What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
TomR

Re: What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

Post by TomR »

I remember as a lad at high school, HTFC gave out free tickets to school students. Free tickets to prospective fans at school would generate some more income from food, drink, shop, etc sales and maybe have them coming back for years to come? Would also add to the support.

Not sure if this is still being done but I don't hear about it from my children. If not, would be a great idea and one that wouldn't cost anything!
BAGGIEBIRD123

Re: What changes or ideas would you like to see when the Gwilts take full control?

Post by BAGGIEBIRD123 »

Hi Tom

Free tickets to schools is under consideration so please watch for forthcoming details
Jduddy37

Post by Jduddy37 »

We need someone to come in and do digital marketing well. Analyse the fixture calendar, when Wolves/WBA/Villa etc are away, ramp up the digital marketing targetting those fans. When it's international break, ramp up the marketing.

We need someone who can A) build a brand and B) knows how to market in a new world
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

has the FA ratification been cleared
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Ross

Post by Ross »

First and foremost get it right on the pitch. Bring in football people to help run the club. Have a philosophy that runs thoughout the club, bring in a manger and players who fit that philosophy.
Then have a very clear 5 year vision and plan that everyone associated to the club including supporters gets behind.

The other thing I would like to see is season tickets scrapped. Instead move to a more modern model that incentivises everyone. Something like the equivalent of a Nando’s rewards card where attend 3 games get a free drink, 5 games get 50% off entrance 10 games free entry. Then have a referral code so everyone you sign up you get double points etc.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think many clubs want a 'vision' and stability, but many clubs struggle to achieve the aims, especially on the footballing side as there are too many variables and too much unpredicatability.

I think we should have a vision for the club in terms of engaging with the community, building on an already impressive fanbase etc. If we get this right this will filter through to results on the pitch.

There are grumblings around the position of Harris, but this should stop. We all have a view on formation, tactics and selection, but the revolving door has to stop. Get behind the manager and players (it was awkward at the end of the game last night admittedly) as we aren't going to achieve anything by getting rid of another manager with the turnover of players that will follow.

The owners probably aren't 'football people' so we should trust in their business acumen and hope that they are well intentioned. If we get relegated so be it, but if people turn on each other the recriminations will lead to a lot of falling out and do more harm than good.

I favour season tickets and whilst I don't have one, I might be tempted if they were more heavily discounted and other concessions were available.
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

What a great idea.. I know the Gwilts have already expressed their appreciation of the many volunteers at HTFC.. It would be good to give them recognition like that on social media and/or in the match programme.
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Pitmenftw

Post by Pitmenftw »

to allow commenting by the fans on their facebook and twitter posts would be a nice start so the fans that have supported this club through thick and thin (more thin lately) can have a voice
silencing the fans is not good
Del

Post by Del »

Glyn wrote: Mon Feb 26 2024 7:28 pm What a great idea.. I know the Gwilts have already expressed their appreciation of the many volunteers at HTFC.. It would be good to give them recognition like that on social media and/or in the match programme.
The sad thing is that the last owner(s) got rid of the main 'hardcore' volunteers one way or another - and too many of the remaining ones are basically not worth mentioning!!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21