Chasetown (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Chasetown (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Monday 01 January 2024 - kick-off time: 3:00pm
Venue: The Scholars Ground, Church Street, Chasetown, Staffordshire WS7 3QL
Link to opponents official website: https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chasetown

Admission prices:
£10 Adults
£7 Concessions
£2 Under 16s
(Proof of age may be requested at any time.)
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Pete1880

Re: Chasetown (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Pete1880 »

Pitmen radio today do we know
Del

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

Pete1880 wrote: Mon Jan 01 2024 10:12 am Pitmen radio today do we know
Not today .. Twitter only.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Arrive early!
The main turnstile block (by the clubhouse) will open at 12.30pm and will be for season ticket holders and those with cash. Admission prices are £10 for adults, £7 for concessions and £2 for U16s.

The blue gates (next to the main turnstile) will also open at 12.30pm. This will be for season ticket holders and for spectators wishing to pay by card.

The additional turnstile (turnstile B, further) down Church Street will open at 2pm for season ticket holders and cash payments.

Cash payments will hasten entry to the ground.

Car parking
Available at the ground, at the end of Church Street on the right hand side and additionally at the primary school car park on the right hand side (just after the church)

Refreshments
Cash and card payments are accepted at the bar in the clubhouse, the Snack Shack (pies, snacks and hot drinks) and at the Stag Bar (chicken and chips, hot drinks) at the Church End of the ground.

Toilets
The outside toilets are now located towards the Burntwood Bypass end of the ground (turning right as you come through the main turnstile)

Programmes
We do not have a printed programme on sale. This is online only and will be on our website on the day of the match. If people do like to collect programmes, we do still have some left from our opening game against Witton Albion and they are available in the Club Shop (by the corner flag to your right from the main turnstile)

Public transport
For those arriving by public transport, the nearest railway stations are Cannock and Lichfield (approximately 5 miles away) with bus services to Chasetown High Street/Chasetown Clock (and 500 yards walk to the ground)

There is strictly no spectator access to the playing surface.

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

No printed programme. What a tinpot club.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Del

Post by Del »

CHASETOWN 0 - 0 PITMEN

(yellowcard) : McQuilkin x 2, Boucher

(redcard) : McQuilkin

Official (crows) : 2031

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

simply not good enough
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A big crowd for today's game, but my experience of standing on the halfway line was that the majority of 'home fans' are very infrequent visitors to Church Street. I heard quite a lot of fans talking about their experiences of watching Villa, Blues or Albion this season and some were standing around in groups with drinks in their hands talking to their mates hardly giving the game a second glance.
A good turn out from Hednesford fans with many black and white scarves and hats on show.

Thought we were poor today - and that was before we went down to 10 men. McQuilikin let his team down today by gobbing off at the ref and getting a cheap second yellow card. Many of our lot didn't put the required effort in today and that made it a difficult game to watch. Losing Gyasi early on was a blow and Cashtown resorted to kicking chunks out of Verma in the second half. As a result we had nothing going forward and our lack of hard work left us desperately short of hands at the back as the home side broke forwards.

Ali had a decent game - winning headers and covering a lot of ground, but he was the exception today.

Thought our back four did a good job, but ultimately Boucher earned us a point with many fine saves. The woodwork rescued us twice which helped.

Tactically I thought we missed a trick by asking Verma to come back and defend the many corners we faced in the second half. This left the largely ineffective Boothe on his own up front and the ball simply kept coming back. I'd have asked Boothe to come back and left Verma up top as the out ball.

15 minutes in I'd have taken a 0-0 as we looked out of sorts. This was a point gained, but we now need to win 7 from 15 to stop up by my reckoning as others around us picked up points also.

Finally, the catering at the ground was poor - £3.50 for poor quality chips. Even my lad, who has a voracious appetite, turned his nose up at these when he got to the front of the queue.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

I am happy with a point the way the match went and it could well have been a game we might have lost a month or so ago.
We were good in the first 5 minutes and in the last 15, but everything else in between was disappointing. We were fortunate that Chasetown’s finishing at times was woeful but also thankful for the saves from Boucher and some last ditch defending. We have a couple of chances to score in the first 5 minutes but didn’t take them and we were unlucky in the last 15 when two efforts were tipped over the bar. Harry’s options off the bench were limited as both Thorley and Gyasi were replaced due to injuries which restricted the substitutions he might otherwise have made. Boothe got slightly better as the game went on but Mellors-Blair just hasn’t got it all I’m afraid. He certainly can’t play the one striker role which we are requiring of him or out wide. With Gyasi injured it was down to Verma again to be our only real hope in attack.
Ahmed Ali had a great first half getting stuck in but really tired in the second so I’m not sure how much football he’s played recently but he definitely looks like a player that we need. James McQuilkin’s second yellow looks like it was for dissent which is very disappointing for a player of his experience and therefore getting a point whilst playing 40 minutes with only 10 men is a good one in my eyes.
We’ve won the last two home games and if we keep winning at home we’ll be ok and then Harry can focus on next season.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Scott

Post by Scott »

It has been a while since I've been able to do one of these :)

Overall a point gained, thanks very much in part to Boucher and some wasteful finishing from the hosts. I can't recall Clarkson being forced into a real meaningful save, other than one deflected cross which almost defeated him. Having said that, we should really have taken the lead in the opening minutes when Gyasi failed to convert what looked like a free header. It was a shame he was forced off, as we then seemed to only want to push everything through Verma. I can see why he has been getting rave reviews though, and as one one friend said to me 'he should be playing at a higher level.'

A silly second yellow card when already on a booking. I like PP thought it was for chatting back but someone else said he kicked the ball away. Either way, should really have known better.

The relegation battle is going to go right to the wire and hopefully days like today aren't seen as a missed opportunity.

Oh and despite the groundwork that has been undertaken at Church Street, the view from behind that one goal is horrendous when a large crowd is in attendance. Spent the second half in the dry in the raised 'bar' area to try and get a better view.

Finally, nice to see some familiar faces again today. Happy New Year to everyone else who I didn't see.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I've noticed that we don't appear to be getting post match interviews from Harry or anyone else.
It would be really appreciated if these could be reintroduced as getting insight from the players /coaching staff is always appreciated.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ta - forgot about Twitter and Facebook!
I must' get down with the kids'
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:mrgreen: :-D
Del

Post by Del »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Jan 02 2024 12:41 pm Ta - forgot about Twitter and Facebook!
I must' get down with the kids'
This sort of thing should be on the Official website - the first port of call for supporters! :doh:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21