POINTS PER GAME

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Re: POINTS PER GAME

Post by PitmanKeith »

Just to clarify for everyone New Salamis withdrawal does NOT count as an extra reprieve. It is treated as an in division reprieve for the team finishing 19th Stowmarket.
Now there is some conjecture that Stowmarket may well refuse the reprieve and wish to be relegated, if that happens it would then be offered as a third reprieve on PPG across all eight divisions.
We shall wait and see.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Isn't it all ridiculous..

:cry: :think:

Mind you, I was reminded recently of that night at Leek when Northwich used it for a home game and news broke during the game that they wouldn't be allowed to take part in the play-offs..

Final outcomes being decided off the field is nothing new..

https://www.pitmenweb.co.uk/northwich-v ... -a-13-4-12
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
J shez

Post by J shez »

Apologies didn't notice it earlier on in the thread or Any other date on there twitter page before tonight .feel free to remove admin,as it won't let me,to save any confusion!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

J shez wrote: Tue Apr 23 2024 9:47 pm Apologies didn't notice it earlier on in the thread or Any other date on there twitter page before tonight .feel free to remove admin,as it won't let me,to save any confusion!
Don't be daft mate no apologies needed, I'll leave it there anyway.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Tue Apr 23 2024 9:02 pm Just to clarify for everyone New Salamis withdrawal does NOT count as an extra reprieve. It is treated as an in division reprieve for the team finishing 19th Stowmarket.
Now there is some conjecture that Stowmarket may well refuse the reprieve and wish to be relegated, if that happens it would then be offered as a third reprieve on PPG across all eight divisions.
We shall wait and see.
...and if we get offered that place then Moore will have done his job in keeping us up :mrgreen:

I was telling me lad last night that it isn't unusual for clubs at step 4 and below to ask for voluntary relegations as some find it hard to sustain football at that level if they have no money to pay players and they end up getting battered every week.

I think we are well placed to finish 3rd in the PPG league due to our relatively good goal difference
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

We need Winterton and Brighouse to lose then a draw or a win will be enough for us.
And PP I hope the comment about Paul Moore is tongue in cheek, he ain't done his job because we are officially relegated. Two wins in nine games isn't doing the job you were brought in to do.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

The club should be taking all Hednesford wear off his back as he walks out the stadium at 5pm Saturday!
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Dunno what all the fuss is about, he is a great manager, if you listen to his interviews he is trying his best and its not his fault, i think i heard him at training saying we was unbeaten now in 48 hours.

:mrgreen:
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

If grantham loose tonight itll put more presure on them to win against winterton the weekend as they could easily find themselves bottom of the table if they loose the next two.

Lets just hope we can get something agsinst bootle.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Arrows87 wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 11:04 am Dunno what all the fuss is about, he is a great manager, if you listen to his interviews he is trying his best and its not his fault, i think i heard him at training saying we was unbeaten now in 48 hours.

:mrgreen:
:clap: :clap:
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Arrows87 wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 5:06 pm If grantham loose tonight itll put more presure on them to win against winterton the weekend as they could easily find themselves bottom of the table if they loose the next two.

Lets just hope we can get something agsinst bootle.
Grantham are 1 up at present and are continuing their hot streak. i'm sure they will give Winterton a hard game on Saturday
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Full time

Sheffield 1 Grantham 2

Grantham go to 37 points and are safe
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... ague-table

Fixtures

Winterton v Grantham
Brighouse v Carlton
Consett v Bridlington

If we draw on Saturday then we need Grantham to avoid defeat and Brighouse to lose. If we win then we bring Bridlington into the equation also should Brighouse win their game.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

My last words on this till 5pm Saturday

Hednesford win, Brighouse lose or draw, Winterton win, lose or draw
SAFE

Hednesford draw, Winterton lose or draw
Brighouse lose
SAFE

Hednesford lose
Midland League here we come
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Brighouse and Winterton winning
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

It's all over chaps even if we win.
Welcome to the Midland League
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
northernboro

Post by northernboro »

If it's any consolation we (Stafford) just dropped out of the NPL premier having had a truly terrible season also.

We waited far too long to change manager, new gaffer Dave Cooke admittedly did improve us but we were still too poor to stay up. Lost three crucial relegation six pointers all 1-0 against god awful opposition.

Chairman's attitude at the AGM was "hey, at least we're not Nuneaton or Marske"

Great.
J shez

Post by J shez »

Another team deciding to drop down the leagues,very surprising and strange announcement straight after the last game and after they had such a strong season .
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Well that's put an end to it. Death by a 1000 cuts. Will be interesting to see if anyone decides to drop out and what this might mean for us. If Loughborough has gone then does the 3rd place in PPG get a repreive?

Either way we don't deserve it. 3 or 4 years of mis-management has culminated in this.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Not sure how all this works. Do R&D get the reprieve or do we as we got 3rd place in the PPG league????
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Apr 27 2024 7:30 pm Not sure how all this works. Do R&D get the reprieve or do we as we got 3rd place in the PPG league????
We don't as it will be treated in division. I think Loughborough will be classed as the bottom club which would make Gresley next to bottom and eligible for the reprieve. But hey we're dealing with the FA here :-D

So in the two in division reprieves Gresley and Stowmarket have much worse PPG than us but survive.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think a harsh dose of reality may be a good thing in the long run. We've missed opportunities to progress over the last decade, then been badly run, before being abandoned. People say things have to get worse before they get better and today, let's hope we've hit rock bottom.
We have to accept next season we will be visiting Wolverhampton Casuals, Uttoxeter and yes, Northwich 1874 and their God-damn awful ground. We will be in the FA Vase and possibly playing the likes of Bilston or Wednesfield and playing in the FA Cup before the league season starts.
We have to win promotion immediately and aim to be back in Step 3 within another couple of years. We can also expect ticket prices to be slashed - we shouldn't be charging more than £8 for an adult ticket for home games and that will mean we take a financial hit at the gate.
A long road back, but this day has been coming for a while. We have very good owners, but they need to appoint a local manager who can attract the best step 4 players in the area.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

There’s been all sorts of chat today ;

Teams in our division saying to the league they don’t want us relegated due to the revenue we bring to them, teams in the Midland Prem expressing concern they don’t have the facilities to accommodate us, Avro’s ground not being upto scratch, and now Loughborough relegating themselves.

It’s rollercoaster and the ride isn’t over yet, until the FA announce the league structure and teams.

I would of like to stayed up on merit, who wouldn’t, but I’ll take any reprieve at this point to stop us going to step 5
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

pitmanpipe wrote: Sat Apr 27 2024 8:25 pm There’s been all sorts of chat today ;

Teams in our division saying to the league they don’t want us relegated due to the revenue we bring to them, teams in the Midland Prem expressing concern they don’t have the facilities to accommodate us, Avro’s ground not being upto scratch, and now Loughborough relegating themselves.

It’s rollercoaster and the ride isn’t over yet, until the FA announce the league structure and teams.

I would of like to stayed up on merit, who wouldn’t, but I’ll take any reprieve at this point to stop us going to step 5
Rules are rules and I'm sure clubs in the Midland League will cope as they did when Hereford played at that level a few years ago. For most local away games I think the most we could hope to take would be 300 - 400 and clubs will be grateful for the revenue. With Stafford coming down I don't think we will be missed that much from a financial perspective at step 4.