Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
TMVP

Re: Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by TMVP »

Pitmen Travel

Pastiesbest

Re: Runcorn Linnets (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Pastiesbest »

Just to echo the posts re Dan's apology, there's absolutely nothing to apologise for. I've only just joined the Forum and this is my first post. I've been a Pitmen supporter since I was old enough to go to the Cross Keys on my own and that was about 65 years ago. I moved to Cornwall in 1970 and have endeavoured to keep abreast of the club's fortunes since then. A few years ago I was lucky enough to make contact with Carol Johnson who has kept me updated with club news since then. The addition of Dan's videos was an added bonus. I watched Dan's highlights and although the team didn't play well, the keeper was a star. I'm sure if that game were on Match of the Day Mr Shearer would have singled him out for praise. Then we come to the manager's interview. Whilst I appreciate he's not been in the job long he seemed to go out of his way to find an excuse to cover his shortcomings. As any manager will tell you, criticism of individuals should be done in the dressing room. I was once told " You never get a second chance to make a first impression " how true that is here . Dan, you must never apologise for doing the excellent job you are. We live in a world where everyone is afraid to say anything, but you cannot act as censor if people you are interviewing, for our benefit, decide to shoot themselves in the foot.