Update from Ade

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
njp

Update from Ade

Post by njp »

Ownership update

Hednesford Town can confirm that the club are in advanced discussions regarding the sale of the club and Keys Park Stadium.

A statement from Chairman Hayden Dando said “ I am really pleased to confirm we are at an advanced stage in discussions with an individual to purchase both Hednesford Town Football Club and Keys Park Stadium. There is only a limited amount I can say at this stage as it is not a ‘done deal’ and having had false dawns before I don’t want to get supporters hopes up however it is looking promising. A fee has been agreed for the stadium whilst the footballing element was always for £1 so we are now at the phase where it is in the hands of the legal teams, in terms of how long that will be it is an open ended question as different legal teams work at a different pace however myself from the football Club, the individual who is looking to purchase and Steve Price from a stadium ownership point of view are in regular communication and as many people know I am currently in the process of returning to the uk to live which will hopefully assist on the speed of completion.

On a personal note I would like to thank each and every supporter and member of the community who has come through the turnstiles, brought a sponsorship package, sponsored a player and generally supported us, one of the biggest reasons we are in the position of someone interested in buying the club is because they can see the superb support this club has and the potential of Hednesford Town, their plans for the club are exciting and I believe could get this club back to where it deserves to be. We were lucky enough to have two genuinely interested parties who both had the means to complete and that is in no small part down to the support this club has, in the meantime it is vital we continue to support Harry and the team by getting behind them at each game.

I have been so proud to serve as the chairman of this football club, it has been an absolute honour to be a part of this club and I genuinely thank you all for your support and I will continue to do the best I can for you until such a time as a deal is concluded”

Up the Pitmen

Ade
:lol:
Perton Pitman

Re: Update from Ade

Post by Perton Pitman »

A positive development, but at the same time tinged with nervousness and uncertainty. There were rumours a few weeks ago of a consortium, but now it looks like an individual is coming forwards.
Will be interesting to see who it is, what their plans are and what affinity they have with the club. I remain to be convinced that a single individual owning a club is a good thing no matter who you are or what club you are talking about. We are seeing things go sour at Nuneaton and Scunthorpe have had their problems.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that the person taking us on has the best interests of the club at heart and, this being the reality, has deep pockets and is prepared to lose money. Breaking even is a job in itself.
With due respect to Ade (and Graham) they underestimated the challenge associated with owing a club operating at this level. Let's hope this individual knows what they are letting themselves in for.
:scratchhead:
njp

Post by njp »

Fingers crossed for an oil tycoon who has a love for non league football and at least 120 million in the bank 🤔😂 we can dream! As long as the next owner has the finances and the best interests of the club and its stability at the heart of how they proceed then I will be happy! We might still have a club next year and that’s all we can ask for whether it is in this league or the MFL
:lol:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Hopefully all is proceeding as planned. It's gone a bit quiet over the last couple of weeks.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Ta
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

Where did the rumours come from ?
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Pete1880 wrote: Mon Nov 27 2023 1:06 pm Where did the rumours come from ?
They were circulating around the ground on Saturday
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

All I heard was that things had gone quiet which is probably understandable. Didn't hear any rumours to indicate anything untoward was going on
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Nov 27 2023 2:52 pm All I heard was that things had gone quiet which is probably understandable. Didn't hear any rumours to indicate anything untoward was going on
Three different people texted ne from the ground on Saturday telling me the same thing. I put it on FB , as did two others, but I got into an awful lot of abusive grief about it.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Mark

Post by Mark »

All we can really do is wait - we won’t have anyone named in advance after what happened last time. As we learned last time it’s a complicated transaction so it will take some time.

You also have to bare in mind Ade is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he doesn’t say anything he’s going to be shot down for not communicating, if he does say something people will expect things to happen quickly and then he has to deal with the fall out.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Nothing needs to be said until the takeover is officially completed or officially dead. Just enjoy the games and chill out…
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

spot on lee :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Does this mean that Harry will get sacked if he doesn’t start to play Jacob? :-)
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Lee K wrote: Fri Dec 15 2023 9:30 am Does this mean that Harry will get sacked if he doesn’t start to play Jacob? :-)
🤣

Just looked up what business sector they are in. Hopefully I've found the wrong people.
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Looks like they are some kind of property devolpers, hoping they have the best intrests of the club at heart and have the right ambitions for the club.
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
pitmanpipe

Post by pitmanpipe »

Lee K wrote: Fri Dec 15 2023 9:30 am Does this mean that Harry will get sacked if he doesn’t start to play Jacob? :-)
Was going to say, are they any relation to Jacob?
Del

Post by Del »

Arrows87 wrote: Fri Dec 15 2023 10:28 am Looks like they are some kind of property devolpers, hoping they have the best intrests of the club at heart and have the right ambitions for the club.
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yes they have a property development business but they also have a software business that turns over £70m plus a year and makes over £30m profit so lets look a the positives shall we.

And tbf they are family run so why wouldn't they protect their assets for the future? They know from an investment perspective they won't make money on the football side but if that land is in their name then one day their kids or grandkids might profit from it, that's business and anyone else would do the same.
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Well I wouldn't, the whole concept of property investment doesn't sit well, but that's probably why I'm poor.

Anyway, shouldn't leap to conclusions I suppose.
bigbryg1

Post by bigbryg1 »

We must all stop speculating till the deal is done but it does sound promising :clap: :clap:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

It's good that the things seem to be progressing. We won't know anything until the takeover is completed and then the plans for the club will no doubt be laid out.
IN the short term we need need to win a few football matches so let's focus on that for the next few weeks and keep our fingers crossed for positive news in January.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ross wrote: Fri Dec 15 2023 2:04 pm Yes they have a property development business but they also have a software business that turns over £70m plus a year and makes over £30m profit so lets look a the positives shall we.

And tbf they are family run so why wouldn't they protect their assets for the future? They know from an investment perspective they won't make money on the football side but if that land is in their name then one day their kids or grandkids might profit from it, that's business and anyone else would do the same.
If one of their businesses is profiting £30m per year I very much doubt their grandkids will need to worry about the land value of the local football stadium.

The sale sounds very promising to me - it would be nice to see a bit of investment in the ground and playing team and see us climbing the leagues again.