Stalybridge Celtic (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Stalybridge Celtic (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 28 October 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.

MATCH SPONSORS: JJ Sports Promotions LTD
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Stalybridge Celtic (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

Well the start of another new era for this game. Personally I'm not expecting anything from this game against a very good Stalybridge side with the same players as Danny had, so if we do get anything it will be a bonus.
Harry and Hinksy have only had one training session to get their ideas across so it may very well be hit and miss.
I do however wish the new management team all the very best and hope their time with the Pitmen is an enjoyable experience, in the long term fruitful and hope they can be the ones that finally bring the better times we all crave for.

UTP
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
J shez

Post by J shez »

Looking forward to Saturday. Not expecting to get anything but more hopeful today than I was walking out of bootle last week.only having one session there isn't much Harry could put in place but I'd imagine team shape an some work on making us abit more soild would have been the plan and then work from there.main thing I want to see tomorrow is some real commitment and effort from the players which i think is fair to say wasn't there in the second half last Saturday. If we can defend well we still have enough to have a go at them and cause them some problems.
Del

Post by Del »

Match preview here: https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2023/1 ... dge-celtic

Don’t forget .... The game will be segregated with away fans using Gate 2A – cash or card and having access to Strikers Bar.
Gate 3A will be for season ticket/pass holders, 3B home supporters – cash or card, 4A home supporters – cash only.
Home fans will use The Chase Suite bar facilities.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Not sure why it is segregated, but presumably there are concerns over potential trouble. At the last home game a couple of young lads were ejected for taunting the Runcorn fans and basically trying to incite them. I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Very sad as this is step 4 and I doubt Stalybridge will bring more than a coach load with them.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Fri Oct 27 2023 6:43 pm Not sure why it is segregated, but presumably there are concerns over potential trouble. At the last home game a couple of young lads were ejected for taunting the Runcorn fans and basically trying to incite them. I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Very sad as this is step 4 and I doubt Stalybridge will bring more than a coach load with them.
I think it's segregated because there was trouble in the away fixture.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 1 STALYBRIDGE CELTIC

(yellowcard) : Yeomans, Morley, Mendez-Jones

Official (crows) 624

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

A well earned point against one of the teams chasing the play-offs. Must confess that when I saw our line up I though we'd struggle, but the midfield is functioning much better with McQuilikin who I though was outstanding.
Without Danny up front we lack a cutting edge, but Brown battled well and scored an opportunistic goal. We looked more solid in defence with our keeper and centre halves dealing with most of what was thrown at them. It was good to see people throwing themselves into blocking shots. Morley had a really poor first half and I was all for taking him off, but he did better in the second and created some openings for us, but the end product was lacking.
Celtic could have won the game right at the end when their bloke broke through, but luckily he fired into the side netting.
The visitors were very physical, but we managed to stand up to it, even though the ref didn't always help us.

A good start for Harry and we have a crucial spell of 5 tough games coming up with 4 against teams pushing for the top 5. If we can pick up half a dozen points from those then this sets us up for more winnable games against Northwich, Newcastle and Trafford before Christmas.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the squad in the next week. I think we probably need to bring 5 or 6 players to give ourselves a good chance of competing with the better sides in the league. This won't be easy and time isn't on our side as we are a third of the way through the season already and we have to keep reel in the likes of Hanley, Newcastle and Vauxhall Motors.

Another great turn out by our fans - keep it up folks as this will help the club get itself out of trouble.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Harry Harris post match

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Sadly Walsall Wood beat Guiseley in the FA Trophy so we may have to wait a while longer for some of his former charges to move over to Keys Park.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Will Burford non league blogger on today's game - excellent watch.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

100% better than previous weeks , little concern in some arears but I'm sure Harry and Steve will sort out
no segregation today was that a last minute decision ?
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

Great to see in one of the match photos on Facebook there was once again a Mascot for this game. :clap:

Someone will be telling me next there was also a Match Sponsor!!

Oh, hang on!! :mrgreen:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21