City of Liverpool FC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
sheriff

Re: City of Liverpool FC (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by sheriff »

consortium interested including Stan Collimore , but club owe 42 grand on out standing electric bill, not sure if that is true but this has put off potential buyers/investers
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 1:24 pm Where’s Perton?
I'm still here Jackie.

Glover has gone so everyone has got what they wanted. Let's give the new bloke some time and get behind him (when he is eventually appointed).
The revolving door has to stop!
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

sheriff wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 5:24 pm consortium interested including Stan Collimore , but club owe 42 grand on out standing electric bill, not sure if that is true but this has put off potential buyers/investers
A few points on the electricity bill.
The club should do what many did last season and look to have 2pm kick-offs.
42 grand is a lot of electricity (even with the market being very high at present), and I struggle to see how our supplier has allowed this to happen. Football clubs aren't stable at the best of times and I'd be giving footie clubs zero credit as I suspect many would be tempted not to pay on time.
Finally , many clubs at our level will be carrying debts. If they can't / won't pay 42 grand (they must be fairly wealthy so is 42 grand that big a deal in the grand scheme of things?) and are put off by it then they are wasting everyone's time. Clubs at our level are a money pit and anyone taking a club on should expect to lose money.
:scratchhead:
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Well I thought the club was debt free
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Oct 22 2023 11:22 pm Well I thought the club was debt free
That's what we've always been told. But we have been told a lot of things over the last two or three years that have since proved to be untrue.
So in all honesty who knows.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣