Rushall Olympic (H) .. pre-season friendly

Previews and then comments for the latest Pitmen match ONLY ... all other posts onto the appropriate thread. Yellow and red cards will be awarded for off topic postings!
Del

Rushall Olympic (H) .. pre-season friendly

Post by Del »

Match scheduled for: Tuesday 11th July 2023
Kick Off: 7:45pm

Turnstiles open: 18:00pm
Bars open: 18:00pm

Admission -
£5 Adults
£4 Concessions
£2 Under 16’s
"My Mum always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana"

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
Original HTFCSA #2
Original PPD number 21
jackiemaund

Re: Rushall Olympic (H) .. pre-season friendly

Post by jackiemaund »

Went to Rushall yesterday for their friendly v Stourbridge

Admission prices
Adults. £10
Concessions £8

No wonder there was less than two hundred there with many having travelled over from Stourbridge.
There again I suppose a less than two hundred gate is good for Rushall.
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

The prices are a bit naughty. but I thing their season ticket for step 2 football represents good value.
:scratchhead:
Steve_W

Post by Steve_W »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Jul 09 2023 10:20 am Went to Rushall yesterday for their friendly v Stourbridge

Admission prices
Adults. £10
Concessions £8

No wonder there was less than two hundred there with many having travelled over from Stourbridge.
Actually Rushall averaged 353 in the League last season, just 117 less than Hednesford.

With the away followings coming next season at NLN level well who knows. Good luck in the Cups against Walsall Wood and Darlaston.. hopefully you get through however many Rounds you need to and get a tie against Rushall to boost their attendances.
jackiemaund

Post by jackiemaund »

Steve_W wrote: Sun Jul 09 2023 8:51 pm
jackiemaund wrote: Sun Jul 09 2023 10:20 am Went to Rushall yesterday for their friendly v Stourbridge

Admission prices
Adults. £10
Concessions £8

Actually Rushall averaged 353 in the League last season, just 117 less than Hednesford.

With the away followings coming next season at NLN level well who knows. Good luck in the Cups against Walsall Wood and Darlaston.. hopefully you get through however many Rounds you need to and get a tie against Rushall to boost their attendances.
353 for a promotion season and 470 for a relegated season says a lot about the size of clubs
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder
Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

INdeed it does, but I suspect Rushall will see a lot of home fixtures where the away support is larger than the home for example Hereford, Scunthorpe, Tamworth etc. Nonetheless it is money for their club and I guess as long as it rolls in they aren't too fussed about where it comes from.
Will be a big achievement if they can avoid relegation
PitmanKeith

Post by PitmanKeith »

jackiemaund wrote: Sun Jul 09 2023 10:37 pm
Steve_W wrote: Sun Jul 09 2023 8:51 pm

Admission prices
Adults. £10
Concessions £8

353 for a promotion season and 470 for a relegated season says a lot about the size of clubs
It also says a lot about drive, purpose and ambition within a club.
MFL Div 1 2025 🤣
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Only £2 to park at the ground tonight, says Ade on Facebook..
Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34
sheriff

Post by sheriff »

how much is it normaly
who knows where the road may lead us, only a fool would say
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

sheriff wrote: Tue Jul 11 2023 5:18 pm how much is it normaly
£3 to park normally.
We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the EFL, we’re on our way (26/01/24)
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Ross

Post by Ross »

Very disappointing to see Graham at the game. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our football club.
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Ross wrote: Tue Jul 11 2023 9:47 pm Very disappointing to see Graham at the game. He shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our football club.
Doesn’t he jointly own the company that sponsored the game? Surely that gives him the right to be there…
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Decent performance in the end after a slow start.

Stand out players for me were Michael Williams at centre half, Desean Martin in centre midfield and the Trialist left back who came on early in the first half for the injured Jack Kelly. Those three players in particular were excellent today.
Rushall had more chances but we were unlucky not to snatch a draw at the end. We must remember they are two leagues above us now and walloped Stourbridge 6-0 on Saturday.
I’ll be in Blackpool at the weekend for the darts so it’s Wulfs for me next a week today.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Am I missing something or was he not just a few weeks ago prepared to let this club die?
Lee K

Post by Lee K »

Ross wrote: Tue Jul 11 2023 10:31 pm Am I missing something or was he not just a few weeks ago prepared to let this club die?
Wasn’t he prepared for Gary Hartland to take over?
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Perton Pitman

Post by Perton Pitman »

Agree with Lee's assessment of the standout players last night. Also thought Dan Crane had a fine game.

Great to see so many people at the game, but I'm afraid the evening was marred by the antics, once again, of some of our younger supporters. THrowing a flare onto the pitch is just not acceptable. This provoked the ire of some club officials who reminded the group that the club's future was hanging by a thread not long ago and this kind of thing doesn't help.

Also noticed the smell of weed emanating from the group. If they want to smoke weed and generally be a pain in the arse they should stop away and find a street corner to hang around.

On the subject of Graham Jones - if what I was told last night was true, then he didn't exactly bust a gut in ensuring a smooth transition to a new owner. Not sure how accurate this is, but all clubs facing uncertainty don't need people getting in the way and generally making things difficult.

Anyway he is gone and Hayden and others seem very committed to ensuring the club can thrive and hopefully get back to where it needs to be one day soon.

Rant over!