Newcastle Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Newcastle Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 15 August - kick-off time: 19:45
Venue: Red Industries Stadium, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 3BX
Link to opponents official website: https://www.newcastletownfc.co.uk/[/url]
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
PitmanKeith

Re: Newcastle Town (A) .. Northern Premier League - West

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

My first visit to Newcastle since we played them in the SSC probably 20 years ago.
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Radio coverage of the game via Pitmen Radio starting shortly before kick off here:

https://pitmen-radio.mixlr.com/?fbclid= ... jJId3V9PC0
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Live updates thread says that Del is out this evening.

There's the proof :mrgreen:
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Full Time

Newcastle Town 0-1 Hednesford Town

Max Dixon 75 mins
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Excellent.

Look forward to Lee's review, I gather he enjoyed it..
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
njp

Post by njp »

I think that is one of the most positive attacking performances I have seen from a Hednesford team in years! It is a bit worrying it didn’t finish 5 or 6-0 because it really should have done with the chances created and the effort put in by the lads. Amazing that we outnumbered their home fans too!
:lol:
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

As one-sided a 1-0 as you could wish to see. The only concern is that our total dominance wasn't reflected in the final result as 5-0 would have been right. It is evident that we need Danny back. His calm head and experience would have seen the game over by half-time last night. I hope Mardenborough gets a goal soon as he is working hard, but things aren't coming off for him.

Kelly and Williams both look very comfortable - the former really is starting to stand out. Lots of 7 out of 10s last night but my man of the match was Tom Thorley who was simply outstanding in a more advanced role up the pitch. Andrews was solid but unspectacular, however, his inclusion allowed Tom to play in a more attacking role and we saw the best of him.

Must admit that I was starting to get nervous as the game wore on as it felt like it wasn't going to be our night before Dixon nipped in for the winner.

Star still looks like he is learning the ropes. Completely different to what we saw pre-season so there is room for improvement in attack.

Great turn out by the Hednesford fans last night. In a crowd of 221 we easily outnumbered the home fans.

Newcastle were very poor and it will be interesting to see if they can steer clear of trouble.

Well done lads - we are up and running.
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Yes Newcastle were really poor but you can only beat what is in front of you. They didn’t have a sniff all game and Craney had nothing to do apart from the odd rare catch or pick up. We completely dominated the game and should have won 5 or 6 on possession and chances.
Mendez-Jones looked much more comfortable last night than on Saturday especially in forward areas and Jack Kelly is proving to be an excellent signing. He was good second half Saturday but yesterday he was excellent. Griffiths and Williams look like they are forming a formidable partnership, both look comfortable and confident.
The midfield has been a concern for many including me in the friendlies but they were all excellent last night. Desean Martin was all over the pitch throwing himself into challenges in injury time. Tom Thorley had his best game for a long time and Ryan Andrews sat in and picked up all the loose balls. He is another player I didn’t think was good enough in the friendlies but last night he hardly gave the ball away all game. The players all knew what they and each other were supposed to be doing and we looked a good side. Ronaldo was brilliant on the left and Dixon effective on the right. Mardenborough could have scored a couple of goals and it’ll come, he’s dangerous, hard working and tricky for defenders and I’m sure he’ll be ok.
Darlaston manager Dean Gill was in the stand. He seemed to disappear at half time though, probably scared of what might come this Saturday. Their keeper saved 4 or 5 of our shots including the penalty, we hit the post and the bar and it was a really good performance.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

I’ll do my character assessment of players Lee has summed the game up very well.
Crane. Very little to do. Seven
Mendez. Steady,capable took care of their wide players well even did some over lapping. Seven
Griffiths. Assured polished performance. Eight
Williams. Has ever didn’t put a foot wrong led from the back. Eight
Kelly. Continues to improve and impress Eight
Andrews. Looked accomplished mopped up in midfield. Eight
Thorley. Huge improvement from Saturday with Andrews covering he had more time and space and sprayed the ball around my man of the match. Nine
Martin. Again big improvement from Saturday winning lots of fifty fifties still needs to improve his passing. Seven
Dixon. Not sure if he’s an out and out winger however gives full backs something to think about and latched on to a far post cross to head home eight
Rivel Hard working again but I think he needs to slow down and think more about his positional play instead of looking a bit like a headless chicken six
Forbes Was a distinct threat and gave their defenders a hard time disappointed to be taken off. Seven
Subs
Bower. He continued being the threat Forbes had been but seemed to get more crosses in and battled hard to get the ball over for the goal seven
Star. Tried hard but some how it isn’t happening for him Six
Others Not on field long enough for assessment
All in all a very competent performance in a game we completely dominated but we must keep our feet on the ground judging by our last two opponents league positions over recent seasons there will be sterner tasks to come but hey ho enjoy it while it lasts
Oh and finally a word about the officials who I thought were excellent.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Danny Glover post match

MFL Div 1 2025 🤣