Darlaston Town (A) .. Emirates FA Cup Preliminary Round

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
PitmanKeith

Re: Darlaston Town (A) .. Emirates FA Cup Preliminary Round

Post by PitmanKeith »

Thanks Jackie but due to certain people who will remain nameless I have deleted my post as it was deemed that as I wasn't there I had no right to comment even though I didn't specifically comment on the game itself.

Thanks Guys.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

I definetly wasn't there - but listening to the excellent Pitmen Radio commentary by Radio Dave .. I don't think he raised his voice in an exciterd manner at any time, and I certainly cannot remember him reporting on a single shot on goal for us.
Nuff said!
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
johnmotson

Post by johnmotson »

Says the single most negative over reactive poster on here.
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

The reality is that, I think, 8 of the starting 11 were playing at step 5 last season. 1 - CMJ - wasn't playing at all, 1 - Thorley - was at step 3 and Williams was playing at step4.

Taking that into context , yesterday probably wasn't too much of a shock, but what did annoy me was that there was a fair bit of experience on the pitch and it didn't shine through.

We hardly threatened yesterday. Kelly hit the post near the end from a free kick, but there was nothing other than that. Too much hoof ball which their number 6 gobbled up and he caused us problems in our own box. Put simply we need an imposing centre half to win headers and clear the lines. We also need a proper target man up top. Solve those issues and we will be more effective.

The club will survive in the short term as we have an owner who will stick around until we get a buyer, but at some point we will need to find one. A lot of people have been watching our games which is great to see.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

johnmotson wrote: Sun Aug 20 2023 2:30 pm Says the single most negative over reactive poster on here.
Who are you referring to and what post please?
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Del wrote: Sun Aug 20 2023 2:01 pm I definetly wasn't there - but listening to the excellent Pitmen Radio commentary by Radio Dave .. I don't think he raised his voice in an exciterd manner at any time, and I certainly cannot remember him reporting on a single shot on goal for us.
Nuff said!
Thanks Del, much appreciated. Hopefully there will be more to get excited about next time! Early days yet for this team.