Runcorn Linnets (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Runcorn Linnets (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Saturday 07 October 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
£3 Parking
£2.50 Award-winning programme.
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Re: Runcorn Linnets (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Perton Pitman »

I'm told that prior to kick-off there will be a minute's applause in memory of long-standing supporter Joe Bailey who passed away recently. Hopefully everyone will observe this as he was a top bloke and Hednesford through and through.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Oct 05 2023 3:55 pm I'm told that prior to kick-off there will be a minute's applause in memory of long-standing supporter Joe Bailey who passed away recently. Hopefully everyone will observe this as he was a top bloke and Hednesford through and through.
Sorry to hear this news about Joe, thoughts with his family, a sad loss.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Match Sponsors

viewtopic.php?t=5560
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

no match for me still got covid
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Del

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 1 RUNCORN LINNETS

(yellowcard) Mayemba, Williams, Glover
(redcard) Williams

Official (crows) 730

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Well another game without a win, one in 10 in the league and that was the second game of the season so none in the last eight, none in five at home.
FB is full of the usual clueless rhetoric

Good effort, can't fault performance, disallowed goal, officials rubbish, go again next week it'll come, but worst of all a well done and a good performance.
These things I'm afraid do not win you football matches, if we were going to turn the corner we would have done by now.
We are on the road to nowhere and at what point does the buck stop, I say it should be HERE.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Foxinthebox

Post by Foxinthebox »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Oct 07 2023 6:45 pm Well another game without a win, one in 10 in the league and that was the second game of the season so none in the last eight, none in five at home.

Good effort, can't fault performance, disallowed goal, officials rubbish, go again next week it'll come, but worst of all a well done and a good performance.
These things I'm afraid do not win you football matches, if we were going to turn the corner we would have done by now.
We are on the road to nowhere and at what point does the buck stop, I say it should be HERE.
Clueless? Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Other than Widnes and Darlaston we've done ok this season, we don't have the points we deserve.

If you'd seen the games you'd know we are getting better week in week out, we are bringing in better players than what we started the season with and the corner will be turned. But hey, us paying hard earned money week in week out home and away must be clueless idiots for having a bit of optimism I guess :clap:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Thought we were much better today and yes, we are starting to improve. Thought our new signings all performed well and they will improve us - no doubt about it. Brown came on in the second half and had a huge impact on us. Him and Glover will form a formidable partnership.
Thorley had a decent game too using the ball well and playing some astute passes to get us moving.
Runcorn's tactics, effective they were too, centred around lumping the ball into corners and they had a couple of mobile players who managed to isolate our full backs which caused us no end of problems a times.

Thought the officials were appalling. No idea why Brown got flagged off when he headed home as the defender was goal side of him when the cross came in. The ref decided to allow their number 7 to talk himself out of a booking when he had his hand in his pocket after a late challenge on our keeper early on. In the second half he proceeded to hand out yellows to many of our players for some innocuous challenges , one or two weren't even fouls. He topped it off by giving Williams a straight red and their player a yellow after an off the ball tussle spotted by the lino. I don't like slagging officials off, but I thought they were clueless and I'm afraid biased on the face of it. THis was exemplified by us winning possession then the ref stopping the game after Runcorn fans threw flares onto the pitch with the re-start being a free kick that had mysteriously been awarded to the visitors.

It is a game we could have both won and lost, but there is promise there. Most disappointing was the injury to Kelly followed by the red card for Williams. THat will stretch our resources in defence for the forthcoming six-pointers in the next couple of weeks.

Our heads could easily have dropped after having a goal disallowed in controversial circumstances and then conceding an unlucky goal ourselves.

Let's get behind Danny and not slag him off.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Foxinthebox wrote: Sat Oct 07 2023 7:04 pm
PitmanKeith wrote: Sat Oct 07 2023 6:45 pm Well another game without a win, one in 10 in the league and that was the second game of the season so none in the last eight, none in five at home.

Clueless? Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Other than Widnes and Darlaston we've done ok this season, we don't have the points we deserve.

If you'd seen the games you'd know we are getting better week in week out, we are bringing in better players than what we started the season with and the corner will be turned. But hey, us paying hard earned money week in week out home and away must be clueless idiots for having a bit of optimism I guess :clap:
Is it getting better though I appreciate there may be an upturn in performance but not in results.

First five league games

W 1 D 2 L 2 PTS 5

Last five league games

W 0 D 1 L 4 PTS 1

My choice of words may not have been great, apologies for that a passionate reaction. Unfortunately with a quarter of the season gone we simply can't afford to be giving much more time.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

(crows) of 730 is another excellent gate and certainly one would think the last few home games have produced an income of more than was expected.
Maybe just a small amount of that could be passed on for a quality player input rather than other things which spring to mind!! :think:

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Arrows87

Post by Arrows87 »

Feel today was a very strong performance after a great result in the week, i feel hednesford controlled the game well and the new signings made a big impact. I do feel that each time i manage to see the pitmen that there is some improvements from previous matches. I Dont normally comment on the forum but felt some of home fans (wimblebury terrace) were getting on glover today and it wasnt justified, feel he had a good match and leadership on the pitch was well shown by him. It showed when he clearly ran over to them after scoring. So danny if ever you read this the feeling is not mutual and you had a great game.
Officials were appauling today disallowed goal was clearly onside. Was nice to see the chairman at the match today too.
We are getting closer to another win and for a side thay has been hit by injuries/suspensions and dont forget they have only been together for a few weeks/months i feel the tide will turn.

Up the pitmen
⚫️⚪️⚽️UTP
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Arrows87 wrote: Sat Oct 07 2023 9:06 pm Feel today was a very strong performance after a great result in the week, i feel hednesford controlled the game well and the new signings made a big impact. I do feel that each time i manage to see the pitmen that there is some improvements from previous matches. I Dont normally comment on the forum but felt some of home fans (wimblebury terrace) were getting on glover today and it wasnt justified, feel he had a good match and leadership on the pitch was well shown by him. It showed when he clearly ran over to them after scoring. So danny if ever you read this the feeling is not mutual and you had a great game.
Officials were appauling today disallowed goal was clearly onside. Was nice to see the chairman at the match today too.
We are getting closer to another win and for a side thay has been hit by injuries/suspensions and dont forget they have only been together for a few weeks/months i feel the tide will turn.

Up the pitmen
Sorry for the delay only just noticed your post awaiting approval. Welcome on board.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Danny Glover post match interview
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

I would expect to take six points out of the next two games if we are going to turn the corner
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

This new centre forward Brown looks the business tho we saw little of him due to Glovers reluctance to make changes when they were needed and if Martin is back- does anyone know how long his suspension is ? Then we just might start to pick up because we desperately need max points from the next two matches
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Oct 08 2023 10:17 am This new centre forward Brown looks the business tho we saw little of him due to Glovers reluctance to make changes when they were needed and if Martin is back- does anyone know how long his suspension is ? Then we just might start to pick up because we desperately need max points from the next two matches
Three matches I would assume Jackie
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Oct 08 2023 10:17 am if Martin is back- does anyone know how long his suspension is ?
I messaged him and asked him Jackie, he's not back till the Stalybridge game at the end of the month, he got a six game ban for back to back reds.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Ade Dando interview

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

PitmanKeith wrote: Sun Oct 08 2023 1:31 pm
jackiemaund wrote: Sun Oct 08 2023 10:17 am if Martin is back- does anyone know how long his suspension is ?
I messaged him and asked him Jackie, he's not back till the Stalybridge game at the end of the month, he got a six game ban for back to back reds.
Thanks for that
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

City of Liverpool beat Mossley 4-1 last night and plunge us into the relegation zone having played at least two games more than the teams around us.
Screenshot_20231011_065222_Chrome.jpg
Don't panic though as we are turning the corner as the form table suggests.
Screenshot_20231011_070053_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣