Leek Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Leek Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 23 March 2024 .. kick-off 15.00hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£5 Adults
FREE Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
FREE Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

TODAY`S MATCH SPONSORS : E.H. Smith BuildersMerchants of Cannock Wood Street.
https://ehsmith.co.uk/

PACK THE PARK
There will also be face-painting and a magic show so hopefully there will be something for everyone.
There are also discounts on all drinks purchased at the bar and we have a 'Happy Hour' between 2 and 3pm and then straight after the game until 7pm.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Re: Leek Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by sheriff »

yes back to seven points behind Trafford when they beat Northwich and we lose
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Can Leek win the league here on Saturday?
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Nope - however if they win and their two closest rivals lose then goal difference more or less seals it

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... t-division
:scratchhead:
J shez

Post by J shez »

Guessing some people know aswel but was told by the fella on the turnstile on tuesday that we are segregating the game on sat due to the numbers leek are bringing.although would have thought the club would have announced this by now.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Usually announced in the match preview.. watch this space..
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
J shez

Post by J shez »

Glyn wrote: Fri Mar 22 2024 9:49 am Usually announced in the match preview.. watch this space..
I've just read leeks preview and it's on there that it's segregated
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote: Fri Mar 22 2024 9:49 am Usually announced in the match preview.. watch this space..

Nope!!

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... eek-town-3
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN(1) 1 - 1 (0)LEEK TOWN

(yellowcard) : Griffiths

Official (crows) : 1463

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Very spireted performance
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Pretty happy with that. Was that a full strength Leek side? They didn't look anything special. Gutted about the outcome really, I think Hednesford really deserved to win. It's the best I've seen them play this season by a long way, hopefully not too little too late.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

post-match interview

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Probably the best performance of the season. Moke is a Rolls Royce of a midfielder and improved us no end. When he went off the difference was noticeable. A draw was a fair result as we didn't do enough to win, but at 3pm we would have all taken this.
Well done to Thorley, Endall, Griffiths and Kelly who all had solid games. Thought Griff was unlucky with the goal as he got a late call of "away" and he swung his foot at the ball a bit.
Leek look a good side, but I felt they had more in the tank and they could have put more pressure on us. I do think we we got the tactics right and didn't allow ourselves to be opened up.
The run in is very difficult, but we must take heart from this and aim to get 8 points from the remaining games. With the teams in both step 4 divisions picking up points we need more. It is between us, Exmouth, Paulton, Thame and Kempston I reckon. The others have too much to do.
Thanks to the owners for putting on a fine day for the fans - the cakes were a nice touch.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Mar 23 2024 11:49 pm
The run in is very difficult, but we must take heart from this and aim to get 8 points from the remaining games. With the teams in both step 4 divisions picking up points we need more. It is between us, Exmouth, Paulton, Thame and Kempston I reckon. The others have too much to do.
Thanks to the owners for putting on a fine day for the fans - the cakes were a nice touch.
There are far more teams in the reprieve arena than just those that I list in my weekly chart elsewhere on the forum, this only includes sides who are currently 18th and 19th in their respective league. Many other teams who currently occupy 17th, 16th and even 15th are still in the mix to finish 19th and have a much better PPG.
We will not know the outcome until after the final day of the season - no sooner.
What today should have given the lads is a belief that they can mix it with the best so hopefully games against Avro, Nantwich , Witton, Clitheroe etc now become winnable.
However the loss of Rowe to what sounded like a season ending hamstring injury is a serious blow as we have no real like for like cover in that position. Another late dip or two into the transfer market may be required before Thursdays deadline.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Current Form Table here

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... form-guide

Games remaining

Witton, Avro and Bootle at home

Nantwich, Prescot and Clitheroe away
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Some fans on Facebook have been raving about what a brilliant performance it was but it wasn’t, it just feels like that because of how poor it normally is. What we did well was to restrict Leek to not a lot at all and it was only an unfortunate own goal from the dependable Sam Griffiths that took the two points away. We weren’t doing much ourselves in attack though so getting a winner was always going to be very unlikely. We definitely looked better with Farmer and Moke in midfield and I agree that Thorley had one of his better games. It was also unfortunate to see Rowe come off - he has shown quality and a real desire to do well for the club.
It was a great atmosphere with a decent and vocal following from Leek (would be interesting to know how many clicked through the away turnstiles) and all in all it was a good day. The reduced/free entry was great, cheaper beer and a free cake was great too. And there was a magician walking around asking people for £20 notes and turning them into fivers and then back again. All good fun. Well done to the owners for the extras and they were rewarded with a good crowd and a long queue at the bar every time I looked at it.
We are three points better off than we thought we were going to be as Northwich did us a favour so let’s hope we can take this good feeling into next week and get the points against Witton.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Leek managers view

What a polite and honest guy.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

sheriff

Post by sheriff »

a good point but we offered very little second half
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I do think we need to remove Bailey from the starting line up. He offers very little and his team mates didn't have the confidence to knock crosses into the box. Improvement when Delfonseu came on as he has a good first touch, held the ball up and played people in.
We don't look like creating many chances, let alone scoring goals and Delfonseu gives us the best option.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 10:58 am I do think we need to remove Bailey from the starting line up. He offers very little and his team mates didn't have the confidence to knock crosses into the box. Improvement when Delfonseu came on as he has a good first touch, held the ball up and played people in.
We don't look like creating many chances, let alone scoring goals and Delfonseu gives us the best option.
Delfouneso😀😀😀
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

we haven't lost in six games of football ?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sun Mar 24 2024 11:30 am we haven't lost in six games of football ?
Love the positivity mate what have you done with Sheriff
🤣🤣

But I make it three games
Screenshot_20240324_115627_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣