The Run In

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

The Run In

Post by PitmanKeith »

27th Jan CITY OF L'POOL W
2nd Feb Hanley Town D
17th Feb MOSSLEY W
24th Feb Runcorn Linnets L
2nd Mar V'HALL MOTORS W
16th Mar 1874 Northwich W
23rd Mar LEEK TOWN L
30th Mar WITTON ALBION D
1st Apr Nantwich Town D
6th Apr Prescot Cables L
13th Apr AVRO W
20th Apr Clitheroe L
27th Apr BOOTLE W

Home games in capitals

My predictions included

I reckon we need to find 17 points. My predictions give us 21.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
akb junior

Re: The Run In

Post by akb junior »

CITY OF LIVERPOOL - draw
Hanley Town - win
MOSSLEY - win
Runcorn Linnets - lose
VAUXHALL MOTORS - win
1874 Northwich - win
LEEK TOWN - lose
WITTON ALBION - lose
Nantwich Town - win
Prescot Cables - lose
AVRO - lose
Clitheroe - lose
BOOTLE - draw

I predict we’ll get 17. Whether that’ll be enough to keep us up I don’t know. However, the results in this league are absolutely mental, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the above was completely wide of the mark.

With how performances have improved surely there are two worse teams than us. But I suppose we’ll have to wait and see.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Although I think we will stay up it will be tight. Northwich look dead and buried but everyone else is picking up points and even Newcastle have won their last two games since their new manager came in.
It’ll be interesting to see where we are once the other teams have made up their games in hand which I think should be around 10th Feb and Newcastle and Nantwich both play twice before we play again.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think we'll do well to get more than 18 points from the remaining games. Let's hope that's enough, but as things stand it is between us , Trafford and Vauxhall Motors. A clutch of teams have made it to 28 points after tonight's win for Nantwich.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

We simply can't worry about what teams around us are doing it is out of our hands. We just need to pick up as many points as we can from our remaining thirteen games.
It's a mad league with only 10 points separating us in 19th and Clutheroe in 7th. Between now and the end of the season there will be many more teams sucked into the battle its not just Trafford and Vauxhall Motors.
We only have to get one more point than two others sides and I'm confident of doing that on recent results, the mess we are in stems from the first 2-3 months not how it is now.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Listed here is the projection spreadsheet for the constitution of the league for 2024/25 from the excellent Non League Matters site. It is interesting to note that we are highlighted in purple which signifies a reprieve for the team finishing next to bottom, I am currently trying to find out why this is the case.
Red highlighting signifies teams relegated from step 3 and Green highlighting teams promoted from Step 5.
That will be one tough league.
Screenshot_20240116_105516_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240116_105526_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 5:46 am Listed here is the projection spreadsheet for the constitution of the league for 2024/25 from the excellent Non League Matters site. It is interesting to note that we are highlighted in purple which signifies a reprieve for the team finishing next to bottom, I am currently trying to find out why this is the case.
Red highlighting signifies teams relegated from step 3 and Green highlighting teams promoted from Step 5.

That looks a tough league with plenty of clubs that will be well funded.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 6:28 am
PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 5:46 am Listed here is the projection spreadsheet for the constitution of the league for 2024/25 from the excellent Non League Matters site. It is interesting to note that we are highlighted in purple which signifies a reprieve for the team finishing next to bottom, I am currently trying to find out why this is the case.

Very interesting, but obviously we can't rely in a reprieve there will be enormous certainty around this. I'm aware that the Southern League SOuth (step 4) is operating with one less team than it should and obviously Marske have gone. There is probably uncertainty around some clubs at step 4 as usually someone asks for demotion or they are relegated due to concerns over their facilities.
One contributory factor is that the division we are in is being expanded to 22 teams next season.
I had hoped that with Congleton and Strangers both likely to be at step 4 next season we would get shunted to the NPL Midland. This is a weaker league in my view and there are plenty of local games to go to, but a lot can change...
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

The reprieve will be down to Marske I imagine, the best placed 2nd bottom team out of the three northern step 4 divisions will get the reprieve and that is currently us.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Johnny_91 wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 7:17 am The reprieve will be down to Marske I imagine, the best placed 2nd bottom team out of the three northern step 4 divisions will get the reprieve and that is currently us.
Yes that's what I've assumed but I am awaiting confirmation from those that are in the know.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 6:29 am
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Jan 17 2024 6:28 am

Very interesting, but obviously we can't rely in a reprieve there will be enormous certainty around this. I'm aware that the Southern League SOuth (step 4) is operating with one less team than it should and obviously Marske have gone. There is probably uncertainty around some clubs at step 4 as usually someone asks for demotion or they are relegated due to concerns over their facilities.
One contributory factor is that the division we are in is being expanded to 22 teams next season.
I had hoped that with Congleton and Strangers both likely to be at step 4 next season we would get shunted to the NPL Midland. This is a weaker league in my view and there are plenty of local games to go to, but a lot can change...
Placement will depend on clubs switching leagues at the same level I would think. Long Eaton, Spalding and Belper are projected for the NPL Midlands and could be candidates for moving East, however you have to then find clubs to move East to West and there just aren't any. So as I see it if we survive it will be another season in the NPL West.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Nuneaton have gone which possibly improves the chances a reprieve
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

There’s still been no official communication from the club about the Hanley game being moved to the Friday night. Some of the idiots on Facebook will probably still not know despite it only being a couple of weeks away.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Lee K wrote: Fri Jan 19 2024 11:52 am There’s still been no official communication from the club about the Hanley game being moved to the Friday night. Some of the idiots on Facebook will probably still not know despite it only being a couple of weeks away.

It is on the official website fixtures as Fri though to be fair

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/fixtures
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Kidsgrove Ath

Clitheroe
Widnes
City of Liverpool
Trafford
Stalybridge Celtic

Trafford

Avro
Vauxhall Motors
Witton Albion
Kidsgrove Ath
Prescot Cables

Hednesford

Nantwich
Prescot Cables
Avro
Clitheroe
Bootle
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Apparently the talk is that Kidsgrove will be the team to catch as after sacking their manager, they are down to a playing squad of only 13 players
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

pitmanpipe wrote: Sun Mar 31 2024 9:20 am Apparently the talk is that Kidsgrove will be the team to catch as after sacking their manager, they are down to a playing squad of only 13 players
It's been an astonishing season for Kidsgrove they started their league campaign with seven straight wins scoring goals for fun and on Sept the 16th they were 8 points clear at the top, only 15 points in 26 games since.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣