Mossley (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Mossley (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 17 February 2024 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

TODAY`S MATCH SPONSORS : Westwood Decorators
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: Mossley (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Perton Pitman »

A must win game! :mrgreen:
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

we need at least 7 wins out of the last 11 games thats the reality of it all
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Mossley H
Runcorn A
Vauxhall H
Northwich A
Leek H
Witton H
Nantwich A
Prescot A
Avro H
Clitheroe A
Bootle H

pick your seven
I can see 6 certain defeats
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We’ll be reprieved anyway so it doesn’t matter.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Vauxhall Motors are on a dreadful run so hopefully 38 points will see us finish above them or ensure that we are reprieved on PPG

We have to target this game and those against Vauxhall Motors and Northwich .

It does feel like we are clutching at straws.
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

I think Vauxhall are the team to watch. We managed to get to equal games with Trafford who won their last game which moved them away from us dropping Vauxhall to spot above us but with 2 game advantage. We must beat them and trust other teams keep doing the same. Some of you will remember a game away at Vauxhall which they won and relegated us. I do not wNt to see history repeating itself! Get behind the team and lift them to keep us up.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Lee K wrote: Tue Feb 13 2024 6:54 pm We’ll be reprieved anyway so it doesn’t matter.
please explain ?
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

still no news of this top striker
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Wed Feb 14 2024 6:21 pm
Lee K wrote: Tue Feb 13 2024 6:54 pm We’ll be reprieved anyway so it doesn’t matter.
please explain ?
Read through this topic

https://www.hednesfordtown.com/HTFC/for ... php?t=5663
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Huge decisions for Harry to make today as to which formation we should play and who he should pick in the starting 11.
Is he going to persist with one up front, and if so whom? If he plays two up front, can he really also play two wingers as well in either Verma, Gyasi, Reid or Morley.
And who should he play in midfield as we have number of players to pick from in Thorley, McQuilkin, Ali, Carvell, Martin, Thompson and McGrath.
Similarly in defence, plenty to choose from as from Harry’s latest video everyone is fit.

I keep thinking back to the last game at Hanley and the second half against City of Liverpool and for me the players who played in those games are showing that they are not up to it consistently and I hope big changes are made. I can certainly see the likes of Williams, Endall, Thorley (although his stellar career will always count in his favour), McQuilkin and Ali could or should all be concerned about their places in the team. But there is also the possible concern about the new signings and whether they are match fit. I’m not sure how much football the likes of Delfouneso, Jervis and McGrath have played this season.
This is a game we need to win against an opponent not in good form so I think we should attack and go at them by the throat early on. Hopefully the formation and the approach to the game will match the need for the win.

This is not who I think Harry will pick, but this would be my team for today if fitness was not an issue:

GK - Ryan Brown
RB - Blaine Rowe
LB - Jack Kelly
CB - Sam Griffiths
CB - Callam Mendez-Jones
RW - Daniel Gyasi
CM - James Carvell
CM - Tom Thorley
LW - Jai Verma
AM - Joe Thompson
CF - Nathan Delfouneso

S - Kieran Boucher
S - Michael Williams
S - Michael McGrath
S - Rackeem Reid
S - Jake Jervis

No places in the 16 unfortunately for me for Josh Endall, Sam Paddock, Jacob Gwilt, Joe Morley, James McQuilkin, Max Martin or Ahmed Ali.

I think I would play Delfouneso up front with Joe Thompson joining him in attack when we have the ball. Thompson has impressed me more when he has played as a striker rather than as a midfielder and he should play further forward more. Thorley can do the mopping up and Carvell is good with the ball at his feet and can make the play. Get the ball out wide to the wingers to get some crosses in and for Thompson to support Delfouneso.
I think Endall has had too many chances now and he needs to be taken out for a bit. Mendez-Jones when fit, which I know is not very often, has always been an excellent defender when we’ve been able to get him on the pitch. With the number of players who I have not been able to fit in the 16 it just shows the wide range of options that Harry has available and as Perton has said on another thread there can’t be any excuses anymore.

Rowe and Jervis can't play apparently
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 17 2024 9:25 am Huge decisions for Harry to make today as to which formation we should play and who he should pick in the starting 11.
Is he going to persist with one up front, and if so whom? If he plays two up front, can he really also play two wingers as well in either Verma, Gyasi, Reid or Morley.
And who should he play in midfield as we have number of players to pick from in Thorley, McQuilkin, Ali, Carvell, Martin, Thompson and McGrath.
Similarly in defence, plenty to choose from as from Harry’s latest video everyone is fit.

I keep thinking back to the last game at Hanley and the second half against City of Liverpool and for me the players who played in those games are showing that they are not up to it consistently and I hope big changes are made. I can certainly see the likes of Williams, Endall, Thorley (although his stellar career will always count in his favour), McQuilkin and Ali could or should all be concerned about their places in the team. But there is also the possible concern about the new signings and whether they are match fit. I’m not sure how much football the likes of Delfouneso, Jervis and McGrath have played this season.
This is a game we need to win against an opponent not in good form so I think we should attack and go at them by the throat early on. Hopefully the formation and the approach to the game will match the need for the win.

This is not who I think Harry will pick, but this would be my team for today if fitness was not an issue:

GK - Ryan Brown
RB - Blaine Rowe
LB - Jack Kelly
CB - Sam Griffiths
CB - Callam Mendez-Jones
RW - Daniel Gyasi
CM - James Carvell
CM - Tom Thorley
LW - Jai Verma
AM - Joe Thompson
CF - Nathan Delfouneso

S - Kieran Boucher
S - Michael Williams
S - Michael McGrath
S - Rackeem Reid
S - Jake Jervis

No places in the 16 unfortunately for me for Josh Endall, Sam Paddock, Jacob Gwilt, Joe Morley, James McQuilkin, Max Martin or Ahmed Ali.

I think I would play Delfouneso up front with Joe Thompson joining him in attack when we have the ball. Thompson has impressed me more when he has played as a striker rather than as a midfielder and he should play further forward more. Thorley can do the mopping up and Carvell is good with the ball at his feet and can make the play. Get the ball out wide to the wingers to get some crosses in and for Thompson to support Delfouneso.
I think Endall has had too many chances now and he needs to be taken out for a bit. Mendez-Jones when fit, which I know is not very often, has always been an excellent defender when we’ve been able to get him on the pitch. With the number of players who I have not been able to fit in the 16 it just shows the wide range of options that Harry has available and as Perton has said on another thread there can’t be any excuses anymore.
Rowe and Jervis can't play apparently
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I can't see the logic of dropping Boucher. Brown probably hasn't played much lately. I would play Ali in midfield as he wins headers which Thorley and Macca don't.

Today will be a tough game and getting the formation right is important. I wouldn't play Gyasi personally as he is a luxury we can't afford and I'd play Reid and verma on the wings as both work hard and are more inclined to track back
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

shyte
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

how long do we have to wait to get rid of these two idiots
update prayers answered thank you
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN(0) 0 - 1 (0)MOSSLEY

(yellowcard) : Ali, Kelly,

Official (crows) : 735
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

That was awful today, don’t think we had a shot on target until injury time. Really poor, no effort by the players. We’re relying on reprieves to stay up as we won’t turn around a 5 point deficit.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

its about time the club had the balls to sack them
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Foxinthebox wrote: Sat Feb 17 2024 5:24 pm That was awful today, don’t think we had a shot on target until injury time. Really poor, no effort by the players. We’re relying on reprieves to stay up as we won’t turn around a 5 point deficit.
i cant see were a reprieve is coming from ?
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Honest opinion of today, we was bullied all over the pitch, formation needs to change asap, one stricker is not working when we do get hold of the ball in the final third we run out of options, we then switch the play and give the ball away. Something needs to change in the middle of the park or its gonna be a miserable end to the season.

We are a good 8pts away from trafford who are the only team that end of the table that match our games played.

Im still keeping my hope that we will stay up but its very hard to keep the faith.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

First thing I did when I got home was to check how Northwich, Grantham, Erith & Belevdere and Gresley had got on. Fortunately all lost - that's the depths we have sunk to now.

Thought today was desperate. All we had to show were two headers - one which hit the bar and the other which was tipped over the bar. No shots on target from open play.

We are too easy to play against. Gyasi continues to offer too little, Verma got passed his man on a few occasions , but the ball into the box never found a team mate and our number 9 looks isolated.

A change of approach is needed with two playing up top and adding more solidity in the middle of the pitch. Once again we didn't pick up second balls in the middle of the pitch and other than the outstanding McGrath, we have an error or two in us in defence. The first half an hour was horrible to watch as we were made to look pedestrian by an average opponent.

The goal was a carbon copy of so many we have conceded this season - mistake in midfield, ball gets knocked to a bloke on the wing who then smashes a shot into the corner with no apparent challenge to stop him doing this.

I'm not a huge fan of Harris as I think he is hasn't got it tactically, is too loyal to certain players and starts with the wrong XI. Martin should have been taken off at half time as he was chasing shadows, Gyasi was anonymous and we only looked better when the lively Reid came on.

I'm not for sacking him, but should we not stay up then I'd be tempted to make a change for next season as we have the players at our disposal. Simple fact is that we aren't being set up correctly and the midfield is an obvious weakness which doesn't appear to be a focus of attention.

We need 4 wins to get 35 points which should get a reprieve, but games are running out and we've lost some six pointers recently.

Very poor again!
TMVP

Post by TMVP »

post match interview

Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Feb 17 2024 7:02 pm First thing I did when I got home was to check how Northwich, Grantham, Erith & Belevdere and Gresley had got on. Fortunately all lost - that's the depths we have sunk to now.

Thought today was desperate. All we had to show were two headers - one which hit the bar and the other which was tipped over the bar. No shots on target from open play.

We are too easy to play against. Gyasi continues to offer too little, Verma got passed his man on a few occasions , but the ball into the box never found a team mate and our number 9 looks isolated.

A change of approach is needed with two playing up top and adding more solidity in the middle of the pitch. Once again we didn't pick up second balls in the middle of the pitch and other than the outstanding McGrath, we have an error or two in us in defence. The first half an hour was horrible to watch as we were made to look pedestrian by an average opponent.

The goal was a carbon copy of so many we have conceded this season - mistake in midfield, ball gets knocked to a bloke on the wing who then smashes a shot into the corner with no apparent challenge to stop him doing this.

I'm not a huge fan of Harris as I think he is hasn't got it tactically, is too loyal to certain players and starts with the wrong XI. Martin should have been taken off at half time as he was chasing shadows, Gyasi was anonymous and we only looked better when the lively Reid came on.

I'm not for sacking him, but should we not stay up then I'd be tempted to make a change for next season as we have the players at our disposal. Simple fact is that we aren't being set up correctly and the midfield is an obvious weakness which doesn't appear to be a focus of attention.

We need 4 wins to get 35 points which should get a reprieve, but games are running out and we've lost some six pointers recently.

Very poor again!

Agree completley perton, Although i do feel Harry harris coming in half way through the season and without a decent pre season hasnt had a fair crack of the whip. The guy is a grafter and if we can see it through till next season i do believe he will improve us for next season
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

they won't be here next season hopefully
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

All hope of getting out of the bottom two is lost after that shambolic performance.
We don’t get enough out of midfield - we had Thorley, Ali and Martin in there and none of them do anywhere near enough. Verma has been poor the last three games as clubs have worked out all they need to do is stick two players on him and Gyasi is like a headless chicken. Delfouneso had no service as one would expect and spent part of the game coming to the halfway line just to get involved. I’m almost certain Erling Haaland wouldn’t score any goals playing in this team.
Defensively we were ok, Griffiths played well overall but stood off his man for the winner and McGrath and Mendez-Jones played well. Kelly has a good cross on him but is weak defensively although it didn’t show too much today. We have no pattern to our play, we are too slow, Thorley and Ali spend far too much time passing the ball backwards and it’s all so easy to play against us. A big disappointment for me was our first two subs were defensive ones - Endall and McQuilkin were brought on when we needed something or someone to get us a goal.
I’ve heard the new owners have loftily ambitions and have targeted a number of promotions (I don’t believe everything people tell me but that’s one thing I have been told) and if that’s the case it’s highly likely that they’ll need to appoint a new manager over the summer.