Back to the dark ages

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Back to the dark ages

Post by PitmanKeith »

I notice that on the club FB page they have locked out the ability to comment and removed/deleted all recent posts. This is a sad indictment of our club and the contempt it shows the supporters, effectively burying their heads in the sand when things are not going well. I don't believe for one minute this is the decision of our new owners but it does beg the question who is making this sort of choice.
I was hoping for transparency and more understanding of supporters concerns but yet again I guess I was wrong.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Re: Back to the dark ages

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm not on FB, but I suspect some people were venting their frustration. Providing the comments are made respectfully I have no problem with people expressing opinions, but it could be the case that some were overstepping the mark.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Mar 20 2024 12:38 pm I'm not on FB, but I suspect some people were venting their frustration. Providing the comments are made respectfully I have no problem with people expressing opinions, but it could be the case that some were overstepping the mark.
None of what I saw were, just genuine supporters expressing concern of how the team were playing and being set up.
If I was to offer the same approach on here hardly anything would be allowed in a like for like comparison.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Fans should be seen and not heard
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

From the comments I saw, there wasn’t any that were that bad or were that nasty, etc

As stated just genuine supporters expressing their frustration at the situation we find ourselves in, and to be fair, why can’t us fans, who pay our own money voice our opinion (in the correct manor) when we’re served up the dribble we witnessed last night
Ross

Post by Ross »

We really need to hear from the new owners on their vision for the club. Right now all we hear is "they have loads of money". But money without a plan and without the fans onboard is worthless.

The silence on how the club is being ran is deafening.
Del

Post by Del »

Have your say here then: viewtopic.php?t=5691
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
stonnall pitman

Post by stonnall pitman »

It is not certain that all contributors are genuine supporters or even have attended a game that is commented on. The HTFC FB platform in providing the information should perhaps not be wide open to potential misuse. As is set out here this forum as with any independent FB platform would provide the opportunity to air views.We have seen how some contributions have spiralled into absolute negativity in the recent past.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ross wrote: Thu Mar 21 2024 11:32 am We really need to hear from the new owners on their vision for the club. Right now all we hear is "they have loads of money". But money without a plan and without the fans onboard is worthless.

Aren't we due to find something out on Saturday at the game?
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Mar 21 2024 2:15 pm
Ross wrote: Thu Mar 21 2024 11:32 am We really need to hear from the new owners on their vision for the club. Right now all we hear is "they have loads of money". But money without a plan and without the fans onboard is worthless.

We might find something out on Saturday at the game?

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... elebration
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

stonnall pitman wrote: Thu Mar 21 2024 1:53 pm It is not certain that all contributors are genuine supporters or even have attended a game that is commented on. The HTFC FB platform in providing the information should perhaps not be wide open to potential misuse. As is set out here this forum as with any independent FB platform would provide the opportunity to air views.We have seen how some contributions have spiralled into absolute negativity in the recent past.
Point taken but results, manager antics and team morale have all been poor. If they only want happy clappers fine but it isn't the real world is it.
Transparency and having supporters on board is key to a successful club, by their actions in the last few days they have neither.
I'm sorry but you have to take the rough with the smooth and the club are not entertaining that. In one fell swoop by blocking all comments on FB they've virtually said do you know what we don't care about supporters and how they feel, gut wrenching to the regular 500-700 who have attended this season.
Moore has been taking most of the stick on FB is it him that has requested it, I am pretty sure this wouldn't be a decision of the Gwilts.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
stonnall pitman

Way forward then is to have a robust exchange of views on an independent forum(here) and an independent FB platform My take from this is that the club seem to indicate the official HTFC FB isn't the place and at best there are a few dozen regular FB contributors and if that is what the club are positioning it is not aimed at the hundreds of fans just my view of things I have no inside information
stonnall pitman

There you go just as I set out -gives an opportunity to this forum to fill the void alongside independent FB and similar platforms