Witton Albion (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Perton Pitman

Re: Witton Albion (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Perton Pitman »

PitmanKeith wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 6:41 pm Crane, Griffiths, Thorley, Glover and Mendez-Jones have all had lengthy spells at Step 2 in their careers and should be contributing help to the more inexperienced lads, trouble is they aren't. The other added problem is apart from Dan Crane the others have all had lengthy injury problems over the last 5 years and are again suffering this season.
Not ideal at all.
All I keep hearing from FB is bad luck, deserved to win, poor officials, we will come good, new team, takes time to gell. How long do they need they've had 16 games inc pre-season and won just two games whilst conceding an average of over 2.5 goals per game.
Unless the powers that be take another look soon I fear for our future.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what is said on social media - I've only seen us play one game that we deserved to win.
Bringing in players who are currently capable at this level will rectify matters - that doesn't mean bringing in players from step 5 who have previously played step 3 some time ago. They are simply past it.
:scratchhead:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 7:21 pm
johnmotson wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 5:21 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 10:58 am
johnmotson wrote: Wed Sep 13 2023 10:48 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Sep 13 2023 9:18 pm
johnmotson wrote: Wed Sep 13 2023 4:58 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Sep 13 2023 8:04 am If you look back at the records after the Newcastle game I think we have conceded 3 or more per game with the exception of the derby versus Cashtown.
It is relegation form and unless we can attract better players we will get relegated. However, the last person we should be blaming is Danny Glover as his hands are tied. He has put a squad together at short notice and recognises the need to improve it, but we are in a similar situation to one we were in roughly 40 years ago where we were constantly battling relegation from the SLM , but couldn't attract players because they could earn better money at smaller clubs who, in some cases, were playing at a level further down the pyramid.
We need to get behind Danny and so do those idiots on facebook who are calling for him to go. If we lose him then nobody else will want the job.

All we can hope is that the club can be handed onto owners who are able to finance the playing side properly (this is not a dig at Ade by the way)
Danny is completely to blame any decent experienced manager would get plenty from this group of players. He chooses the players, he plays them out of position, he has no idea what he is doing and the quicker the club see it the better.
The squad he has is determined by the budget. Hardly any were deemed good enough to play at this level last season. End of!
Plenty were playing at this level and some higher.
It's down to him to manage but he can't do it and it's clear to see that he doesn't get the best out of them. End of !
Crane - RC Warwick (step 5)
Williams Gresley (step 4)
Paddock Wednesfield (step 6)
Kelly - Shifnal (step 5)
Griffiths - SHifnal (step 5)
Martin RC Warwick (step 5)
Mardenborough -Darlaston (step 5)
Dixon - Lichfield (step 5)
Forbes - various (mainly step 5 and 6)
glover - Hednesford (step 3)
Thorley - Hednesford for a while (step 3)
Sang - Tividale (step 5)

etc. etc.
It's like you have just took the lowest league any of these have ever played in and put it together and forgot to put others in there ....oh wait that is what you have done.
You make it look like Glover, Crane, Kelly, Griffiths, Thorley not to mention all the other players you missed out from the squad have never played at this level or higher, just to try and back up your point.
Plenty have played at this level and higher that is my point.
I think you will find that I said that most our squad was at step 5 last season. The list above illustrates where each player was last season. That is a fact and the reason is that they are past their best. You responded by saying that "plenty were playing at this level and some higher". I accept that some players have played at step 2 / 3 etc, but that wasn't the point I was making - this was some years ago as you well know.
This squad is not up to step 4 - if it were they would have been playing step 4 last season.
Hopefully that has clarified the matter.
Shall we ask Joe O'Connor to come out of retirement????
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 7:27 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Wed Sep 13 2023 8:04 am If you look back at the records after the Newcastle game I think we have conceded 3 or more per game with the exception of the derby versus Cashtown.
It is relegation form and unless we can attract better players we will get relegated. However, the last person we should be blaming is Danny Glover as his hands are tied. He has put a squad together at short notice and recognises the need to improve it, but we are in a similar situation to one we were in roughly 40 years ago where we were constantly battling relegation from the SLM , but couldn't attract players because they could earn better money at smaller clubs who, in some cases, were playing at a level further down the pyramid.
We need to get behind Danny and so do those idiots on facebook who are calling for him to go. If we lose him then nobody else will want the job.

All we can hope is that the club can be handed onto owners who are able to finance the playing side properly (this is not a dig at Ade by the way)
Danny is completely to blame any decent experienced manager would get plenty from this group of players. He chooses the players, he plays them out of position, he has no idea what he is doing and the quicker the club see it the better.
The squad he has is determined by the budget. Hardly any were deemed good enough to play at this level last season. End of!
It's down to him to manage but he can't do it and it's clear to see that he doesn't get the best out of them. End of !
Kelly - Shifnal (step 5)
Sang - Tividale (step 5)

etc. etc.
It's like you have just took the lowest league any of these have ever played in and put it together and forgot to put others in there ....oh wait that is what you have done.
You make it look like Glover, Crane, Kelly, Griffiths, Thorley not to mention all the other players you missed out from the squad have never played at this level or higher, just to try and back up your point.
I think you will find that I said that most our squad was at step 5 last season. The list above illustrates where each player was last season. That is a fact and the reason is that they are past their best. You responded by saying that "plenty were playing at this level and some higher". I accept that some players have played at step 2 / 3 etc, but that wasn't the point I was making - this was some years ago as you well know.
This squad is not up to step 4 - if it were they would have been playing step 4 last season.
Anyway, I'm done with this. You can find an empty room to argue with yourself in
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 7:29 pm
Perton Pitman wrote: Thu Sep 14 2023 7:27 pm

Kelly - Shifnal (step 5)
Sang - Tividale (step 5)

etc. etc.
Anyway, I'm done with this. You can find an empty room to argue with yourself in
Just correcting you that's all .... he isn't getting the best out of the group simple as that
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Guys I'm locking this thread as with that many quotes it's now impossible to follow or read and I think we are just going over the same ground over and over again.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣