New Manager - who next

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
akb junior

Re: New Manager - who next

Post by akb junior »

I think it’s a decent appointment. Plus, like someone has already said, Harris must think the club is in a state that he can work with. Otherwise he wouldn’t have left a team sitting comfortably in mid table for a team bottom of the league at the same level. I just hope he’s given the right time and resources to have a real go at it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few players follow him from Walsall Wood. Joey Butlin being one of them I’d imagine. I’d also like to see Jai Verma move as well, as I’ve heard he’s a very exciting prospect. That’s if he isn’t on contract currently of course.

Overall I think most people will be happy with the appointment. It shows that the club isn’t sitting here accepting relegation/waiting to go out of existence and that we still have a certain amount of pull due to the size of the club.
J shez

Post by J shez »

akb junior wrote: Wed Oct 25 2023 10:58 am I think it’s a decent appointment. Plus, like someone has already said, Harris must think the club is in a state that he can work with. Otherwise he wouldn’t have left a team sitting comfortably in mid table for a team bottom of the league at the same level. I just hope he’s given the right time and resources to have a real go at it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a few players follow him from Walsall Wood. Joey Butlin being one of them I’d imagine. I’d also like to see Jai Verma move as well, as I’ve heard he’s a very exciting prospect. That’s if he isn’t on contract currently of course.

Overall I think most people will be happy with the appointment. It shows that the club isn’t sitting here accepting relegation/waiting to go out of existence and that we still have a certain amount of pull due to the size of the club.
Somebody I've known for a few years through work who plays for a team a league below us messaged me about harris this morning an I brought up that I hope he brings a few with him from wood as I'd like butlin and verma to follow him an he said there is a rule in there league that when a manger leaves to go to a new club he's only allowed to sign 1 player in the first 28 days from his previous club,don't know if that's a rule at our level.
akb junior

Post by akb junior »

J shez wrote: Wed Oct 25 2023 11:14 am
akb junior wrote: Wed Oct 25 2023 10:58 am I think it’s a decent appointment. Plus, like someone has already said, Harris must think the club is in a state that he can work with. Otherwise he wouldn’t have left a team sitting comfortably in mid table for a team bottom of the league at the same level. I just hope he’s given the right time and resources to have a real go at it.

Somebody I've known for a few years through work who plays for a team a league below us messaged me about harris this morning an I brought up that I hope he brings a few with him from wood as I'd like butlin and verma to follow him an he said there is a rule in there league that when a manger leaves to go to a new club he's only allowed to sign 1 player in the first 28 days from his previous club,don't know if that's a rule at our level.
I do remember something along those lines being in place previously. Maybe when Rob and Larry left us for Halesowen or when Liam McDonald went to Solihull.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

no official statement yet
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

If it is Harris I think it's as good an appointment as we could have hoped for. He is young, ambitious, experienced at this level and has lots of contacts in the game, all boxes ticked. As others have said I can't see him leaving his comfort zone if he hadn't been given assurances and that is also a good sign. If Steve Hinks is still part of his backroom team that is another big plus because what he doesn't know about the non league scene and players in the Midlands isn't worth knowing.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

lets hope he can bring Verma and Bradley
J shez

Post by J shez »

PitmanKeith wrote: Wed Oct 25 2023 11:58 am If it is Harris I think it's as good an appointment as we could have hoped for. He is young, ambitious, experienced at this level and has lots of contacts in the game, all boxes ticked. As others have said I can't see him leaving his comfort zone if he hadn't been given assurances and that is also a good sign. If Steve Hinks is still part of his backroom team that is another big plus because what he doesn't know about the non league scene and players in the Midlands isn't worth knowing.
Only his knowledge of it but the player I spoke to this morning said that Hinks was coming over with him if it all goes through OK so he would he a big plus
Chris

Post by Chris »

When this happens I think it'll be a good appointment. As previously said, a younger manager but not someone in his first job, good local knowledge and decent backroom staff. There are a few very good players at Wood, Butlin and Verma as already mentioned plus Carter Lycett (who we all know) and Kieron Boucher the ex Redditch keeper.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I believe Verma is on a contract (mind you, does that mean anything these days!?). Boucher is a top keeper at this level in my opinion. Butlin knows his way around at this level and assuming Danny won't play again for us he would fit the bill.
We will have to wait and see as I remember Ade saying our budget couldn't compete with Walsall Wood's when we played them. Who knows what the situation is now!
:scratchhead:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

dont think Harris would have left if it wasn't a done deal
Johnny_91

Post by Johnny_91 »

Have noticed a couple of Stafford fans picking up on it, what a disappointment that would be!
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Have they sacked their manager yet? If not, the axe must be close to falling on him.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

There is also a vacancy at Macclesfield. The job probably pays well, but unless they get promoted this season the person who takes it on will be out on their ear by the end of April
Chris

Post by Chris »

Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Oct 25 2023 3:59 pm There is also a vacancy at Macclesfield. The job probably pays well, but unless they get promoted this season the person who takes it on will be out on their ear by the end of April
And will have to do what Savage tells them to do.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »