Newcastle Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Newcastle Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 16 December 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

TODAY`S MATCH SPONSOR: HEDNESFORD TOWN FC SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: Newcastle Town (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Perton Pitman »

Dare I say, but another must win game!
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

19 games left and at least half of those are all must win games, if we are to survive.
I've looked at the fixtures and tried to target winnable games I reckon there are ten or eleven of them, providing we can keep recruiting decent players.
It will be a herculean effort though.
Fingers crossed.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

yes and it must start with this game, no home win all season in the league is a bit of a pi** take
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
J shez

Post by J shez »

Probably shouldn't have so much hope based on our home form but I do think we will win this one.newcastle seem very up and down so hopefully they will have a bad day.what odds that reinaldo forbes will have his best display off the season at keys park on Saturday,I'm guessing he will play on the left hand side and I don't think it would be to harsh to say that yeomans has struggled against tricky wingers this season so if Griffiths or endall are fit I think I'd go Williams at right back,doesn't offer as much going forward but better defensively.looking forward to seeing us having verma and gyasi on the wings,should change our attack in a good way.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

J shez wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 8:47 pm Probably shouldn't have so much hope based on our home form but I do think we will win this one.newcastle seem very up and down so hopefully they will have a bad day.what odds that reinaldo forbes will have his best display off the season at keys park on Saturday,I'm guessing he will play on the left hand side and I don't think it would be to harsh to say that yeomans has struggled against tricky wingers this season so if Griffiths or endall are fit I think I'd go Williams at right back,doesn't offer as much going forward but better defensively.looking forward to seeing us having verma and gyasi on the wings,should change our attack in a good way.
Sam Griffiths is out injured for 6 weeks.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
J shez

Post by J shez »

Lee K wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 11:11 pm
J shez wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 8:47 pm Probably shouldn't have so much hope based on our home form but I do think we will win this one.newcastle seem very up and down so hopefully they will have a bad day.what odds that reinaldo forbes will have his best display off the season at keys park on Saturday,I'm guessing he will play on the left hand side and I don't think it would be to harsh to say that yeomans has struggled against tricky wingers this season so if Griffiths or endall are fit I think I'd go Williams at right back,doesn't offer as much going forward but better defensively.looking forward to seeing us having verma and gyasi on the wings,should change our attack in a good way.
Sam Griffiths is out injured for 6 weeks.
Thanks mate wasnt aware of the timescale ,hopefully back around new year time then if he got injured around the time we won at bootle
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 3 - 0 NEWCASTLE TOWN

(yellowcard) : Gyasi, McQuilkin

Official (crows) : 545
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
njp

Post by njp »

Great performance today
:lol:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Well it took four months, but at long we were able to witness the lads turn in a dominant performance, batter the opposition, keep a clean sheet and win a game at home.

Harris has moved this week to start to overhaul the squad and all of his recruits were instrumental in this victory. Verma once again captured the headlines with a breathtaking goal (can we please show the goals at least?!) just when it seemed were to somehow go in at half time all square. His second had an air of good fortune, but credit to Mellors-Blair (sharing your name with two slightly controversial political figures from bygone days is unfortunate) for making a good run to distract the keeper. Mellors-Blair then scored a fine poachers goal , nipping in at the near post (just what we've been missing ) to seal the win.

I thought that Martin was excellent in midfield and gave us great energy which took the pressure off Thorley, McQuilikin and Thompson. This allowed us to control the first 65 minutes and had it been 6-0 at this point there could be no complaints. Gyasi looked tricky on the right and he will do well for us.

Later on in the game Forbes started to run at us (he was their best player) but Boucher was very solid, dominating his box and making saves when called on.

It was good to see the new owners in the club shop - I heard them talking to fans (whilst I bought my £19 scarf - it is good quality and looks the part to be fair so I don't mind) and they seemed approachable people so this is promising and I wish them well.

We've been able to invest a few quid in the squad this week - well done to whoever was able to sort this out as it was badly needed.

All in all a good day with 545 turning up the week before Christmas. The only down side is that Trafford won and Northwich drew. The next two games are critical to our season and we need at least 4 points. Ultimately the aim should be to finish ahead of the likes of Newcastle as we are better than them now, but we have to turn this into points.

Another 8 wins required lads!
Dobba
Site Admin

Post by Dobba »

Not doing Senior Cup games nor away trips these days, that's the first time I've seen Hednesford win in 240 days.

Felt like it was going to be another one of those many frustrating matches in that spell when their keeper pulled off an absolute worldy of a save. Thankfully Verma pulled off a carbon copy of his effort from last week, only with the keeper unable to get a touch to it this time. If something beats that to goal of the season, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

After that it was as one-sided a game as the Clitheroe fixture was but for all the right reasons. Mellors-Blair seems adamant he got a touch to the second goal, though it looked like a cross that went straight in at first glance. The third was a great move, with Mellors-Blair definitely getting the final touch after some great movement in the box.

All three of this week's signings slotted in like they'd been at the club for months not days but I thought Tom Thorley was top drawer all afternoon and only kept from the MoTM award (at least for me) by that man Verma. If we can keep the front three that played today fit and firing, I think they'll give a lot of defences in this league a torrid time.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

:clap:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Much better performance and the new lads are better than what we had so hopefully we can keep it up. With us having played more games than the rest it’s really important we can get 6 points against Trafford and Nantwich to reel them in and then of course we’ve got the easy 3 points on NY Day against Chase.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Just seen Verma's goal on Midlands Today
Glyn

Post by Glyn »