Widnes (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Widnes (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Saturday 26 August - kick-off time: 3:00pm
Venue: DCBL Stadium, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 7DZ
Link to opponents official website: https://www.widnesfootballclub.co.uk/

All supporters when visiting the DCBL Stadium will be seated within the South Stand.
Admission prices:
£10 Adults
£7 Concessions
£2 Under-18s

Concessions
To qualify for the Concession rate, you must be aged 65 years and over or a full-time student aged 16 years and over. Proof of ID will be required.

"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Widnes (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Limited spaces still available on independent supporters coach
Screenshot_20230825_155747_Chrome.jpg
Please contact above, not club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Supporters Coach departs Rugeley on the way to Widnes
have a good day everyone.
FB_IMG_1693041016952.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Follow the match on Pitmen Radio
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

WIDNES 5 - 1 PITMEN

Official (crows) 205

(yellowcard) = Mendez-Jones, Griffiths
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
bix_the_dog

Post by bix_the_dog »

I've not been able to get to a match since Newcastle, but that score is really disappointing on the face of it. However I hope people can see things in the context of what the club has gone through in recent times and the effort many people have put in just to give us a surviving club to support.

Hopefully it's going to be possible to turn things around. I've tried to bin Faecebook so no idea how this has gone down on there, but I've been pleased and surprised with the sentiments that have been expressed until recently and hope it continues as difficult as it may feel.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
njp

Post by njp »

As many of you know I groundhop regularly and after seeing these play last year my analysis was (organised and physical but an awful footballing team) they had 8 players starting who played in that game and I had us down to be winning comfortably. Unfortunately we made them look like Barcelona and that was down to us and not them playing well! I think the only 3 players who can hold their heads up are the young keeper, Williams and Martin who showed some passion throughout the game which is more than can be said for a number of other players! I don’t like to pick out individual performances but the thing that frustrated me most was for their second goal Lewis wright lost the ball and walked in the opposite direction instead of trying to get back and recover and help out the rest of the defence. That is inexcusable at any level of football.
:lol:
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

we looked like a step 5 team and certain individuals didn't look like step 4 players
really poor performance apart from the goalkeeper who had fantastic game
question is how's Danny going to turn this around
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

A message from the Chairman

Morning everyone

I have spent some considerable time deciding whether to post following yesterdays result however i do feel the need to if for no other reason than to address a few bits.(i have decided to post on here as. i know quite a number of supporters are on here but Keith/Del please feel free to repost on the forum etc)

Firstly i want to thank the supporters who travelled yesterday and to Andrew Harrison and Thomas Faulkner who put a lot of time and effort into organising the coach, it’s not easy to do so and your efforts should be recognised.

i also want to touch on the issue at the end of some of the players not coming to acknowledge the support. I know Gloves wasn’t happy about that and neither was I, i don’t for a minute believe it was done maliciously by any player but more that they were gutted at the result and wanted to get off the pitch. That being said it is still not acceptable for any player at this club not to acknowledge and thank the travelling supporters for this so i wholeheartedly apologise to each and every one of you for that.

In regards to the result i watch every game on a stream however i’m not going to comment on the performance etc as it’s a supporters right to do this not a chairman’s (i have learnt that) however what i will say is we are all rebuilding this club together that is Supporters, volunteers, management, players, staff, Terry and myself, that rebuild is going to take time and along the way their will be some bad days and bad results as well as great days and great results that is of course football and what is needed is to stick together during those times as well. in fact it’s vital to the future of this club.

i’ve also seen a couple of posts saying ‘nobody wants to own the club’ that’s actually not true - i love this football club and am incredibly proud to be the chairman however the reason the club remains up for sale is that i simply do not have the wealth that is needed to get this club back to where it and you deserve for it to be, i am lucky enough to have had an amount of success in business however i am also a realist as to what my limitations are in regards to the funding of the club and i have been honest about that with everyone including supporters, management etc. As such i want to find the right person to take this club back where it needs to be but believe me when i say that it is wrong to say nobody WANTS to own the club as i love every second of it but it has to be owned by someone who has the money to take us forward long term.

Football is a cruel game as we all know the highs of winning when playing well(newcastle away just over 10 days ago) can soon be forgotten memories when not playing well (yesterday as an example) it’s understandable and without me dissecting yesterday it is of course fair to say nobody at the club including players, management , supporters or myself were happy with that.

What we need to do is to continue to try to push forward together, this rebuild won’t happen overnight but we have to continue together in order to build something attractive enough to someone to come in and push us forward as discussed, this may take some time but we can get there together.

Danny is hurting as much if not more than anybody today, i know the man very well having worked very closely with him and he is so passionate about this football club that will have angered him as well yesterday so on monday can i ask that as many of you as possible are there (finances, family and commitments pending of course) to get behind him and the lads as you have done throughout pre season and the beginning of the season and we can continue to rebuild together. Remember what i said when i took over we need you not to support me or a board but to support your football club which you have done superbly so far this season.

Thank you all for listening, once again i humbly respect everybodies right to say what they wish to however i just wanted to clarify a few things for everybody and to apologise to the fans who travelled yesterday.

Thank you

Ade
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

A message from the Gaffer

Hi All

Firstly i've given myself time to
calm down and fully get my
head round what went on
yesterday.
Regarding my own opinion I
truly love how much this
football club means to so many
people ....we have so many
people giving up there time to
travel and support us ... fair
play to the lads that set up the
coach as well.. it doesn't go
unnoticed so it's a big thank you for your support and spending your hard earned money.

Secondly

The comments after the game
are 99% justified and you're
entitled to voice how you saw
the game and feel about it. We
have to be able to take the
praise of games like Newcastle
as-well as the negative ones of
this week.
I must admit one or two
comments are harsh but in the
heat of the moment i
understand it happens.
Couple of things from Me
I always knew this season
wasn't going to be easy and In
football nothing is a guarantee
so tough situations can come at
any point i've prepared myself
for this ..

Yesterday

We were second best in every
department which was so
disappointing . We were flat .
had no tempo to our play ..
there were so many errors in the
second half performance which
wasn't acceptable .I have to
stand up and front that as it's
my team, I know the players
are hurting and I fully expect
them to bounce back Monday.
Our three most experienced
players were missing yesterday
and they were needed second
half more than ever to
navigate a struggling team
The lads have to realise what it
takes to play at a club like this
we're two weeks into the season
we've had one good week and one bad one and that's the realisation.

Is the 5-1 defeat yesterday
going to define our season I
don't feel it is and it's my job to
make sure it doesn't happen
I/we need you fans to stick with
our journey and our club I know
I'm asking a lot but I truly
believe together we can turn our
fortunes and I know at times
your going to be angry/deflated/annoyed/frustra
ted but at other times your
excited/buzzing/happy/content
it just shows you care like
us ... we both have a common
goal to see our club succeed
It's not a short term fix this will
take time I'm new to this role
I'm learning in at the deep end I'm
going to make mistakes but you should know me by now and know I won't stop trying/working on getting it right for you guys to be proud of your club again..

Thanks for your support so far
see you Monday pitmen !

Danny
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Good to see communication from the owner and manager. The harsh reality is that many of the squad were playing lower down the pyramid last season and so this will be a long and, at times, tough, season.

The aim is to ensure we do not slide further down the pyramid whilst the club tries to move forward and salvage something from the wreckage of a couple of months ago.
:scratchhead: