Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
TMVP

Re: Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by TMVP »

Post match interview

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 7:42 pm
Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 5:12 pm What an absolutely abysmal performance. Worse than anything under Glover or Harris. The owners accepted our relegation the day they sacked Harris. Has nobody at the club learned anything from last season - three managers a season means relegation? It’s happened last season and it’s happened again.
The single biggest mistake the manager made was dropping Griffiths and Mendez-Jones. How anybody can play Endall ahead of those two is unbelievable. With a new manager in the least I expected is some fight and there was nothing at all.
Boucher made 4 or 5 excellent saves (a couple of them double saves) which would have made the score look even worse. Rowe tried hard at right-back but these two were the only ones to come out of the game with any credit. Kelly put a couple of good balls in but that was it, and ended up getting sent off for making a last ditch attempt at stopping them from scoring. The correct decision, despite the referee having an otherwise extremely poor game. This came from us having a corner and McGrath losing the ball and Endall not even bothering to get back. Endall was his usual self, clumsy and giving the ball away countless times, failing to jump to head the ball away for their second and I think he may have given the ball away in the build up to the corner where they scored their first.
Again, we had nothing in midfield. Ali is a waste of space and McQuilkin not much better. I am sick of seeing Ali jog around the pitch putting the absolute minimal effort in. And this is the captain? Verma has lost any enthusiasm to play for us and Thompson battled hard but to no avail.
This leaves me to our star signings in Delfouneso and Jervis. Both put in hardly any effort, looked like they thought the level was beneath them and were a complete waste of time. We’ve got no chance with wasters like these two up front probably on big money.
At 2-0 down (and yes I know a man down) Moore decides to bring on a centre back and a defensive midfielder when we needed to score. Make it make sense someone. We finally saw our box-to-box new signing midfielder a couple of seconds before the final whistle after their third went in.

Who is going to rule out a 4th manager of the season? I’m not on this performance.
Wasn't there today. I went to watch Khalsa v Lye - two abysmal sides somehow in the top 8 of their league. I've seen a few games in this league and most sides I've seen would struggle in our Division.
I recall Lee making a similar comment in relation to substitutions made by Harris last week. We have to trust that managers know what they are doing!
Moore did exactly what Harris did last week and both games we ended up scoring 0!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

TMVP wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 8:09 pm Post match interview

Wow. Throwing Boucher under the bus publicly when he single-handedly stopped a 7 or 8-0 defeat is quite frankly crazy. This guy has no idea!
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 8:16 pm

Wow. Throwing Boucher under the bus publicly when he single-handedly stopped a 7 or 8-0 defeat is quite frankly crazy. This guy has no idea!
You beat me to it, that isn’t a good look at all. I don’t like the bloke already.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

He did it twice! You don't do that I'm afraid and that shows a lack of class. That won't do much for team spirit and is a good way of alienating players. Maybe Moore sees a Boucher as one of Harris' players.

Not a good start for the manager and his new players.

Kieran Knapper played for Kidsgrove against us recently and he lined up for Runcorn today. He is a bit of a handful.
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

apart from Boucher a totally gutless performance
the players and manager who have come here to help us stay up are infact taking us down
they played like they were already relegated
think the new manager and new players have come here to make a quick buck from a sinking ship
I asked Moore at the end of the game if he thought he was still at Newcastle which he just laughed off
fair play to the travelling fans
we were looking what local teams we are going to be playing next year
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Foxinthebox wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 8:20 pm
Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 8:16 pm

You beat me to it, that isn’t a good look at all. I don’t like the bloke already.
bullshit you haven't got a clue, Boucher was clapped off by the Runcorn fans, so trying to lay the blame on him your an idiot
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

Wow! What a plonker the new manager is…..

Disappointingly we will go down with the PPG algorithm with this guy in charge…..I really do think there is a chance we can salvage some points but not with this fella in charge. Sorry he got sacked at Newcastle for a poor team and signs one of there players who hasn’t played for Newcastle for an age. I really think we need to trim the squad and in my honest opinion bring back someone like Rob and Larry. I won’t go with this guy in charge.

C’est la vie.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

As said elsewhere an absolute car crash of an interview, don't like his attitude, don't like him and more than that I certainly don't like his record over the last 15 years. How on earth did he get appointed what attracted him to our DoF.
I'll be amazed if he survives this I've never seen anyone lose every fan in one days work before, staggering.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Feb 25 2024 8:19 am

As said elsewhere an absolute car crash of an interview, don't like his attitude, don't like him and more than that I certainly don't like his record over the last 15 years. How on earth did he get appointed what attracted him to our DoF.
I'll be amazed if he survives this I've never seen anyone lose every fan in one days work before, staggering.
You’ve got to question why the interview was published online in the first place, I know we all complained about lack of coverage online but common sense says don’t publish this surely? And when a couple of negative reactions came in take it down! This has now snowballed and I’d say the majority of the fans are against the manager after one game.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

so they should be
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Highlights

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I think the manager owes Boucher an apology. For the first goal, we would have to have been the tallest man in the world to claim or punch that. When the ball dropped he would have been blocked by other players and it’s for the defenders to deal with, and the goal was scored because of Ali’s feeble attempt of a challenge.
Boucher came out and made the save for the second goal, unfortunately he was let down by those around him. He maybe could have come out quicker but the striker was always in control of the ball so it would only ever have been about trying to make a save. If an apology isn’t forthcoming I’d be handing my stuff back and getting out of the club if I was Boucher.
Endall not bothering to jump to head the ball away for the second and then stepping aside and allowing their man to run through when Kelly got sent off was disgraceful. He shouldn’t play for us again.
Good to see that Dan included all of Boucher’s saves - all EIGHT of them (two of which were double saves).
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

Got to feel for you guys, you support your club in great numbers at home, despite being second bottom, you travel well away aswell (some of the best fans we've had this season)
And you get served that performance on the pitch by the players :o
No disrespect but I think had yous of played all night, you still wouldn't of scored. It was that comfortable.

Your manager 'outing' your keeper is a disgrace! Especially when he kept the score down with some fantastic saves.

Top marks to the ones who came to the pub beforehand on the coach in the town, all well behaved and in good spirits.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

Hi everyone,

regarding the post-match interview that is on me guys. People have asked should we have uploaded the interview and maybe in retrospective I shouldn't, but equally on the other hand some people (not people on this forum though) would have said something if we haven't. So just once again to clarify this is on me and I apologise.

Since, I've come back to the club I have enjoyed every minute and it's been my mission to make social media more active and I hope that I achieved that. I've enjoyed talking with Craig and Amanda great people. My aim is to have a great media team and in time I believe we can. Hopefully in the time I've come back we have improved the communication/posts you see. If we haven't that is something to work on

This is a bump on the road and like I said this one is on me. Behind the scenes video will be uploaded at some point tomorrow. Runcorn is a great place with some really friendly people. I would put it up there with South Shields as one of the friendliest clubs I've visited.

Regards
Dan
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

TMVP wrote: Sun Feb 25 2024 10:34 am Hi everyone,

regarding the post-match interview that is on me guys. People have asked should we have uploaded the interview and maybe in retrospective I shouldn't, but equally on the other hand some people (not people on this forum though) would have said something if we haven't. So just once again to clarify this is on me and I apologise.

Since, I've come back to the club I have enjoyed every minute and it's been my mission to make social media more active and I hope that I achieved that. I've enjoyed talking with Craig and Amanda great people. My aim is to have a great media team and in time I believe we can. Hopefully in the time I've come back we have improved the communication/posts you see. If we haven't that is something to work on

This is a bump on the road and like I said this one is on me. Behind the scenes video will be uploaded at some point tomorrow. Runcorn is a great place with some really friendly people. I would put it up there with South Shields as one of the friendliest clubs I've visited.

Regards
Dan
You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong Dan. The fans have a right to know what the manager wants to say about a game. The video looks bad on him, nobody else. I would have been more disappointed had the club tried to hide this video away from the fans. Your work is always excellent and no apology needs to be made.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Regards
Dan
Dan what on earth are you apologising for?
Moore made it a car crash of an interview on his own he certainly didn't need any help from anyone. People/fans need to see thing exactly how it is and you provided that perfectly.
Don't apologise for something out of your control mate just keep going with the excellent work you do, you are actually the signing of the season alongside Terry Brumpton coming back.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Just adding my +1. There's only one person who needs to take any responsibility here.
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Cornfan wrote: Sun Feb 25 2024 10:06 am Got to feel for you guys, you support your club in great numbers at home, despite being second bottom, you travel well away aswell (some of the best fans we've had this season)
No disrespect but I think had yous of played all night, you still wouldn't of scored. It was that comfortable.

Your manager 'outing' your keeper is a disgrace! Especially when he kept the score down with some fantastic saves.

Top marks to the ones who came to the pub beforehand on the coach in the town, all well behaved and in good spirits.

Cheers Cornfan. I enjoyed Ron Corn, a great mascot. Nice fans and setup you've got there and the pitch is fantastic.
Stuart Bowman
Del

Post by Del »

Regards
Dan
DAN .. what on earth are you apologising for?

Your return has been like a breath of fresh air by opening up communication channels between club and fans, something that was so desperately missing under the last regime.
Did you write a script for the manger to read from? Of course not, he spoke his mind without thinking, thus highlighting the problem that is now in charge.

Moore needs to publicly address the fans and importantly keeper Boucher asap by issuing an apology, but is he man enough to do that?
To alienate himself in such a short space of time with so many fans makes the future look even more grim, so let’s hope you get a call to film another interview Dan.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

Pitmanchester wrote: Sun Feb 25 2024 11:39 am
Cornfan wrote: Sun Feb 25 2024 10:06 am Got to feel for you guys, you support your club in great numbers at home, despite being second bottom, you travel well away aswell (some of the best fans we've had this season)

Cheers Cornfan. I enjoyed Ron Corn, a great mascot. Nice fans and setup you've got there and the pitch is fantastic.
I was happy to see Ron Corn got a run out before the match :-D
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Watched the highlights now... thanks as always Dan, and I can only endorse what all sensible people are saying about your highlights (which should, perhaps, come with an X certificate) and post-match interviews.

I am full of praise for those loyal fans who have followed the Pitmen around the north of the country this season (as I used to do .. and the south... when health permitted...) - they deserve far better than this.

I wonder if some of our players have ever heard the phrase "busting a gut".. rather than "jogging around"..

:x
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Just like to add my voice to those that are showing gratitude for Dan's work. It is greatly appreciated as I can't get to those away games out of the area.
I'm also happy that the interview was posted and Dan has nothing to apologise for, unless he is Moore's script writer :mrgreen: . Fair play to the manager for speaking his mind - he is entitled to do so - and it is in everyone's interests to see what he thinks as people crave this level of openness.

That said, I've watched the interview twice and also the highlights and he is bang out of order. I'll be amazed if both Moore and Boucher are at the club next Saturday. If I had my way I know who I'd be asking to leave, but we have a Sporting Director in place and I guess his decision making is being questioned now...
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

[quote="Perton Pitman" post_id=110701 time=1708872282 user_id=68 If I had my way I know who I'd be asking to leave, but we have a Sporting Director in place and I guess his decision making is being questioned now...
[/quote]

I do hope so
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Just listened to the interview.
Not only does he single out Boucher but he also managed to credit himself for his "brave" tactics.
Stuart Bowman