matches is a joke.

We are stuck with this squad until the end of the season and have been for the last couple of games. The Sporting Director decided to bring big names in. Jervis is doing well, Rowe impressed but is crocked (can't be helped) and the others simply aren't fit enough to come straight in and help us. The panic button was hit with the sacking of Harris, the new manager came in and the likes of Boucher were alienated enough to leave as soon as they could. At least we have no games on artificial surfaces and none in midweek so we should have better availability for the last couple of weeks. We have to accept that at this level players have jobs / education / holidays and this will mean that they can't always be available.
Next season we want experienced , hungry established non-league players. We should try to keep Verma, but after that we need to be looking around step 4 and 3 to see who the better players are in an effort to entice them to come here.
We have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that we can eek out 3 points from the remaining games. That should be enough to see us finish second in the PPG league
Spot on PP, but nobody will convince me of Mr Moores credentials to bring the success we require next season. We cannot afford to become trapped at this level and a successful localish min step 3 manager with good contacts (stuff the DOF waste of money at step 4) is badly needed. If we have the clout they can be sourced.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Oilman

Post by Oilman »

Totally agree with PP and Pitman Keith in their posts. We need a manager who knows what success looks like and as achieved this without being lavish with spending on has beens coming to the end of their career. With this in mind I pay what ever it takes to get Paul Holleran here to take us forward. If that's a no go then try for Liam McDonald. As also stated we don't need a DOF at this level and the associated costs involved, especially one that probably doesn't know or understand HTFC History. Why I question this is due to the fact that would the DOF sign certain players at the reported salary if it was coming out of his own pocket and not our great new owners Craig & Amanda Gwilt I think not. Just need to get this season out of the way asap and then start on a blank page. The footings are in place now with great owners and a building up of the commercial side thanks to the work of Terry Brumpton etc (something that should never been neglected under previous ownerships)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Oilman wrote: Wed Apr 10 2024 1:23 pm Totally agree with PP and Pitman Keith in their posts. We need a manager who knows what success looks like and as achieved this without being lavish with spending on has beens coming to the end of their career. With this in mind I pay what ever it takes to get Paul Holleran here to take us forward. If that's a no go then try for Liam McDonald. As also stated we don't need a DOF at this level and the associated costs involved, especially one that probably doesn't know or understand HTFC History. Why I question this is due to the fact that would the DOF sign certain players at the reported salary if it was coming out of his own pocket and not our great new owners Craig & Amanda Gwilt I think not. Just need to get this season out of the way asap and then start on a blank page. The footings are in place now with great owners and a building up of the commercial side thanks to the work of Terry Brumpton etc (something that should never been neglected under previous ownerships)
Matt Clarke at Redditch might be a good shout also
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

All 3 managers have played against chasetown this season and only one managed to loose.

Was great to see joe thompson and jai verma in the crowd last night aswell as blaine rowe and callum mendez jones was in the crowd too but in chastetown colours of course.

I thought griffths was probably the best player on the pitch last night and williams made some brilliant saves.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Ross

Post by Ross »

Saying we should go for managers like Liam McDonald and Paul Holleran is laughable.

Yes we might get a reprieve but as it stands we are set to relegated to step 5.

We might have new owners but the clubs reputation has been severely damaged over the last few years and it will take time to rebuild this.

Managers at this level aren’t used to just being a coach and having a dof call the shots. So the options available to us will be limited.

Like it or not we’re not an attractive proposition at the moment.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I would agree with Ross, people moan about overspending on the player side/budget and chucking money at it, but how much do people think it would cost :

Liam McDonald to leave Rushall - National League North team that looks like they're nearly safe for another year, why would he want to leave apart from money?

Paul Holleran to leave Leamington - A manager that's part of the furniture there and has managed in over 700 games for them, he's happy and settled, surely only a big money offer would tempt him, if at all?

I would say neither of these would come cheap, if at all.

Adam Stevens and Paul Smith on the other hand are still without clubs (although Paul Smith might be involved still at Halesowen) and might be obtainable.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Adam Stevens would be a great shout for me.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

As I’ve said previously, Adam Stevens would be an ideal candidate in my opinion. But, would he work under a DoF? I highly doubt they had one at Coalville when he was there.

I’m all for the owners getting someone in to advise on the footballing side if they don’t believe they have the knowledge or experience. However, I think if the DoF is having the final say on players that we sign etc. then I think this will put a lot of successful, experienced managers at this level off the job unfortunately.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

If they need someone to advise on footballing matters / everday running of the club they don't need a DOF they need a General Manager. There is already someone at the club who could do that job, in fact he's done it before, his name is Terry Brumpton.
Employing a General Manager would mean the Team Manager could get on with job of building a team.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣