Tonights Friendly v 433 Academy

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Tonights Friendly v 433 Academy

Post by PitmanKeith »

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/TDCpfxvRCZuwo5hc/

Another game undefeated for Paul Moore
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
njp

Re: Tonights Friendly v 433 Academy

Post by njp »

I was impressed by the trialist 4 playing in DM. Only looked a short lad but he was putting some great tackles in, getting at players and most of our play was going through him. The 5 at CB looked experienced and comfortable on the ball too. Then again they were playing a bunch of kids so it may be a different story against the npl west bruisers 😂
:lol:
J shez

Post by J shez »

Let's hope with rain forecast all week it hasn't done too much damage to the pitch before Saturday
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I wonder if Matthew Barnes-Homer will remain at the club longer this time than the last time he was here…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 1:07 pm I wonder if Matthew Barnes-Homer will remain at the club longer this time than the last time he was here…
Even I was just a lad the last time he played for us and still celebrating the FA Trophy win.
Delfouneso and MBH up front combined age of 72.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

To be fair, MBH impressed in the friendly last night as did Brown in centre mid. The age profile of the squad is a concern, but surely this is only a temporary measure to try and climb the table. After all up and coming players of quality are unlikely to be available. Given our continued tactic of playing one up front we need the ball to stick and albeit against limited opposition MBH looks like he will be able to do this.
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Rambling Syd wrote: Wed Mar 27 2024 6:02 pm To be fair, MBH impressed in the friendly last night as did Brown in centre mid. The age profile of the squad is a concern, but surely this is only a temporary measure to try and climb the table. After all up and coming players of quality are unlikely to be available. Given our continued tactic of playing one up front we need the ball to stick and albeit against limited opposition MBH looks like he will be able to do this.
It is evident that Bailey is not the answer, but I'd still question why Delfonseu (sorry about the spelling) doesn't start ahead of him
:scratchhead:
Rambling Syd

Post by Rambling Syd »

To be honest Delfonouso hasn't done enough to warrant a start so far. He looks a little off the pace to me. Purely based on Tuesdays hour I would say that MBH offers more in terms of hold up play, which is so important when playing one up front and should allow us to attack better through midfield.

Given the age of the players in question and I would think lack of recent game time, I'm sure they'll all get a chance over the Easter period.
Grundle your parts - your own parts, not anybody elses!! It goes in this fashion.....