New Manager - who next

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

New Manager - who next

Post by PitmanKeith »

What views/ideas do we have.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Re: New Manager - who next

Post by Perton Pitman »

Not a clue - I'd like to take Kitching from Boldmere as he has a good record (although they are struggling a bit at present).
I hope we have a plan otherwise we'll end up stumbling along until someone else gets the sack and decides to come in.
I'm not sure any local managers at other step 4 clubs would jump ship and come to us. There is simply too much uncertainty and instability off the pitch and the issue with the ground isn't going away soon. That is the root of our troubles.
Hope I'm wrong with someone proven at this level and doing a good job (with contacts) comes in. the appointment of a commercial manager is the one thing that demonstrates that the club is serious about trying to bounce back.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

If its put out to tender I think you would be surprised at the quality that would apply. In saying that though a done deal may already be in place.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

Ian Long would be the obvious suggestion, but as I stated previously, I don’t think we have the pull due to our current circumstances.

A few people have said that we should be able to attract decent managers as we are still seen as a big job. I think it could have the opposite affect and anyone with experience at the level will stay well clear due to the limited resources they’d have to work with.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Long is a good shout, but he will take some convincing to come to us. I'd like to think we can attract good quality applicants and I daresay some individuals will look at us and wonder if another job offering better prospects is likely to come up soon in which case they'd sit tight.
We may be a 'name' , be well supported, but we are also a team fighting to avoid relegation to step 5 - we are a gamble for anyone with a track record. we've made some dreadful appointments over the past few years.

Anyone care to enlighten us as to how many we've had since Rob and Larry left us for Telford?
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

Strongly suspect a classic case of 'careful what you wish for' (not by me personally), but hoping to be proven wrong.
Pete1880

Post by Pete1880 »

Ian long for me

Should be interesting week ahead but I suspect they may have someone already lined up
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Pete1880 wrote: Mon Oct 23 2023 6:43 am Ian long for me

Should be interesting week ahead but I suspect they may have someone already lined up
Yes I think they have as well, in fact even job already offered and accepted.
Hope it is Ian Long or someone of that calibre but going on past decisions and choices I can't see it.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 9:31 pm Long is a good shout, but he will take some convincing to come to us. I'd like to think we can attract good quality applicants and I daresay some individuals will look at us and wonder if another job offering better prospects is likely to come up soon in which case they'd sit tight.
We may be a 'name' , be well supported, but we are also a team fighting to avoid relegation to step 5 - we are a gamble for anyone with a track record. we've made some dreadful appointments over the past few years.

Anyone care to enlighten us as to how many we've had since Rob and Larry left us for Telford?
Well since September 2016 I think these

Frank Sinclair (parts 1 & 2)
Bernard McNally
Liam Mcdonald
Paul Casey
Gary Birch
Neil Tooth
Rob Smith
Francino Francis
Nicky Eaden
Gary Hayward
Bails/Gloves
Andy Morrell
KMR
Steve Burr
Danny Glover

I'm sure if I've missed anyone someone will tell me.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

15 in 7 years. On that basis the new bloke will just about see the season out
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

It's actually FIVE years if you take the Covid years out
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

We played some fixtures during that period, although the record books won't show it. I'll count it nonetheless!
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Oct 23 2023 3:44 pm We played some fixtures during that period, although the record books won't show it. I'll count it nonetheless!
Agreed but KMR was the only manager all the way through those years
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Chris

Post by Chris »

I agree with Ian Long although I feel he could be one of those managers who can only manage at one club, he didn't have much success at Stourbridge but worked wonders at Alvechurch. A bit like when we appointed Paddy Page back in the day, brilliant at Halesowen, crap for us. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though. Personally I don't think the club have anyone lined up so I'd think we need someone to step up on Saturday and Ritchie Sutton is the obvious choice.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm assuming if someone was lined up we'd be finding out today as the team presumably are training tonight...
Dash

Post by Dash »

Chris wrote: Mon Oct 23 2023 6:54 pm I agree with Ian Long although I feel he could be one of those managers who can only manage at one club, he didn't have much success at Stourbridge but worked wonders at Alvechurch. A bit like when we appointed Paddy Page back in the day, brilliant at Halesowen, crap for us. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though. Personally I don't think the club have anyone lined up so I'd think we need someone to step up on Saturday and Ritchie Sutton is the obvious choice.
Ian Long also did well at Tividale.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

cant see Sutton being in charge it would have been announced by now
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Tue Oct 24 2023 7:08 pm cant see Sutton being in charge it would have been announced by now
They wouldn't have seen the players till tonight to have a talk with them.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

Walsall Wood coaching team have left this morning to take up a role elsewhere….
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Indeed. Good spot.

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Ross

Post by Ross »

Harry Harris it is
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Certainly looks that way.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I think this is a good move. We've gone for another young manager, but unlike KMR and Danny (not their fault by the way as you have to start somewhere), he has got some experience and has been very successful. Nobody could have seen Walsall Wood playing at this level and having a run in the trophy that has seen the likes Ilkeston turned over on their own patch.
The only aim is to stay up - I said 14th at the start of the season and if we can finish in that position that can be termed a success given where we are with 26 games left.
J shez

Post by J shez »

Everybody will have opnions on it but for me this is a fantastic appointment.worked wonders at a small club like wood an even with the the problems we have going on,things must be stable enough for him to leave what looks like a job for life type of thing there to come to us.we gave them a couple of easy goals but wood looked really good when they played us in the trophy and full of pace so hopefully 1 or 2 of those players will follow him.im not expecting miracles on Saturday but I think he will come in,sort us out at the back and go from there.really good one(if true)and far better than I was expecting.