Hanley Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Hanley Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Friday 02 February 2024 - kick-off time: 7:45pm
Venue: Potteries Park, Abbey Lane, Bucknall, Stoke-on-Trent ST2 8AJ
Link to opponents official website: https://www.hanley-townfc.co.uk/

Admission prices:
£ 10 Adults
£ 5 Concessions
FREE Under 10s

£2 Programme
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Lee K

Re: Hanley Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Lee K »

Prices:

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

They'll be lucky to get 200 and half of those will be from Hednesford. Someone told me at the last home game that the police had requested that the Hanley game be moved to avoid a clash with Stoke.
April Fool's Day has clearly come early.

I think we have to win this game and those against Mossley, Northwich and Vauxhall Motors in order to stay up.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Match preview.. Happy memories of that previous Friday night game..

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2024/0 ... q70B1UjaVg
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Half-time 1-1
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Full Time

Hanley Town 3-1 Hednesford Town

(crows) 340
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Time to get rid of these two muppets all this they have good contacts is a crock of shyte
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

sheriff wrote: Fri Feb 02 2024 9:49 pm Time to get rid of these two muppets all this they have good contacts is a crock of shyte
You’ve made good time getting back from the game.

If we sack Harris who do we bring in?
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

Well that was a dire performance from back to front. There are a lot of things to say but one thing summed it up for me.

If I was involved in this team, one of my main messages would be "give the ball to Jai Verma". I was stood on the half way line on his side in the first half and he literally did not touch the ball for the first 25 minutes. I don't mean he didn't do much, was quiet or didn't see much of the ball. He literally did not touch it. He's the best player by a mile. That tells me a lot about the thinking going on in that team.

Another would be "don't concede an early goal"....

Hanley was pretty ramshackle. They clearly say on their website they have oatcakes. "No we haven't done them in years". Chips please. "Sorry the fryer's broken. Oh and don't look on the board for what else we've got, the person last season wrote that". Banging techno at full throttle in the bar. A toilet open for all to see.

If we don't finish in the bottom two I'll be amazed. The good run has gone. 11 conceded in three games. Enjoy the rest of the season. Maybe see you at Northwich.
Stuart Bowman
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A really poor evening. Yes, Verma did not touch the ball in the first 25 minutes and the reason for this is that the ball was like a hot potato when we got it. There was no pattern to the play other than to knock it sideways at a pedestrian pace at times and then play each other into trouble when we tried to do anything remotely positive.

Each goal we conceded was given away cheaply. I couldn't see who was responsible for the poor header that saw the ball drop to their unmarked bloke for the first goal, but Kelly was in no man's land (as he was for the second) and the third was down to Tom Thorley playing an awful pass toward Macca - 5 seconds later it was in the net.

We were second to everything (just like last Saturday) and seem incapable of anticipating anything. The midfield was a shambles, Boothe was a total passenger up top and the defence seemed content to allow opponents plenty of space to run at us. Contrast this with tight man-for-man marking which denied Verma space to turn whenever the ball got to him.

We started both halves really badly and despite having a dominant 25 minutes we couldn't score the crucial goal. It is fine margins, but we need people to be on the end of crosses and generally calmer in front of goal. Hanley had this as they created a handful of chances and scored 3 of them.

It really is down to basics and we aren't good at them.

We got it wrong with our substitutions - thorley had a nightmare, but somehow saw the game out, Macca was bought on to replace Martin in a direct swap to provide energy, but 10 minutes later Williams is taken off and he is shunted to right back.

A poor defeat at a tinpot club with a tinpot set-up. That's what we've become now and it will be really hard to see us finish outside the bottom two and we will rely on City of Liverpool being kicked out over alleged unpaid ground rent to Bootle or someone else going bust. THat assumes we finish above Northwich of course.

At the end the players (unwisely) came over to us and one or two people told them what they thought and this led to a bit of a debate which could have turned ugly. Cracks are starting to appear now and on this evidence we will do well to get 36 points and I doubt that will be enough.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I can't really comment as I wasn't at the game. But what I do find disappointing is the fact that of the sixteen on the team sheet NINE have played regularly at STEP 3 or above. With that experience I'm afraid these results are unacceptable.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I’m not going to bother with much of a review of this one. Poor performance as suggested by the scoreline and only Rackeem Reid (a player on dual reg I should add) looked up for the fight. Yes we hit the post in the second half and had a couple cleared off the line but overall it was an extremely poor evening for everyone involved.
At least we (the fans I mean) have two weeks until our next game so we can have a bit of a break.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

sheriff

Post by sheriff »

this seasons over we need to plan for the future from step five, if the owners are watching you need to lay out some serious cash if you plan for a good future
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Agreed about the unpretentious setup at Hanley... After a nightmare parking on residential streets (which I hate doing) you end up walking past a massive locked car park next to the pitch! Seemed a bit weird but must be a good reason... Or somebody forgot the key.

For what it's worth the Hanley fans around us were saying that Hednesford deserved to win towards the end, but that means nothing if the results don't happen.

Gutted really: Stone Old Alleynians is a real possibility in our league next year now and they're my very local team. Never in a million years did I think this might happen given the difference in pedigree, and they've already beaten us reasonably recently in a cup match!
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Its time we get a striker in that can find the net, anyone know whats happening with will mellors blair he seemed to have a flair about him in and around the box.

Must admit dont feel optimistic about the end of season, but do feel the improvements and recruitment from harris and hinksy has been what we need.

⚪️⚫️⚽️UTP
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Lee K wrote: Sat Feb 03 2024 8:14 am
we haven't that many we go agains left Harry
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Arrows87 wrote: Sat Feb 03 2024 11:00 am Its time we get a striker in that can find the net, anyone know whats happening with will mellors blair he seemed to have a flair about him in and around the box.

Must admit dont feel optimistic about the end of season, but do feel the improvements and recruitment from harris and hinksy has been what we need.

⚪️⚫️⚽️UTP
Trouble is we have decent players, but there is no cohesion and therefore no clear plan.
Del

Post by Del »

Arrows87 wrote: Sat Feb 03 2024 11:00 am Its time we get a striker in that can find the net, anyone know whats happening with will mellors blair he seemed to have a flair about him in and around the box.

⚪️⚫️⚽️UTP
Mellors-Blair .. he came, he played, he disappeared!!
Players come and go these days without anyone seemingly knowing! :mrgreen:
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Thanks for your replys guys,

Check this out my mate made it for me

⚪️⚫️⚽️UTP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

Frustrating night last night, we had more than enough chances to win last night. Hit the post, had shots cleared off the line, but we are conceding such poor goals and that’s been our problem all season.

I see the Harry out brigade were out on Facebook last night, that is not the answer. Harry will get it right but it’s not an overnight fix. I feel after last night we could well be relying on teams going bust to save us, by the time we next play I expect us to be 4 points off Trafford as one of their games is against Northwich next weekend.

Onto Tuesday night against Romulus!
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

How many times does he need to get it right he has been here since last October
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Johnny_91 wrote: Sat Feb 03 2024 12:53 pm Frustrating night last night, we had more than enough chances to win last night. Hit the post, had shots cleared off the line, but we are conceding such poor goals and that’s been our problem all season.

I see the Harry out brigade were out on Facebook last night, that is not the answer. Harry will get it right but it’s not an overnight fix. I feel after last night we could well be relying on teams going bust to save us, by the time we next play I expect us to be 4 points off Trafford as one of their games is against Northwich next weekend.

Onto Tuesday night against Romulus!
Agree completley, a goal scorer is all we need, if the ones of the post and line would have hit the net, it would of changed the dynamic completely a bit like the widnes home game.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Latest live table
Screenshot_20240203_153020_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Feb 03 2024 3:32 pm Latest live tableScreenshot_20240203_153020_Chrome.jpg
Do we have a similar app if we went down to step 5 :shock: