What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

Post by PitmanKeith »

For me it's the following:

1. Media platforms need a complete overhaul, as does the club website. The shift made by previous owners to FB for main line of communication has to stop. The official website of all non league clubs is and rightly should be the go to place for club updates and news.
Regarding media let's get Dan Lomas back with his highlights packages, that's a no brainer.

2. Function rooms need to be used 3-4 days a week 52 weeks a year hiring of these is the lifeblood of clubs at our level.
An overhaul of the commercial side of things has started with Terry Brumpton returning and he must be allowed to continue this by being given full overhaul control of all things commercial that brings revenue into the club.

3. I don't know how many times we've said this in the past but supporters need to be embraced and not treated as an inconvenience. I saw a post on FB the other day where someone asked why match previews couldn't include more information and were in fact useless, the answer came back from a club volunteer, "well don't read them then". This shouldnt happen and needs to stop. Ideas and thoughts should be actioned on not dismissed out of hand.

Well that's a few to start us off.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Re: What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

Post by sheriff »

function rooms need to be priced at a social club price with decent priced beer
4G pitch
own food shack like what Halesowen have
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Re: What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

Post by Del »

Interesting new topic here.
Obviously being situated away from the Club by a considerable distance I am only able to really comment on one topic .. which Keith has posted at number one in the charts!

MEDIA

In a chap called DAN LOMAS we had fantastic match videos from nearly all home and away games. These he edited and posted on the forum. Now we seem subject to mobile phone clips on Twitter and Facebook which seem to be usually filmed from the furthest point possible, making it pretty impossible to make much out.
Dan was brilliant, so why did he leave the Club and surely we can get a replacement in.

Match day commentary for all away games should be possible now. I appreciate all Dave Chamberlain does when he is able to attend away matches, but all too often he has other engagements and we are left with the briefest of Twitter updates, many of those being forwarded from the opposition's Tweets,
When we saw a Social Media Manager's name appear on the Club info list I think we all thought things were on the up - sadly no (what does he actually do ... anyone?)

So as a long standing, long distance supporter - that is my five pennyworth into the post.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I agree with the comment about the website. The club should do better as it should be the main method of communication with fans and others who wish to find more out about the club.

I'd also wish to see us replicate what Dan did in filming games and posting highlights - not everyone can get to all games, especially those away from home.

THe club shop needs to stock more products. Scarves and hats have sold out really quickly and the club could take advantage of the increased interest from fans this season and sell more merchandise. It's great to see that so many people are wearing black and white scarves and hats, but my lad has been to the shop before the last 2 games and there is very little in there and he wants to buy a scarf.

The commercial side is going well - thanks to Terry B and we should build on this.

I don't like 4G pitches, but the club should install one if it can and build up the junior side of things. If we have a 4G pitch the club can truly become a community asset and generate income. Local people, if they didn't know it already, would know more about the club.

I'd also like to see plans from the new owners to guarantee the longevity of the club. We can't be at the mercy of one or two individuals and their ability to put money in. I've no idea what this would look like, but the club needs to be around in another 140 odd years.
:scratchhead:
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

I think we need to do more within the local community. How about a fixtures board somewhere in hednesford high street for a start or posters in local shops, i was wearing my shirt the other day when a neighbour said what team is that, i replied hednesford of course they was shocked hednesford had a team only lived in the town 10 years.

Refernce the media and online side this does need looking at, maybe even incooprating the local colleges/schools they teach media and photography nowadays lets invite the schools to take some match photos and broaden our fanbase.

Id like to hear the long term aspirations of the new owners and what ambitions they have for the club.

The shop and online shop is a bit of a joke to be honest should be able to get some merchandise easily in this day and age, the hoodies and fleeces the players wear should be made availble in the shop or atleast a pre order option online and then await delivery like the club shirts at the start of season.

I remember being at school and coming home every now and then with a free match day ticket if accompined by a paying adult little things like that always help. We are a community in hednesford on and off the pitch so lets show it.

The outdoor bars were good at chasetown as were the little seating area outside the snack/bar van its the details that make the differnce to the whole match day experince.

Oh and of course soap/liquid soap in the toilets would be nice.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

To improve away day match coverage we need volunteers who are able to travel and willing to have a go at twitter (X) or Pitmen Radio. As Del said I can't get to every away game due to work and family. We have advertised for volunteers in the programme in the past and probably need to do it again. I am more than happy to show anyone the ropes who's willing to have a go.

With regards the match previews, the lack of info re injuries and suspensions is not the fault of the author, who in my view produces well written articles using the information available. I will look into the possibility of getting more updates on injuries etc... to include in future previews.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Dave C wrote: Sun Jan 07 2024 2:14 pm To improve away day match coverage we need volunteers who are able to travel and willing to have a go at twitter (X) or Pitmen Radio. As Del said I can't get to every away game due to work and family. We have advertised for volunteers in the programme in the past and probably need to do it again. I am more than happy to show anyone the ropes who's willing to have a go.

With regards the match previews, the lack of info re injuries and suspensions is not the fault of the author, who in my view produces well written articles using the information available. I will look into the possibility of getting more updates on injuries etc... to include in future previews.
Appreciate your input Dave.

Folks Dave has needed help for a long while here's your opportunity to get involved.

I've been involved in the past and it's very satisfying when you know your playing a part in your local club.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
njp

Post by njp »

1. We should be getting the same posts across all social media platforms. Personally I think twitter is rubbish and have not used it for years. Would it really take that much time to also post stuff to FB and instagram so everybody can be kept in the loop?

2. As much as I like the guys who run the food trucks I do think we are severely lacking in the quality of food when you look at clubs in the area who are doing something different and doing it in house

3. The biggest one for me is the club providing more clarity in regards to signings, departures, the players who seem to go missing for games in a more timely manner as often we have to find out from other sources that they have been on loan, dual reg, left. It has been like this for a long time now and I think this point and my first point could be achieved very easily with some kind of social media manager that sorts out all of the platforms across the internet!
:lol:
Del

Post by Del »

njp wrote: Sun Jan 07 2024 2:37 pm 3. The biggest one for me is the club providing more clarity in regards to signings, departures, the players who seem to go missing for games in a more timely manner as often we have to find out from other sources that they have been on loan, dual reg, left. It has been like this for a long time now and I think this point and my first point could be achieved very easily with some kind of social media manager that sorts out all of the platforms across the internet!
We have a Social Media Manager!! ... Social Media Manager : Ryan Hillback
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Another thing I've just thought of is I hope something can be done with the car park at the Hednesford end. The mixture of sand and aggregate is an absolute nightmare when wet (most of the time). Cars inside and out end up absolute plastered with it. £3 for the privilege and another £10 to have it all jet washed afterwards.
It really needs a tarmac surface.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Hedfud52

Post by Hedfud52 »

I,m in no rush for changes. Staying in this league and progressing is more important. Than there seems to be demands being made. On the new to be owner,s. Who have not got there feet under the table. Now being told what they need to do. Easy to spend other people,s money. I am sure they have there to do list. Let,s just be thankful they are here. And we can all move in the right direction. Rome was not built in a DAY
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Hedfud52 wrote: Mon Jan 08 2024 9:41 am I,m in no rush for changes. Staying in this league and progressing is more important. Than there seems to be demands being made. On the new to be owner,s. Who have not got there feet under the table. Now being told what they need to do. Easy to spend other people,s money. I am sure they have there to do list. Let,s just be thankful they are here. And we can all move in the right direction. Rome was not built in a DAY
Nobody has asked for the owners to invest silly money in the playing side. Most of the suggestions involve negligible cost - just a case of more cohesive communication and a strategy being put in place to maximise money through the club shop.

The 4G pitch will be heavily influenced by a business case which justifies the investment, i.e. a pay-back over a period of time. If grants can be obtained , partly as a result of a thriving youth set-up then this will help. Many clubs are doing it so the numbers must stack up.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Hedfud52 wrote: Mon Jan 08 2024 9:41 am I,m in no rush for changes. Staying in this league and progressing is more important. Than there seems to be demands being made. On the new to be owner,s. Who have not got there feet under the table. Now being told what they need to do. Easy to spend other people,s money. I am sure they have there to do list. Let,s just be thankful they are here. And we can all move in the right direction. Rome was not built in a DAY
Nobody is making demands, telling them what to do or trying to build Rome in a day, tell me where anyone is saying that.
This topic was started as a discussion amongst supporters on a supporters forum it's what it's here for.
Any new owner, especially at Hednesford where the past record listening to supporters concerns has been dreadful, needs to engage and listen. It never works out if you don't.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

PitmanKeith wrote: Mon Jan 08 2024 6:15 am Another thing I've just thought of is I hope something can be done with the car park at the Hednesford end. The mixture of sand and aggregate is an absolute nightmare when wet (most of the time). Cars inside and out end up absolute plastered with it. £3 for the privilege and another £10 to have it all jet washed afterwards.
It really needs a tarmac surface.
I can't agree more with this!

I work for a tarmac surfacing company and should be able to get a good price for the club if they ever went down that route.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Premier League football in 15 years please let’s take on the Wolves and the Villa!
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Scott

Post by Scott »

Just adding to what other people have said about the filming and posting of highlights. As a long distance supporter these highlights have been well received (despite the results!) over the last few years and have certainly been missed recently. When Jon Hawkins stepped down I remember contacting a few Universities (with mixed success) as we tried to find a new person to take over - certainly worth another ask.

On a similar note - social media. As owners don't get involved in it. More recent custodians decided they wanted to and it created a lopsided landscape. There are now additional channels that are run by different individuals and brand 'HTFC' needs bringing back inside. I understand the TikTok audience and potential reach but a lot of the content is already on YouTube. Make these channels look and read as professional as possible as ultimately they represent the club. I should add that I know how difficult it is to run multiple channels/items at once, so well done to Dave for introducing Pitmen Radio when already juggling other tasks.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread about notice boards. We actually had access to two in Hednesford town centre for a number of years which myself and others used to update with fixtures and events taking place. Sadly the passing of the person who owned them led them being lost. We also used to have a successful fixture distribution system around the whole of the Cannock Chase district. This was led by members of the HTFCSA from 2010 who added them to local shops etc simply by talking to the people in-charge. Something that may have dropped off in recent times.

Overall though, try and enjoy the journey. They'll be ups and downs along the way but don't be hasty in rushing into things when both of these events occur. Good luck!
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

More consistency on social media and better management on social media as well
Would like to see more match photos from games
Keep Terry Brumpton on as commercial manager and have more events on at the club

Finally get Dan back to do highlights/post match interviews and behind the scenes stuff
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

talking of which its gone quiet on the take over
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

I think the last statement said they are expecting mid Jan for either it to go through or the next update
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Fri Jan 12 2024 1:06 pm talking of which its gone quiet on the take over
https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/1 ... ver-update

Mid to late January - patience is a virtue🤣🤣
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

One thing I did notice at Kidsgrove ( I don't usually buy food at games, but the oatcakes looked tempting) was that season ticket holders got circa 10% off the price of food and drinks served at the cafe.
Might be a good idea to bring to Keys Park and the club could always follow the lead of the supermarkets and inflate prices before offering the loyalty discount to 'regulars' :mrgreen:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

well we have past mid January heading towards late January expect to hear something this week ?
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

The post from the club back in December stated mid to late January, so I’d expect us to hear something by the end of next week.
Pitmanchester

Post by Pitmanchester »

For me there are short term and longer term things.

Short term, don't get relegated. So anything the owners can do to prevent that should be a priority.

Then there's the stuff about improving media and communication generally and other points about facilities (catering and car park for instance).

Longer term, I think the club needs to become much more of a community club with strong links to junior (boys and girls) football and to develop, eg, a women's team. The club I'm involved with in Manchester is really reaping the benefit of this with massively increased attendances and profile in the community. It's ridiculous that the club is essentially just one team.

Take firm action on abuse and anti-social behaviour at games.

The Supporters Association used to be a strength with skilled volunteers doing so much for the club. I'd like to see that rebuilt with trust and goodwill from the owners.

And finally I see a real danger in clubs being owned by an individual (or couple in this case). I'd like control to be more in the hands of supporters or at least a committee or board with formal representation of supporters or the SA. So, I'd like to see the Gwilts to move away from full control over time.
Stuart Bowman
Pitmenftw

Post by Pitmenftw »

theres only one thing id like to see regardless of any takeover and thats to ensure the future of the club and say there is zero chance of the ground been sold or wound up just to profit from the land

any sort of statement from any person taking it over would speak volumes on their future outlook for the club

ive know a lot of solicitors like to complete their sales on fridays so fingers crossed for tomorrow or next friday at the earliest to hear more news