Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 24 February 2024 - kick-off time: 3:00pm
Venue: Apec Taxis Stadium, Stockham Lane, Murdishaw, Runcorn, Cheshire WA7 6GJ
Link to opponents official website: https://www.runcornlinnetsfc.co.uk/

Admission prices:
£10 Adults
£7 Concessions (age 65+ and 19-22 year olds in full-time education)
£2 18 and under

Parking
.. ample on-site parking
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Re: Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Lee K »

Shouldn’t have trouble getting a taxi then.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:mrgreen: :clap:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

Morning all. We at Runcorn Linnets are looking forward to your visit on Saturday. Hope you enjoy the day.

Ticket prices above

Children actually £2 for entry 👍

Queen of Hearts pub directly outside the ground for those that are arriving a bit earlier.

Clubhouse situated within the stadium. Selling lager, cider & spirits
Also a 'Madri van' behind one of the goals to the left (this van gets a much shorter queue than the clubhouse bar 👍)

Tea bar selling your usual pies, chips, hot dog, burgers.

How many Hednesford do you think will travel?

Hope you enjoy your visit.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Cornfan wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 6:42 am Morning all. We at Runcorn Linnets are looking forward to your visit on Saturday. Hope you enjoy the day.

Ticket prices above

Queen of Hearts pub directly outside the ground for those that are arriving a bit earlier.

Also a 'Madri van' behind one of the goals to the left (this van gets a much shorter queue than the clubhouse bar 👍)

We have a full 53 seater coach booked with supporters plus I would expect quite a few others to make the journey so I would think 100+.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

:clap: Great stuff.

Should be one of the better followings that have come to us this season then.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Cornfan wrote: Thu Feb 22 2024 6:42 am Morning all. We at Runcorn Linnets are looking forward to your visit on Saturday. Hope you enjoy the day.

Ticket prices above

Thanks for the info (cheers)
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Normally drive to away games, but going up on the coach this time around!

Looking forward to hitting the Madri van 🍻 not so much to potential full time result
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

Despite us being 2nd in the league, our performances have been indifferent. We can look sublime one week & the next, very ordinary!
We've just been very fortunate to grind out points really.

I think with yous obviously losing your manager it will be a lot tougher for us this weekend.

I enjoyed our visit to you guys earlier on in the season. A great ground and even better facilities! Having the 2 sides to the bar was brilliant, not to mention that catering van. Stupendous burgers 🍔
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

some weeks we are rubbish and then other weeks even worse :-D
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet we still never managed to beat you in the reverse fixture :cry:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Brilliant stuff Cornfan.

I've heard you have a mascot called Ron Corn. Is it true?
Stuart Bowman
Cornfan

Post by Cornfan »

It sure is.

Although no-one seems to volunteer to don the Ron Corn suit.

You should see it in the clubhouse by the bar, feel free to put it on :mrgreen:
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

That's a shame, was looking forward to Ron! Thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

If you don't know, the Ron Corn costume seems to be a pair of green tights topped with a giant corn on the cob bodysuit.
Stuart Bowman
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

90s party! That’s right up my street that!

(Although, are we talking about music or the age of the people that it’s aimed at…)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Cornfan wrote: Fri Feb 23 2024 3:24 pm It sure is.

Although no-one seems to volunteer to don the Ron Corn suit.

You should see it in the clubhouse by the bar, feel free to put it on :mrgreen:
Ron corn, that’s genius!
Del

Post by Del »

RUNCORN LINNETS(1) 3 - 0 (0)PITMEN

(yellowcard) : Endall, Rowe, Jervis,

(redcard) : Kelly

Official (crows) : 645
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

What an absolutely abysmal performance. Worse than anything under Glover or Harris. The owners accepted our relegation the day they sacked Harris. Has nobody at the club learned anything from last season - three managers a season means relegation? It’s happened last season and it’s happened again.
The single biggest mistake the manager made was dropping Griffiths and Mendez-Jones. How anybody can play Endall ahead of those two is unbelievable. With a new manager in the least I expected is some fight and there was nothing at all.
Boucher made 4 or 5 excellent saves (a couple of them double saves) which would have made the score look even worse. Rowe tried hard at right-back but these two were the only ones to come out of the game with any credit. Kelly put a couple of good balls in but that was it, and ended up getting sent off for making a last ditch attempt at stopping them from scoring. The correct decision, despite the referee having an otherwise extremely poor game. This came from us having a corner and McGrath losing the ball and Endall not even bothering to get back. Endall was his usual self, clumsy and giving the ball away countless times, failing to jump to head the ball away for their second and I think he may have given the ball away in the build up to the corner where they scored their first.
Again, we had nothing in midfield. Ali is a waste of space and McQuilkin not much better. I am sick of seeing Ali jog around the pitch putting the absolute minimal effort in. And this is the captain? Verma has lost any enthusiasm to play for us and Thompson battled hard but to no avail.
This leaves me to our star signings in Delfouneso and Jervis. Both put in hardly any effort, looked like they thought the level was beneath them and were a complete waste of time. We’ve got no chance with wasters like these two up front probably on big money.
At 2-0 down (and yes I know a man down) Moore decides to bring on a centre back and a defensive midfielder when we needed to score. Make it make sense someone. We finally saw our box-to-box new signing midfielder a couple of seconds before the final whistle after their third went in.

Who is going to rule out a 4th manager of the season? I’m not on this performance.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Sadly from what I have just read on Facebook appreciation may not have been universal..
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Lee's assessment of the game is spot on.
They are a decent side and it's always going to be a struggle trying to throw together a side as we've been doing all season. Some are really trying but some of the "big names" are either not fit or not bothered.
I did enjoy seeing Ron Corn though, even though the suit was a bit baggy on today's incumbent.
Nice set up at Linnets, the best pitch I've seen in ages.
Stuart Bowman
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 5:12 pm What an absolutely abysmal performance. Worse than anything under Glover or Harris. The owners accepted our relegation the day they sacked Harris. Has nobody at the club learned anything from last season - three managers a season means relegation? It’s happened last season and it’s happened again.
The single biggest mistake the manager made was dropping Griffiths and Mendez-Jones. How anybody can play Endall ahead of those two is unbelievable. With a new manager in the least I expected is some fight and there was nothing at all.
Boucher made 4 or 5 excellent saves (a couple of them double saves) which would have made the score look even worse. Rowe tried hard at right-back but these two were the only ones to come out of the game with any credit. Kelly put a couple of good balls in but that was it, and ended up getting sent off for making a last ditch attempt at stopping them from scoring. The correct decision, despite the referee having an otherwise extremely poor game. This came from us having a corner and McGrath losing the ball and Endall not even bothering to get back. Endall was his usual self, clumsy and giving the ball away countless times, failing to jump to head the ball away for their second and I think he may have given the ball away in the build up to the corner where they scored their first.
Again, we had nothing in midfield. Ali is a waste of space and McQuilkin not much better. I am sick of seeing Ali jog around the pitch putting the absolute minimal effort in. And this is the captain? Verma has lost any enthusiasm to play for us and Thompson battled hard but to no avail.
This leaves me to our star signings in Delfouneso and Jervis. Both put in hardly any effort, looked like they thought the level was beneath them and were a complete waste of time. We’ve got no chance with wasters like these two up front probably on big money.
At 2-0 down (and yes I know a man down) Moore decides to bring on a centre back and a defensive midfielder when we needed to score. Make it make sense someone. We finally saw our box-to-box new signing midfielder a couple of seconds before the final whistle after their third went in.

Who is going to rule out a 4th manager of the season? I’m not on this performance.
Wasn't there today. I went to watch Khalsa v Lye - two abysmal sides somehow in the top 8 of their league. I've seen a few games in this league and most sides I've seen would struggle in our Division.
I recall Lee making a similar comment in relation to substitutions made by Harris last week. We have to trust that managers know what they are doing!
:scratchhead:
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I am so sick and tired of going week in, week out. Spending my money to see absolutely no effort and no fight what so ever!

Today was an embarrassment! Yes, Runcorn are 2nd in the league, but we’ve got nothing, nothing at all!

No fight at back, no creativity through the midfield which in turn leaves us with our forwards starved of the ball!

The team selection and football was no different to Harry, so why make a change?

The manager isn’t good enough to be on tie dig out

And Jake Jervis having the nerve to question the away support is an absolute joke! In his first game for the club.
Maybe stop questioning the fans and put in a lot more effort than today and we’ll be in your side.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Any idea where Reid was today? He looks like he gives a stuff when he plays for us
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Feb 24 2024 8:02 pm Any idea where Reid was today? He looks like he gives a stuff when he plays for us
No, and I checked Rushall’s team before kick off and he wasn’t in their 16 either.