Leek Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Lee K

Re: Leek Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Lee K »

I think sheriff is referring to Paul Moore’s interview where he said we haven’t lost the last six games of football. He is not counting the penalty defeat to Coventry and he is counting the friendly against Stafford Town. With all that careful counting and non-counting he is right :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

A career in politics beckons!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 12:40 pm I think sheriff is referring to Paul Moore’s interview where he said we haven’t lost the last six games of football. He is not counting the penalty defeat to Coventry and he is counting the friendly against Stafford Town. With all that careful counting and non-counting he is right :-)
But incorrect for competitive games / results.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 1:45 pm
Lee K wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 12:40 pm I think sheriff is referring to Paul Moore’s interview where he said we haven’t lost the last six games of football. He is not counting the penalty defeat to Coventry and he is counting the friendly against Stafford Town. With all that careful counting and non-counting he is right :-)
But incorrect for competitive games / results.
He’s Paul Moore, he counts what he wants… :-)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

just on the point of segregation yesterday what idiot told the away coach driver driver to park at the home supporters stand, could have got nasty
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 12:00 pm
sheriff wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:30 am we haven't lost in six games of football ?
Love the positivity mate what have you done with Sheriff
🤣🤣

But I make it three games

Screenshot_20240324_115627_Chrome.jpg
Quote from the manager on his post match interview. His interviews are slightly bizarre at times and I reckon there is a need to 'fact-check' a lot of what he says.

The bloke who interviewed the Leek manager reckoned the ref was the worst they've had all season. They've been very fortunate if that is the case as we've had some poor officials at times.
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Was he managing us at the Stafford Town game? That long ago I can't remember
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 5:32 pm
I’ve just checked and Harry Harris was the manager for the Stafford Town game. We had another friendly recently though didn’t we where the players played against each other apparently so that’s counted too :-)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 10:12 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 5:32 pm
I’ve just checked and Harry Harris was the manager for the Stafford Town game. We had another friendly recently though didn’t we where the players played against each other apparently so that’s counted too :-)
And don't forget the postponed friendly at Glossop, we didn't lose that either.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

A further chance to extend the unbeaten run:

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... zp37iabuiQ

:-)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Is that even a club with a ground, fans etc??
Oilman

Post by Oilman »

I would say looking at the profile they haven't a ground but it's where young lads sign up in the hope they can get picked up by local clubs/professional clubs (I would say on a similar basis to the Glen Hoddle academy based abroad). Might be a good source of players in the future when they could play for Hednesford then we potentially sell them on like we have done previously with Ash Williams etc.
J shez

Post by J shez »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 10:04 am Is that even a club with a ground, fans etc??
Its an academy based near trentham in stoke,they do play games around area/country againt u23s ,non league ect but its basically a training centre to produce players rather than a club.theve had players move on to vale recently and players move to the mls.they offer elite,individual and part time training and i think there is accomodation to stay there if needed.they advertise games so scouts from league clubs can come and watch.i think the standard is decent but still a strange one.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Inside Keys Park

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 9:46 am A further chance to extend the unbeaten run:

My lad is at the game and reckons there is roughly 200 in attendance. We have players in trial apparently. 2 x centre backs, a midfielder and a centre forward.

We are 2-1 up at half-time, the academy side isn't very good . A great opportunity to extend the unbeaten run :clap:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Mar 26 2024 7:44 pm
Lee K wrote: Mon Mar 25 2024 9:46 am A further chance to extend the unbeaten run:

My lad is at the game and reckons there is roughly 200 in attendance. We have players in trial apparently. 2 x centre backs, a midfielder and a centre forward.

We are 2-1 up at half-time, the academy side isn't very good . A great opportunity to extend the unbeaten run :clap:
1 of the centre backs (number 6) isn’t actually on trial. He’s from the opposition but is actually playing for us to make up our numbers.

Number 5 we’ve apparently signed, who also played CB. Looks a good physical presence

We had a trailist in the centre of midfield who played 4, he seemed decent, nice and composed on the ball and got stuck in and upfront number 14, who we’ve actually signed also, is the size of house, seemed very ball greedy and I don’t think offered really anything

Edit - found out a few names

4 - Junior Brown, was at Bristol Rovers only 2 seasons ago
14 - Matthew Barnes Home, journeyman ST but has had a good scoring record at some decent teams like Luton, Mansfield, Cambridge and Forest Green
J shez

Post by J shez »

Barnes-homer was warming up with the team before the game on sat.me an my lad thought we recognised him but couldn't put a name to him but having a quick Google was definitely him so guessing the registration didn't go through in time for that game.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Topic locked gone off topic.
For comments on Tuesday friendly see topic here

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... php?t=5697
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣