A.F.C. Wulfrunians (A) .. pre-season friendly

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

A.F.C. Wulfrunians (A) .. pre-season friendly

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday18th July 2023
Kick Off: 7:45pm

Ground info: Castlecroft Stadium, Castlecroft Road, Wolverhampton WV3 8NA
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Re: A.F.C. Wulfrunians (A) .. pre-season friendly

Post by Glyn »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3690847574

Admission prices there.

£7 adults
£4 concessions
Under 12s free
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

WUlfs usually charge those prices for regular season fixtures so it is disappointing to see that they haven't lowered pricing for this friendly.
Still, looking forward to this game and hopefully the weather will be kind
:scratchhead:
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Perton Pitman wrote: Mon Jul 17 2023 3:20 pm WUlfs usually charge those prices for regular season fixtures so it is disappointing to see that they haven't lowered pricing for this friendly.
Still, looking forward to this game and hopefully the weather will be kind
Screenshot_20230717_172910_AccuWeather.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Del

Post by Del »

Pitmen:
Richards, Wright, Trialist 1, Thorley, Williams, Griffiths, Trialist 2, Andrews, Glover , Dixon, Bower.
Subs: Sang, Nelson, Martin, Mardenborough, Trialists 3,4,5 and 6
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

Full Time 1-1
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Caroljohnson

Post by Caroljohnson »

Thank you for the updates
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Very disappointing first half performance. I’ve seen three of the four games and I feel as though we have a few players who may not be good enough for Step 4.
Things got better in the second half when Mardenborough and the two attacking trialists came on but that’s the problem - some of the trialists are better than the players we have and will we be able to sign them?
Of course it’s still early days and there may be movement in and out of the squad but I’m just saying what I’m seeing so far. I’ll be working on Saturday so it’ll be Rugby next for me on Tuesday.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Really disappointed by last night's display. I'm afraid Dixon and Glover made no headway, but then they received little service from our ineffective static midfield. Wulfs looked sharper than us and we were largely dominated in the first half.
Some of our players just don't look good enough and I wouldn't be worried if some left and were replaced by others - I've no idea how easy it is to pick players up at this stage, but something needs doing as we are being carried by the efforts of the same 5 or 6 each game.
No width again which will be a real problem once the season starts in a few weeks.
Once our front two were hooked Mardenborough and trialist improved us enormously with good quality movement and pace. THereafter the game got very niggly with a couple of nasty challenges and the odd rugby tackle by the home side. We then dished out a bit of retribution for good measure.

Plenty to be done folks!
:scratchhead:
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Midfield is the biggest worry for me. Ryan Andrews has been well out of his depth in the games I’ve seen, Tom Thorley continues to prove that his better years have long gone and Harry Bower and the first half Trialist winger were anonymous.
There was an improvement in that area of the field in the second half when Desean Martin and Jack Sang came on but as Perton said very disappointing especially in the first half.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Chris

Post by Chris »

I met up with an old workmate at the game (it was his son who scored the AFC Wulfs goal) and thought their no 4, Ashley Jackson was the best player on the pitch although he did win all three of their Player of the Year awards last season so...
As most have said, we looked better in the second half with the trialists on so I'd sign the lad who scored and the chap who looks like Marcel Desailly.
Can't make it on Saturday so my next game will be Congleton.
We've all seen us have crap preseasons and then have good seasons (and vice versa) so I'm not sure our performances so far have told us that much.