Management Team Gone

The latest news and views from Keys Park.
PitmanKeith

Management Team Gone

Post by PitmanKeith »

Just riding along on the crest of a wave in HMS Pitmen
Perton Pitman

Re: Management Team Gone

Post by Perton Pitman »

Well everyone has got what they want. The statement from Ade is spot on - Danny is owed a huge debt of gratitude by all of us. We were in free fall last season when Graham decided that the ego trip wasn't for him and Danny stepped in and did a fine job with a slashed budget.
The club had been more or less killed off in the pre-season, but Danny and Craney both stepped in and built a side from nothing at a time when other clubs had sorted themselves out.
Sport can be cruel and I think we suffered from indiscipline leading to red cards, late goals conceded and basically a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot.
Not Danny's fault, but many felt it was.
I doubt Danny will stay as a striker, but I hope everyone can find a way to thank him for what he has done for the club.
He has my total respect both as a player and as a person.

Will be interesting to see what happens next. The squad is being improved, but now there is a huge void and it has to be filled quickly.
A very tough set of six league games coming up and whoever comes in does have a hard act to follow in terms of matching Danny's commitment to the club. We've seen many managers and players clear off at the first whiff of a bit more money of kudos, but not Danny.
Top man and thanks for everything.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

I would hope Ritchie Sutton as senior player will be given the interim role but after that who knows.
Wimblebury Wanderer

Post by Wimblebury Wanderer »

Can’t agree that the recent signings have improved the squad, they have been nowhere near the levels of the Kidsgrove and Chasetown games. There’s been far too much “straw clutching” imo, the 4/5 players that could have got MOM v Chasetown have either gone or barely getting minutes. There are more than a couple who aren’t playing for the badge, several consecutive poor performances from individuals yet keep their shirt.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Terry McMahon has kindly allowed me to share the following post he made on FB which gives us all an alternative perspective

Screenshot_20231023_131551_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231023_131603_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231023_131618_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231023_131636_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 7:00 pm I would hope Ritchie Sutton as senior player will be given the interim role but after that who knows.
don't want another player as manager this will not stop the rot
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

sheriff wrote: Mon Oct 23 2023 2:13 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 7:00 pm I would hope Ritchie Sutton as senior player will be given the interim role but after that who knows.
don't want another player as manager this will not stop the rot
Temporary while living they sort a new manager out