Chasetown (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Chasetown (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Monday 28 August 2023 .. kick-off 1500hrs

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park.

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

Local weather forecasts can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Admission Prices:
£11 Adults
£8 Concessions – (students, disabled and over 60’s)
£3 Under 16’s
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Re: Chasetown (H) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Del

Post by Del »

PITMEN 1 - 1 CHASETOWN

(yellowcard) = Sang

Official (crows) 1486

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Very pleased with a point today. Now we have to build on this and get something at Stalybridge. Cashtown were well drilled and had a hard working look to them. We matched them for 75 minutes, but an alarming lack of fitness nearly did for us at the end. We created the slightly better chances and I have to credit the front 3 - I've been critical of them all recently - who kept the visiting defence occupied.

We shot ourselves in the foot with their goal. Bower again gave away possession easily and Nesbitt finished well from a tight angle. Feel sorry for the lad, but he isn't up to this level and is actually a hinderance. Not sure why glover brought him on as there were other options.

Excellent start by the lads and Gwillt took his goal really well.

Well done to the lads for their efforts - they gave everything and the trick is now to keep picking up points to ensure we steer clear of the bottom two. Tough game on Saturday coming up and I'd take another point before a crucial game v Hanley in a couple of weeks,

The people of Hednesford did the club proud today. It's been years since we've had nearly 1500 for a league game and this is heartening after the debacle on Saturday.

Good to see Danny leading the players in applauding the fans - they forgot that we were attacking the Town end in the second half however :mrgreen:
:scratchhead:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Just a few words from me..

My first visit for some time, great to see many familiar faces and an excellent crowd.

No shortage of effort today.

Good goal to give us the lead.. sad that it was an error which led to their equaliser, but it was then a great cross and very good finish.

Plenty of potential, some inexperience showed but that can be rectified.

Richards impressed in goal again.. Paddock at centre back was strong and sound for one so young.. Martin MOTM for me, non stop effort including a crunching late tackle.

Shame to CMJ go off with yet another injury.. Will need a proper right back if both he and Wright are unavailable.
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

...Martin my MoM by the way. Covered a lot of ground, kept going until the end and broke up many of Cashtown's attacks. Dixon a close second, but he faded slightly towards the end.
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Aug 28 2023 6:10 pm
The people of Hednesford did the club proud today. It's been years since we've had nearly 1500 for a league game and this is heartening after the debacle on Saturday.

Good to see Danny leading the players in applauding the fans - they forgot that we were attacking the Town end in the second half however :mrgreen:
PP - See below highest home attendance for nearly 12 years for a regular league game ironically against Chasetown as well.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

From my post on Facebook
Screenshot_20230828_203314_Facebook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Tony J

Post by Tony J »

Del wrote: Mon Aug 28 2023 4:55 pmOfficial (crows) 1486
Magnificent
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

2,894 have attended the first three home league games an average of 965 per game.
Screenshot_20230828_222757_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

much better performance and we were good enough to take all three points but i will settle fo one
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Aug 28 2023 6:10 pm Very pleased with a point today. Now we have to build on this and get something at Stalybridge. Cashtown were well drilled and had a hard working look to them. We matched them for 75 minutes, but an alarming lack of fitness nearly did for us at the end. We created the slightly better chances and I have to credit the front 3 - I've been critical of them all recently - who kept the visiting defence occupied.

We shot ourselves in the foot with their goal. Bower again gave away possession easily and Nesbitt finished well from a tight angle. Feel sorry for the lad, but he isn't up to this level and is actually a hinderance. Not sure why glover brought him on as there were other options.

Excellent start by the lads and Gwillt took his goal really well.

Well done to the lads for their efforts - they gave everything and the trick is now to keep picking up points to ensure we steer clear of the bottom two. Tough game on Saturday coming up and I'd take another point before a crucial game v Hanley in a couple of weeks,

Ok so put some thought into this hopefully it makes sense.
Taking the first 15 minutes and result out of it that was along with Saturday some of the worst football I have seen in a while.
Everything was in the air and Danny seems to have changed yet again how he wants his team to play, which suits some better than others and will be interesting what happens in the next few games.
Deserved the lead no doubt and it was a really well taken goal.

Onto the equaliser and my problems that have been there since pre season!
Held back on comments about certain areas but can't do it any longer as it is driving me mad as no one on here has ever said anything about it and even has them as MoM picks.

Not sure if that is what you do actually remember it all (been here before) but that is the most abridged version of the goal there could be so I have filled in the blanks for you :)

Ball is being lumped in the air all over the place and finds it way about 10 yards outside the box towards our left hand side.
Bower gets to it and tries to pass it to Kelly who had made an overlap on the inside but it gets blocked immediately.
So you have your full back high up after attacking, no problem for me as you want them to do that when you can and there is plenty of cover, from memory we were either 5v2 or 4v2.

This is where the issue is and has been so many times, saw it over 10 times at Widnes and cost us at least 2 if not 3 goals. Not always same players but it is constantly happening.

Paddock, Martin, Gwilt and Griffiths are all behind the ball (Paddock more side on) they have the no.9 in the middle and the player who has just won the ball ... there should never be any danger here at all.

Paddock goes across and does the most ridiculous slide tackle taking himself out of the game, why ? all he had to do is hold the player up or at worst foul him, you never slide in, it's awful.
Martin has had the sense to cover round and has his man where he wants him but yet again (happened in prev home game) he lets him go by him and get a cross in.
There still should be no danger as Gwilt has covered Paddocks postion and is looking at the 9 and Griffiths is marking him.
No communication at all and Griffiths let the 9 run off him to the front and finishes really well from the cross.
There are so many chances to stop the attack from when play breaks down from us yet no one takes responsibilty or does the job.
I think the initial pass should be made and I like the run from Kelly but that is not the reason for the goal at all. You have your most experienced midfielder and defender and that should not happen.

My point with all of this is our midfield and defence do not talk and definitely do not do the basics when players are running at them, look ok going forward but it is a horror show when being attacked and there is space around them.
If anyone watches a game count the times that once play breaks down from us attacking we are completely vunerable and concede chance after chance.
I saw you had Martin and someone else had Paddock for MoM just wanted to put a different perpective on it.
This is not a dig at any individual as the effort was there for all to see on Saturday.

About fitness one of the reasons we may be struggling is the fact that we do not hold possession in midfield and yesterday especially as it kick and run, just a thought.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most of the team that is starting games played at step 5 (step 6 in the case of Paddock and our keeper) last season. The quality isn't going to be there, errors will be made and all we can ask is for maximum effort. I'm asking a lot, but cutting out schoolboy errors would be a bonus. THe better teams in this league will be big and physical, make few errors and will keep going for the whole game. Yesterday was the first time this season I've seen a player constantly run at defences at every opportunity (the Cashtown number 7).

I took issue with Glover's decision to bring Bowers on instead of Andrews as the inference, indirectly, is that Sang is better in midfield than Andrews. Bowers is certainly not a better winger than Sang.

Fitness is definitely a problem. Mardenborough has got cramp after 75 minutes in both of the last 2 home games. As a team we look very leggy in the last 10 minutes and we will drop more points than most in the latter stages of games . Martin put himself about with crunching tackles and gave his all. In the current climate that is enough for me.

I agree that we don't seem to have settled on a starting 11, but that is down to the hugely inconsistent performances of many of the squad. We also have a few injuries and Crane and Thorley are both on holiday apparently.

The football isn't great in terms of quality, but we have to work tirelessly in order to pick up points.

In an ideal world Danny will be looking to bring some loanees in. They will become available shortly as some clubs have bloated squads.
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

Perton Pitman wrote: Tue Aug 29 2023 7:47 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again. Most of the team that is starting games played at step 5 (step 6 in the case of Paddock and our keeper) last season. The quality isn't going to be there, errors will be made and all we can ask is for maximum effort. I'm asking a lot, but cutting out schoolboy errors would be a bonus. THe better teams in this league will be big and physical, make few errors and will keep going for the whole game. Yesterday was the first time this season I've seen a player constantly run at defences at every opportunity (the Cashtown number 7).

I took issue with Glover's decision to bring Bowers on instead of Andrews as the inference, indirectly, is that Sang is better in midfield than Andrews. Bowers is certainly not a better winger than Sang.

Fitness is definitely a problem. Mardenborough has got cramp after 75 minutes in both of the last 2 home games. As a team we look very leggy in the last 10 minutes and we will drop more points than most in the latter stages of games . Martin put himself about with crunching tackles and gave his all. In the current climate that is enough for me.

I agree that we don't seem to have settled on a starting 11, but that is down to the hugely inconsistent performances of many of the squad. We also have a few injuries and Crane and Thorley are both on holiday apparently.

The football isn't great in terms of quality, but we have to work tirelessly in order to pick up points.

In an ideal world Danny will be looking to bring some loanees in. They will become available shortly as some clubs have bloated squads.

Martin and Griffiths have plenty of experience and any defender knows to not slide in like that so not having levels played.
You are never serious if you think Sang is a better option on the wing, I do like him but it is not even close.
Mardenborough was doing more than his fair share of work, maybe needs to take more fluids he's a big lad but definitely puts it in so no wonder he would feel it.
I think the inconsistency is down to the fact that we change how we play every game, we don't have anything settled at all and that comes directly from the manager. From wanting to play football and get people on the ball it's now in the air.. well that suits certain players but not others.
Club has to still pay loanees wages and I would assume that there isn't much more if any available.
I genuinely believe that Danny needs to get his system and starting line up and stick with it for 3,4,5 games so that players get used to each other, centre backs especially.
What I would say is a lot of people are results orientated, for me the Kidsgrove performance was the best and we lost. If we played like that we would pick up plenty of points along the way.