Pitmen appoint Paul Moore

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
Glyn

Pitmen appoint Paul Moore

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Re: Pitmen appoint Paul Moore

Post by Lee K »

Welcome to Paul, and as usual with any manager. I will give him the chance any new arrival deserves.

He was the manager of Newcastle Town when we beat them twice this season though, and they were truly dreadful in both games.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Can’t hide my disappointment in what feels like a very underwhelming appointment!

I missed our away victory at Newcastle but his team at KP were probably the one of the worst sides I’ve seen this season.

Despite that, I’ll back him 100% till the end!

Doesn’t say how long the contract is for, if it’s only until the end of season, surely we would have been better off sticking with Harry or Michael?

But what do I know, I’m not the decision makers at the club
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I’m guessing that due to his experience at this level and the knowledge of the division and the teams in it, that this might be a last gasp attempt at getting out of the bottom two. If the owners have big ambitions as I believe they have then I think his time may be at an end once the final whistle goes this season whether he keeps us up or not.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

very dissapointed, surely McGrath has more experience
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 4:58 pm Welcome to Paul, and as usual with any manager. I will give him the chance any new arrival deserves.

He was the manager of Newcastle Town when we beat them twice this season though, and they were truly dreadful in both games.
yes they started winning when he left ?
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

THere were some big, unsuitable names being mentioned on Tuesday night. I was hoping we would appoint the likes of Stephens as he has had significant recent success at Step 3.

I didn't see this coming and if Paul Moore can get 35 / 36 points by the end of the season to earn us a reprieve I will eat humble pie, but to say I am disappointed is an understatement.

We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, we don't know if Stephens (or anyone else ) was interviewed and turned us down because of our plight , we don't know if McGrath (having done a half decent job at Bromsgrove whilst having his best players pinched) was considered and we don't know whether this is simply all we've been left with.

Moore certainly knows what this league looks like from the bottom reaches, but he has potentially 4 quality new signings (including the 2 that started against Mossley) at his disposal.

The question is whether he is more savvy than Harris and McGrath and if he is able to mould a team of individuals into something cohesive that doesn't make error after error.

I've got my own view on who should be in the XI and who shouldn't and this was confirmed last Saturday. Moore hasn't watched us play so I've no idea on what basis he will select the team, but a couple who began against Mossley should be on the bench at best.

As Lee says, this has a very temporary feel to it and it is a gamble to appoint someone who was less successful (this season ) than Harris

Interesting times as they say, but right now I'd settle for boring efficiency
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

sheriff wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 5:40 pm
Lee K wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 4:58 pm Welcome to Paul, and as usual with any manager. I will give him the chance any new arrival deserves.

yes they started winning when he left ?
Don't call for his head just yet. Give the bloke a chance. I know we may have our reservations, but let's see.
Del

Post by Del »

If the Club had waited 24 hours or so .. Gary Johnson would have been available!!

https://torquayunited.com/johnson-departs-tuafc/
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Should have stook with harris and hinksy, never agreed with the dismisal of them at this stage in the season. But lets hope paul can lead to us survival.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Del wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 5:51 pm If the Club had waited 24 hours or so .. Gary Johnson would have been available!!

That would have been some signing and one big relocation. Cant see that Hednesford would have been able to attract him
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Arrows87 wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 5:59 pm
Del wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 5:51 pm If the Club had waited 24 hours or so .. Gary Johnson would have been available!!

That would have been some signing and one big relocation. Cant see that Hednesford would have been able to attract him
I think it was sarcasm mate Del lives down there and is a Gulls supporter. Johnson isn't one of his favourite people.🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

I hope he signs Jake Avery from Newcastle a quick and well rounded striker.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 6:37 pm
Arrows87 wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 5:59 pm

I think it was sarcasm mate Del lives down there and is a Gulls supporter. Johnson isn't one of his favourite people.🤣
Haha my bad,
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Whats everyones thoughts on head coach and not manager for title?
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Presumably the First Team Coach has less of a say on player recruitment? I'm sure the structure of the club will be communicated in due course. At present things are happening but there is no explanation which is to be expected until the NPL / FA get their fingers out
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

First Interview
Glyn

Post by Glyn »