City of Liverpool FC (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

City of Liverpool FC (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 27 January 2024 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

TODAY`S MATCH SPONSORS : WHITEHOUSE FOODS LTD
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: City of Liverpool FC (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Perton Pitman »

The point has been made elsewhere that the last 6 or 7 games of the season are very tough, so if we are to finish outside the bottom two then this game and the 5 that follow will be of critical importance.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Jan 25 2024 11:36 am The point has been made elsewhere that the last 6 or 7 games of the season are very tough, so if we are to finish outside the bottom two then this game and the 5 that follow will be of critical importance.
We’re 4th in the form table. We don’t fear anyone…
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

If we are progress we need a new management team these pair are not good enough
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

Disgraceful
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN(1) 1 - 5 (1)CITY OF LIVERPOOL

(yellowcard) : Ali, Reid,

Official (crows) : 748
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

It became evident quite quickly that both teams strength was going forward, with both sides looking shaky at the back. I thought the first half was pretty even, with them having one cleared off the line and then us gifting them an equaliser. I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve done that this season.

Second half we completely capitulated with their 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals all being preventable. That second half is one of the worst halves we’ve produced this season and we got what we deserved.

We need to draw a line under today and move onto a very important game at Hanley on Friday. 2 losses in the last 8 league games is nowhere near relegation form, but we need to massively improve from todays second half and try to get as many points as possible on the board ASAP. Otherwise, the longer we sit in our current position, the greater the pressure will get.

Comments calling for another management change are nothing short of laughable. Get to the game and back your team, instead of sitting behind your keyboard making ludicrous statements.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm not on social media and so I don't know what people are saying about the management team, but the last thing we need is to press the panic button. I'm struggling to think of anyone- other than MacDonald and the bloke who cleared off to Buxton (sorry, his name escapes me as I type this) - who has been appointed to replace a manager and done a half decent job.
We have to get behind the new owners, Harry Harris and the rest of the club. Support at games has been tremendous this season and I'm glad that the fans in the ground today didn't boo and kept their opinions to themselves instead.
Today was up there with the display against Clitheroe and Prescot. Liverpool had some experience and quality in their team and it showed with a lively frontline and a savvy midfield. I guess you put together a quality squad like that if you don't pay your landlord (just joking folks)
I'm afraid William, Sutton and Endall have had shaky games at times this season and committed errors that have led to goals. Today was no different with a poor header from Sutton dropping us in it leading to a goal, a cock-up arising from a ball over the top for the first and Williams being easily turned inside out for another. Add to that the dreadful second goal, where the ponderous Boothe held on to the ball too long, leading to another ball over the top saw Boucher come flying out of his goal into no-man's land only to be rounded by the scorer. I reckon the time it took from Boothe being robbed to the ball being in our net was 5 or 6 seconds.
Radical changes in defence are needed as too many individual errors lead to goals, we are very shaky when the ball is knocked over the top into space and the art of man-marking seems to have deserted us. Not sure what can be done, but we also need to look at the number 9 shirt as we haven't found anyone good enough to fill Danny Glover's boots.
Martin showed good energy when he came on and he must start on Friday as should Gyasi on the right. Probably worth playing Reid down the middle . WHen we do attack we move the ball slowly, players take too many touches and there is no purpose to what we do. Liverpool played with a bit of pace and directness and we couldn't deal with it.
We have to beat Hanley and then Mossley. Get 6 points from those games and things will look better, but we lost ground on Trafford today as they ground a draw out.
We caved in today and it wasn't acceptable, but we've been here before many times this season and I'm sure this will be repeated again at some point.
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Jan 27 2024 7:02 pm I'm not on social media and so I don't know what people are saying about the management team, but the last thing we need is to press the panic button. I'm struggling to think of anyone- other than MacDonald and the bloke who cleared off to Buxton (sorry, his name escapes me as I type this) - who has been appointed to replace a manager and done a half decent job.
We have to get behind the new owners, Harry Harris and the rest of the club. Support at games has been tremendous this season and I'm glad that the fans in the ground today didn't boo and kept their opinions to themselves instead.
Today was up there with the display against Clitheroe and Prescot. Liverpool had some experience and quality in their team and it showed with a lively frontline and a savvy midfield. I guess you put together a quality squad like that if you don't pay your landlord (just joking folks)
I'm afraid William, Sutton and Endall have had shaky games at times this season and committed errors that have led to goals. Today was no different with a poor header from Sutton dropping us in it leading to a goal, a cock-up arising from a ball over the top for the first and Williams being easily turned inside out for another. Add to that the dreadful second goal, where the ponderous Boothe held on to the ball too long, leading to another ball over the top saw Boucher come flying out of his goal into no-man's land only to be rounded by the scorer. I reckon the time it took from Boothe being robbed to the ball being in our net was 5 or 6 seconds.
Radical changes in defence are needed as too many individual errors lead to goals, we are very shaky when the ball is knocked over the top into space and the art of man-marking seems to have deserted us. Not sure what can be done, but we also need to look at the number 9 shirt as we haven't found anyone good enough to fill Danny Glover's boots.
Martin showed good energy when he came on and he must start on Friday as should Gyasi on the right. Probably worth playing Reid down the middle . WHen we do attack we move the ball slowly, players take too many touches and there is no purpose to what we do. Liverpool played with a bit of pace and directness and we couldn't deal with it.
We have to beat Hanley and then Mossley. Get 6 points from those games and things will look better, but we lost ground on Trafford today as they ground a draw out.
We caved in today and it wasn't acceptable, but we've been here before many times this season and I'm sure this will be repeated again at some point.
My management change quote was aimed at a post on this thread.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

akb junior wrote: Sat Jan 27 2024 7:10 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Sat Jan 27 2024 7:02 pm I'm not on social media and so I don't know what people are saying about the management team, but the last thing we need is to press the panic button. I'm struggling to think of anyone- other than MacDonald and the bloke who cleared off to Buxton (sorry, his name escapes me as I type this) - who has been appointed to replace a manager and done a half decent job.
My management change quote was aimed at a post on this thread.
Sorry - I hadn't scrolled up! I think we should ignore the comment as every time we lose a game there is a call for the manager to be sacked.

Forgot to mention that it was a blow to see Kelly go off with what looked like another nasty injury. He has been our best defender this season, one of most consistent performers and he puts good quality set pieces into the opposition penalty box. He will be badly missed if the injury keeps him out of action.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Gary Hayward is the name you are after Perton.

First half was decent enough but thought we should have pushed on more after we scored and we didn’t. We let them back into it and they scored just before half time. The second half was an absolute shambles all over the pitch.
Boucher had a nightmare. He probably should have done better with 4 of the goals but defenders in front of him were woefully poor too.
I didn’t understand taking Boothe off to move Reid up front. He’s not a striker, he’s played against us countless times in the past all on the wing and never up front. Gyasi and Martin came on and did give us more energy going forward and I agree both must start on Friday. And today goes to show what can happen when Jai has an off day.
I may be in a minority here but Ahmed Ali isn’t the player I thought he was going to be. He’s ok with the ball and is good in the air, but when he/we don’t have the ball he strolls around in midfield and doesn’t put much of a shift in. Maybe I’m being too harsh I don’t know.
There isn’t any mention on Facebook about the manager being removed. It’s a sheriff-only wish as far as I can see. This season is all about finishing above Trafford. Other clubs are picking up wins here and there, some still have a number of games in hand and despite a last minute equaliser Newcastle have gone berserk since we beat them and got a new manager.
Despite us giving them goals I thought Liverpool were a good side. They did the simple things well and punished our poor keeper/defence. It was also good to see their flags and some vocal fans - well done to them.
I can’t go to the Staffs Senior Cup game on Tuesday but I’m looking forward to going to Hanley. It’s a very basic ground with a small stand and hardly anything else but having spent the majority of three years living in the city whilst at uni many years ago I’ve always had a soft spot for the Stokies and their football clubs.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

can someone tell me what the management team have done since their takeover or am I missing something
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... t-division
when was the last time we lost by five at home
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 1:59 am can someone tell me what the management team have done since their takeover or am I missing something

Here's your answer
Screenshot_20240128_075440_Chrome.jpg
Also look where City of Liverpool are in that table.
Glover had 13 games and lost 8 of them gaining just six points. If we'd have had that current points return from the start of the season we'd be joint 4th on 39 points with Stalybridge and in the play offs.

Obviously there has been no improvement.

Take a chill pill and study facts before you post again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Their league record is won 4, drawn 5 and lost 5 therefore achieving 17 points from 14 games, as opposed to the 6 points from 12 games under Danny Glover.
The average so far of 1.21 points per game averaged over the whole season would see us have 46 points and last season would have seen us finish 12th in this league. It could be argued their points tally would have been higher had they had not had to come in and inherit the squad Danny left behind.
The second half performance yesterday was really poor but we had won all of the 3 home games before it. They are doing a decent job!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 8:03 am Their league record is won 4, drawn 5 and lost 5 therefore achieving 17 points from 14 games, as opposed to the 6 points from 12 games under Danny Glover.
The average so far of 1.21 points per game averaged over the whole season would see us have 46 points and last season would have seen us finish 12th in this league. It could be argued their points tally would have been higher had they had not had to come in and inherit the squad Danny left behind.
The second half performance yesterday was really poor but we had won all of the 3 home games before it. They are doing a decent job!
Great minds see my post.
Some people are so infuriating.😃
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Completely agree with the above. Was yesterdays second half performance disappointing? Yes of course it was as. But overall the management are doing a decent job.

If we win our next two against Hanley and Mossley, which realistically we can do, we will be in a better position than we currently are. I know we have a number of what should be tougher games on paper before the end of the season, but when you look at results in this league it should be possible for us to pick up some ‘bonus’ points against the teams higher up the table. The key is beating the likes of Hanley, Mossley and Northwich.

I’m sure there will be plenty of twists and turns between now and the end of the season.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

COL are no pushovers away from home.

They have been to Runcorn and Clitheroe and got wins there so them coming to a bottom 2 team and winning isn’t a shock.

The shock I think is how they won! How we offered nothing in the 2nd half but man, people calling for a management change, don’t make me laugh!

Our form since Harry took over is clear to see, the only problem is as our form got better, so did Trafford’s and a few of the teams around us.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 8:02 am
sheriff wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 1:59 am can someone tell me what the management team have done since their takeover or am I missing something

Here's your answer

Glover had 13 games and lost 8 of them gaining just six points. If we'd have had that current points return from the start of the season we'd be joint 4th on 39 points with Stalybridge and in the play offs.

the facts are we second from bottom
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

sheriff wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 9:40 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Jan 28 2024 8:02 am

Here's your answer

the facts are we second from bottom
And most of that is because of what happened before the current management team took over, as clearly explained above by a number of posters.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

I the budget has been upped so I've been told
TomR

Post by TomR »

Rackeem Reid...hate to single out the new guy in the number 10 shirt but his attitude seemed to stink; theatrical diving in places, getting into arguments that were not needed and only putting in the effort when the ball was given to him. Also heard him badmouthing other players as he passed the dugout.

I hope this was him trying to show off and not really hitting the mark and we will see improvements in his attitude, if not, he needs to go.

Kieran Boucher had a bit of a stinker this game which is unlike him; he seems to have promise but made a few too many faux pas this time around...if you're going to come out of the box, you need to charge full steam ahead and intimidate the other player!
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

TomR wrote: Mon Jan 29 2024 10:09 am Rackeem Reid...hate to single out the new guy in the number 10 shirt but his attitude seemed to stink; theatrical diving in places, getting into arguments that were not needed and only putting in the effort when the ball was given to him. Also heard him badmouthing other players as he passed the dugout.

I hope this was him trying to show off and not really hitting the mark and we will see improvements in his attitude, if not, he needs to go.

Kieran Boucher had a bit of a stinker this game which is unlike him; he seems to have promise but made a few too many faux pas this time around...if you're going to come out of the box, you need to charge full steam ahead and intimidate the other player!
Whilst I didn’t think I saw that much from him on Saturday, it shouldn’t be a surprise if Rackeem Reid does dive because he’s definitely done it numerous times against us when playing for Rushall and Stourbridge over the years!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

In defence of Reid, I heard him encouraging his team mates not to let their heads drop even after the 5th goal went in.

Name me a player that doesn't dive by the way!