Clitheroe (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Clitheroe (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 25 November 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

TODAY`S MATCH SPONSOR: MONDAY OLD BOYS IN MEMORY OF JOHN RAFFERTY

EXECUTIVE MATCH SPONSOR: SECURITEC SYSTEMS
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Clitheroe (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

PITMEN 0 - 4 CLITHEROE

(yellowcard): Niven, Thompson, Thorley, Williams

Official (crows) 675
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

desperation,if you have all these links to players,you best get your fingers out and get some, to replace the shyte on the field
hate to think what the score will be next Saturday, probably stop in the pub
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

No hinks at the game today? Didnt see him in the dugout.

Anyone know why griffths and yeomans were absent? Suspension or injury?

Im not even going to comment on today, my dad jokes are better than what i witnessed today.

Utp
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

📸 Watch this video on Facebook
https://fb.watch/ox_gDNTLNG/

HH post match interview.

Someone may be able to post a link so that non-Facebbokers can watch it..
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Griff and Yeomans both injured.
Heard the Harris interview on facebook (courtesy of my lad) and apparently Verma was ill but still played.

We got what we deserved today. If that is the blueprint of a play-off team then the chasm is a yawning one and we are light years away. The only person who came out of the game with credit was Williams who was solid at the back and did well when called on. I hope Endall is well after his collision.
The centre halves were a shambles and contributed (along with Brown again) to us conceding calamitous (the terms hardly does it justice) goals. THe game was over after half an hour as we failed to do the basics (clear our lines, track back, mark the opposition and basically compete). We were second to everything and that was down to a failure to anticipate situations as well as fitness (this still needs sorting out). Morley - after the blip that was last week (well described by someone I stand with at games) - didn't have a kick. Along with a lethargic midfield and error prone defence it made for a turgid afternoon of viewing.
The cardinal sin, in my opinion at any rate, is that we play with one up front. Niven was totally isolated and was up against two big blokes who had an easy afternoon. It is worth remembering however, that our other forward is D. Brown and he looks like he is crocked.

The best spell of the game was the last 5 minutes where the game really opened up and their keeper - who spent the day trying to keep warm such was his lack of involvement in the game - had to make a couple of saves.

Yes we hit the post at 3-0 and also the bar when we missed our penalty, but the scoreline reflected the gulf between the teams. Had we lost by 1 or 2 it would have been a travesty.
Finally, the penalty we won was a joke. Spiers slipped and fell over. Perhaps the ref felt sorry for us.

Another great turn out - the second largest in the league today. Based on what I've seen this season the players don't deserve the backing they get and Harris has an enormous building job to do. The glut of reinforcements hasn't materialised and whilst Verma looks a quality player (a superb first touch) the squad is more or less as bad as it was under Danny Glover.

I'm going to Leek, but I won't be on the coach as I'll be driving. Those that have 4 hours in the pub before the game will probably not care too much about the game, but I'll be sober and have to suffer what is likely to be another soul-destroying afternoon.

After that we have a 4 game spell against teams around us. If that goes badly we will probably be unable to get out of trouble and we'll be watching the likes of Wolverhampton Casuals next season.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

After a bit of time away my self-imposed ban from the forum has ended.
The performance today was absolutely dreadful and was similar only worse to the Prescot one. These two performances were worse than any of those under Danny. I just don’t know what we are trying to do when we play at home. Only one up front who is always isolated and unsupported, midfielders chasing the shadows of their opponents and we continue to make dreadful individual errors at the back. We badly missed Sam Griffiths, who despite the amount of goals we have conceded, has been our best player this season in my opinion. Michael Williams came in from the cold and played well as he did at Bootle last week when Yeomans went off injured but the rest were a shambles. Having let go of Desean Martin, we have nobody busting a gut in midfield and putting their foot in. Joe Thompson jogged around all day and hardly touched the ball. Morley was his usual ineffective self, Verma hardly had the ball and Thorley and McQuilkin just don’t have what it takes anymore most of the time. Demetri Brown has been injured for the last 3-4 games, yet we still play him and I think by not giving him complete rest to get fit we are treating him disgracefully. The player’s welfare should be put first and the club are not doing it and possibly the worst part of the last two home games is the sight of Keenen’s sidekick Jemiah Richards back on our bench. I didn’t see him at Bootle when we won and played well though.
I am one of the lucky ones who saw all of the impressive away performances at Avro, Tamworth and Bootle, so it isn’t all bad, just absolutely woeful at Keys Park. Hopefully next Saturday will follow along the same lines and we’ll bring the points home. I will also be driving but I’ll be getting there early to watch Alfreton v Walsall in a pub in Leek first.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Billy kee

Post by Billy kee »

First game of the season….

I took 3 mates with me and left after 40 mins….

Verma looks good great first touch - lightweight but that more because he needs good players around him.

James Mc always class looking for the pass and the RB Williams good players the rest look lost.

Restructure needed next game vs Newcastle as my mates lad plays for them.

The LB Kelly was also decent but other than that….disappointed but I’m sure Harris et al
Will turn it around.

Fair play though Clitheroe were a good well drilled side.
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Lee K wrote: Sat Nov 25 2023 8:59 pm After a bit of time away my self-imposed ban from the forum has ended.
The performance today was absolutely dreadful and was similar only worse to the Prescot one. These two performances were worse than any of those under Danny. I just don’t know what we are trying to do when we play at home. Only one up front who is always isolated and unsupported, midfielders chasing the shadows of their opponents and we continue to make dreadful individual errors at the back. We badly missed Sam Griffiths, who despite the amount of goals we have conceded, has been our best player this season in my opinion. Michael Williams came in from the cold and played well as he did at Bootle last week when Yeomans went off injured but the rest were a shambles. Having let go of Desean Martin, we have nobody busting a gut in midfield and putting their foot in. Joe Thompson jogged around all day and hardly touched the ball. Morley was his usual ineffective self, Verma hardly had the ball and Thorley and McQuilkin just don’t have what it takes anymore most of the time. Demetri Brown has been injured for the last 3-4 games, yet we still play him and I think by not giving him complete rest to get fit we are treating him disgracefully. The player’s welfare should be put first and the club are not doing it and possibly the worst part of the last two home games is the sight of Keenen’s sidekick Jemiah Richards back on our bench. I didn’t see him at Bootle when we won and played well though.
I am one of the lucky ones who saw all of the impressive away performances at Avro, Tamworth and Bootle, so it isn’t all bad, just absolutely woeful at Keys Park. Hopefully next Saturday will follow along the same lines and we’ll bring the points home. I will also be driving but I’ll be getting there early to watch Alfreton v Walsall in a pub in Leek first.

Lee, like you, I was there at the battling performance at Avro and the win at Bottle. Our away form compared to our home form is like chalk and cheese.

It's like we get a fantastic result away from home, then I don't know if it's over confidence or what but our next home performance is shocking.

We've all alluded to our worst 2 performance's at home have come after, arguably our best 2 away performance's.

We were miles off it Saturday so really showed how far behind we are in terms of quality but saying that, we don't actually help ourselves with the silly, very avoidable, mistakes we make at the back, time and time again.

It would be interesting to see how many mistakes we've made which have lead to goals and dropped points. Likewise, would be interesting to see how many points we've lost from going to down to 10 men, although discipline seems to of improved since the arrival of Harry.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Lee K wrote: Sat Nov 25 2023 8:59 pm After a bit of time away my self-imposed ban from the forum has ended.
That's not Jemiah on the bench, it's Gavin Allers who was the coach at Walsall Wood.
I think the performance in the defeat at Widnes was worse than Saturday's but I get your point.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Chris wrote: Wed Nov 29 2023 5:23 pm
That's not Jemiah on the bench, it's Gavin Allers who was the coach at Walsall Wood.
I think the performance in the defeat at Widnes was worse than Saturday's but I get your point.
Thanks Chris. I must need new glasses :-)
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)