Tividale (A) ..Walsall Senior Cup 1/4 Final

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Tividale (A) ..Walsall Senior Cup 1/4 Final

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 27 February 2024 - kick-off time: 7:45pm
Venue: The Beeches, Packwood Road, Tividale, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 1UL
Link to opponents official website: https://tividalefc.com/

Admission prices:
£7 Adults
£4 Concessions
Free U16s (if accompanied by a paying adult)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: Tividale (A) ..Walsall Senior Cup 1/4 Final

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Gonna be interesting for the manager if we lose this one.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Screenshot_20240227_083322_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

Any news if a pitch inspection is required?
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Not yet.. watch this space.. forecast is showers then drizzle this afternoon..

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Feb 27 2024 8:28 am Gonna be interesting for the manager if we lose this one.
Any idea what our record is for the shortest serving manager? Pricey used to get rid of managers once we were out of the FA Cup so I bet a few didn't get past 8 games :mrgreen:
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Without checking Morrell has to be a candidate, and Toothy only got about 8 games before Pricey brought back Rob and Larry.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

I mentioned Simon Line in off-forum chat over the weekend...

It's fascinating to look back to this season..

https://www.pitmenweb.co.uk/fixtures-results-2009-2010

which started with Dean Edwards at the helm until the FA Cup defeat to Pegasus Juniors..

Then we had Bernie Mc as caretaker from 12.9.09; Simon Line then until January (resigned for personal reasons - his spell included that magnificent 4-0 win at Bashley); Delwyn Humphries in caretaker charge then Bernie Mc back on a "permanent" basis.

This "managerless" game saw Cheyenne Dunkley start his loan spell and Jamey Osborne promoted from the youth team...

https://www.pitmenweb.co.uk/oxford-city-a-19-1-10

Seems a long time ago doesn't it!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Feb 27 2024 12:44 pm Without checking Morrell has to be a candidate, and Toothy only got about 8 games before Pricey brought back Rob and Larry.
Ta - we can exclude caretaker managers from the conversation as by definition they are a stop-gap.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Glyn wrote: Tue Feb 27 2024 2:44 pm I mentioned Simon Line in off-forum chat over the weekend...

It's fascinating to look back to this season..

https://www.pitmenweb.co.uk/fixtures-results-2009-2010

which started with Dean Edwards at the helm until the FA Cup defeat to Pegasus Juniors..

Then we had Bernie Mc as caretaker from 12.9.09; Simon Line then until January (resigned for personal reasons - his spell included that magnificent 4-0 win at Bashley); Delwyn Humphries in caretaker charge then Bernie Mc back on a "permanent" basis.

This "managerless" game game saw Cheyenne Dunkley start his loan spell and Jamey Osborne promoted from the youth team...

https://www.pitmenweb.co.uk/oxford-city-a-19-1-10

Seems a long time ago doesn't it!
Interesting to see how few attended matches back then. Interest in football at our level has certainly increased greatly since those days which is great.
17 games played in the last 2 months and 10 in April alone!
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Look forward to reviews from those who were there..
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

Where to start! It was an awful pitch, it’s got to have been very close be being called off again.

We’ve scored some fantastic goals tonight, I hope Dan was there so people can enjoy them, Williams first effort absolutely rocketed into the top corner and he showed good control to work through for the second equaliser. Their first goal was very sloppy, and the 2nd wasn’t great by us either. 2-2 at the break was a fair score.

Second half we were much improved, Callum scored from a goalkeeping error, Morley scored a skilful goal and Thompson got another 2 to his tally, his 2nd and our 6th was fantastic control and sat a defender down twice before finishing.

An enjoyable evening in the end. I’d shoutout to Delfouneso and Jervis as well, even though neither scored the hard work and passion they both showed was great, considering the surroundings of the game compared to where they’ve played previously, definitely seems like they are not here for the pay day.

Bring on Chasetown in the semis.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

My take on the evening is slightly different!

Yes, the pitch was awful, I've not been to Tividale before and the ground was frozen in time from the 60s by the look of things. I've been to a few step 5 grounds and that is by far the grimmest.

I thought we were incredibly sloppy. Their first goal came from a back pass that didn't reach Brown and all night we looked shaky with players dwelling on the ball too long at times and on others treating it like a hot potato. Some really average displays in midfield and nobody convinced me that they should start on Saturday. The reason we will end up in the bottom two is down to the midfield - we know what the problems are, but not one player from the long list we've had this season looks capable of resolving the issue. Tividale worked hard and harried us all night and whilst they had little quality, their forward took his goals well.

Joe Thompson showed our two experienced, big name strikers how to play up front and yes Tividale tired at the end , but he displayed a cool head to finish both goals. Williams scored the proverbial worldie and added a second, but again he didn't convince at right back.

An entertaining game, but I saw nothing to convince me that we can win 4 games to get to 35 points and earn that reprieve. Many players probably ensured that they won't start on Saturday. I could be wrong of course so let's see what Saturday brings.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

It’s been probably a good 5 years since I last went to Tividale and I have to say the ground is as beautiful as it ever was, one of the best visited all season. People will think I am joking but I’m not, I love old, tatty and quirky grounds and this one is up there with the best of them. The pitch was like one out of the 80s and it was looked absolutely delicious to play on.
To the game then. First half was really poor and it looked like only one team really wanted it. There was some really tasty tackles flying in from them and we looked like overpaid wannabes who wanted to be somewhere else.
Second half was better as we controlled possession a lot more and scored some great goals all night as previously mentioned. I don’t think Dan was there but it would have good to have seen those goals again. The defending for their goals was really poor.
I know we were up against a team looking likely to be relegated from the Midland League Premier Division but it was our first glimpse of Danny Thompson-Edwards and he looks to be a good ball player which is what we need, spreading the ball out wide with pace and precision on a
difficult pitch and producing a couple of “their” tackles in the second half. He should start on Saturday and hopefully he can do it against NPL W teams.
It’ll be interesting to see who does start on Saturday. Delfouneso and Jervis underwhelmed yet again, and Jervis in particular needs to start showing his quality because his workrate is really poor. Joe Thompson came on and scored two goals, which he created for himself really it has to be said. He should be the first striker on the teamsheet. If what I’m hearing about how much Delfouneso and Jervis are being paid is true then they’ll never do enough to justify those sums.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

As I looked up to the heavens last night I expected to see pterodactyls flying overhead :mrgreen: